Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Half Minute Hero

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Half Minute Hero on Sun May 04, 2014 4:04 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Hello, everybody. Welcome to another random review. Last thread I talked about "The Last Story", so today I'll be talking about Half Minute Hero, the fastest game in the world.

The game it's simple, save the world in 30 seconds.

Story (Riku's version):
You start as a normal guy wandering alone, then you enter to a castle where the king asks you to slay some things (part of a tutorial). Then an evil guy wants to destroy the world in 30 seconds, 'cause that's the time to cast the spell of destruction. In other words, you have to hurry up or the world will be destroyed.
These bad guys are called themselves "Evil Lords" and they want to destroy the world by unknown reasons or by stupid reasons. You have the help of the Time Goddess, a women who likes money and accompanies you in your journey. You pay her with some cash and she restarts the time (30 seconds). You pay her (in this case, you pray for a statue) 100g, and she restarts it. And every time you reset the time, it costs a little more. 100g, 200g, 300g, etc.

It has 3 modes more besides Hero 30 (the main mode):
- Evil Lord 30 (no, you don't cast the spell here): It's a real time strategy game, the story here: "A beautiful evil lord tries to lift the curse on his lover and destroy all evil! Continue summoning monsters for 30 seconds". This mode is one of my favourite ones. I love it!
- Princess 30: It's a high speed shooting game, it's not a bad mode but I hate it. The gameplay is enjoyable... But there's something that I didn't like about this mode, I don't know how to explain it. Anyway, the story is this "A kind-hearted princess goes outside the castle in search of a medicinal herb to cure her father's illness!". It's not going alone in the field and things, you're protected by soldiers and you shoot arrows to enemies and stuff.
- Knight 30: This one is a death defying action game, you control a Knight and you have to protect a Sage while he's casting a spell to destroy enemies. 30 seconds to cast it. Why? I don't know. This is the story: "A salvaged knight and a sage set off on a journey. Using all sorts of actions, he will defend the sage for 30 seconds no matter how many times he dies". He revives you everytime you die. This one is good too. Pretty funny, but I still prefer "Evil Lord 30"

There are 2 modes more, but those ones are from the story.

Here comes the rating (no first impressions):
- Story: It is a serious, dramatic and a funny one too. I liked it a lot.
- Gameplay
Hero 30: It's the main mode, it's too much fun. Saving the world in 30 seconds and rage just because the time ended... I love it.
Evil Lord 30: As I said, it's one of my favourites. I'm in love with this mode, and it has a funny story too.
Princess 30: Screw this mode, I hate it! But it is a little, JUST A LITTLE, fun.
Knight 30: I can complete the stages quickly. Some of those stages are too easy, some are not. It is funny too... But Evil Lord 30 is better!

- Menu: Angelical music... And then epic guitar enters! It does have a touch of a Half Minute Hero, so we have a good start, right? It has online mode, but it doesn't work for me since my psp doesn't want to connect to my internet... A well, but I know how it's the online mode, so this one is a plus, anyway.
- Music: Too epic for my ears, need lame music to calm down... Just kidding, it has a pretty epic background music. It fits with every moment (except for the hero 30 field theme 1, too happy for my ears...) If someone asks me to put a rating to this music from 1 to 10... I'll give it a 7/10. I have my reasons, but hey, 7 is good, right?
- Graphics: 8-bit graphics FTW! I was starting to miss the 8-bit world, and this was the perfect game to play with 8-bit graphics. But don't worry, they're not all 8-bit, trust me.
- Sound FX: Acceptable, not much to say here.

There is a "Half Minute Hero Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy", it's just a recreation of the PSP game, but... IT'S ALL HERO 30!! EVIL LORD 30 HAS CHANGED, PRINCESS 30 HAS CHANGED TOO!! WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED!?!? I want to play different modes, not the same mode with different characters ¬.¬!

I'll just keep playing the PSP version. Screw that PC version. And there is a Half Minute Hero 2, called "Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming". I haven't played it, the psp version is in jpn and the pc version is translated, but why not the psp version too ;-; ?

As for the big finale, a gameplay of PewDiePie and Cryaotic, battling each other to see who's the true hero.

They did a gameplay of Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming too. Here you go:

That's all for now, hope you enjoyed it. Have a nice day. Bye bye.

2 Re: Half Minute Hero on Mon May 05, 2014 11:11 am

Klokinator

Admin
People play psp?

3 Re: Half Minute Hero on Mon May 05, 2014 1:43 pm

Parantheon

I had already seen both of those.

http://illander.forumotion.com

4 Re: Half Minute Hero on Mon May 05, 2014 3:34 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Klokinator wrote:People play psp?
I know it's hard to believe, but yes, there are. Still, people use the psp to see anime, movies, listen to music, and other things too.

they watch hentai there too.

5 Re: Half Minute Hero on Mon May 05, 2014 7:59 pm

General Ciraxis

Oh, I remember playing this. I loved the main mode, the evil lord mode was okay, and the last two modes were forgettable. I liked the music a lot too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum