Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Last Story

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Last Story on Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:09 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Salutations, everyone. Since this is game discussion, I would like to share a review of a game (and make activity here) named The Last Story, just like the name of the thread.

I found this game while I was talking to my cousin, and he told me to see this game. I saw a gameplay of it in youtube and I was like... Meh, another RPG but with different system. I didn't paid much attention to this game, until I saw that this game "saved" the wii. How? Well, since Wii was going down for the bad sales, this game came out. It was directed by Hironobu Sakaguchi and developed by Mistwalker and AQ Interactive for the Wii. I thought "How can this game with simple mechanics can be this good? Mother, bring me the milk!". Okay, so I didn't thought the milk part ._.; . I saw another video, then the game with "simple mechanics" wasn't that simple. It is a third-person action role-playing game with stealth and strategy elements. Not my genre but passable.

since I have my Wii unlockedI decided to play this game and see why the hell people was saying that this game is so good.

First Impressions:

The Title Screen: Well, it's beautiful. Somehow, the title name fits with the music, it has that touch of a true Last Story. You know what I mean? And now by pressing A (or tiny "a" for Classic Controller) it changes the background music AND the title itself for another one. A badass music and a... Cave... Cool.
(If you play through the story, the title screen will change if you are in specific parts of the story)

Gameplay: A basic tutorial controlling a character thatIdon'tknowforthemoment... He looks sexy. So aparently, you have a team, and I think they know how to play, right? So, you move towards an enemy and you attack him without pressing any buttons. This can be changed in the options but you get used to this automatic attack, if you're lazy like me, of course. Later on I get to use another character, Zael. He's the main character and he looks great. You get to use him ALL THE GAME. You thought you could play with any character...? Well yeah, your thoughts are correct, you can actually play with any character in the game but just in the online mode (damn it Hironobu Sakaguchi!)

It has parts where you can think on a strategy, that's a sweet system.

Music: I like this kind of music, I don't have much to say here xD. It fits with every moment, if you ask me, like the title, for example (Title music is called "Toberu Mono (instrumental), or "The Flying One")

Effects: They're pretty cool, but I can't see when there's too much fire, ice, and anything else in the screen. Just my opinion xD.

Sound FX: Actually, this sounds in a HD format (or is it just my TV?)

Animations: They're funny in some parts, but it's acceptable.

And Finally, The Story: It's a typical story where you don't want things happen. It's so dramatic that I can't stay calm. I found the story very awesome.

Those were my first impressions of this game. I made this post to do some activity here.

I wish you a good day, this is all for now. Good Bye.

2 Re: The Last Story on Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Parantheon

I think I've heard about this game actually. It sounded pretty awesome, to me, when I first heard about it. I could be thinking of a different game, though. If this is the game I'm thinking of, I thought it was a Final Fantasy game when I first saw the commercial for it, but then at the end of the commercial, it turned out I was wrong about it being Final Fantasy. Nice review Riku. Can't wait to hear more reviews

http://illander.forumotion.com

3 Re: The Last Story on Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:25 pm

I saw this game before it was released, but I never ended up getting a chance to play it..
Since you reminded me of it, I'll have to try to get a hold of it sometime.

4 Re: The Last Story on Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Parantheon

I think I'll try getting my hands on this game too. It sounded pretty fantastic when I first saw it.

http://illander.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum