Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

8-bit (ish) Touhou

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:29 pm

Charlotte

Chick

Screenshots are from an old version

Hnnnnnggg I really don't like Game Maker Studio, but I'm required to use it for this, also this was made with the demo version so I can only have a certain number of assets, so I guess here's a fakebit recreation of TH8 Stage 4(Powerful)?
(the sprites and music are all correct, I didn't use too many palettes or channels, but the SFX don't impact the music and aren't rendered as 1-bit PCM anyway, the sprites don't cause enough slowdown or flicker correctly, and the numbers on the right are based on your computer's fonts and might have antialiasing. Otherwise, this is pretty much NES Touhou~)

(If you couldn't tell, you weren't meant to get past Master Spark. Stop being better than me DX)

(Yes, I intend to make the Uncanny version later. It's just a matter of getting Marisa to not look ugly <_<")

2 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:32 pm

Why'sitsocuteandsparkly

3 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:20 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Hey, I played Touhou 6 8-but version, it was very good. I'll try your Touhou 8-bit later, perhaps =)

Have a good day.

4 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:24 pm

Parantheon

This might sound awful but I don't believe I've heard of Touhou before. But it does sound interesting. and the screenshots look cool. I really want to know more about it.

http://illander.forumotion.com

5 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:04 pm

Charlotte

Chick
No rush, I'm actually constantly updating it just for fun, so I guess the later you try, the better it'll be ^-^;

And @not knowing what Touhou is: that doesn't really sound awful, it's super duper popular in Japan but not really so much in the States. It's pretty much just a series of bullet hell shooters (think Gradius, but enemies shoot 16x as much) with awesome music and a cast of little girls with way too frilly clothes.

6 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:30 am

^ -Insert mentioning of arcade Space Invaders-

7 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:21 am

RikuTheHedgehog

Wow, good dificulty, epic 8-bit remix of "Retribution for the Eternal Night ~ Imperishable Night ". And a total mini recreation of Marisa's spells of Touohu IN xD.

I've only saw Touhou 6 as 8-bit, and it was not so good. But I had fun playing this.

Liked your work, Charlotte.

8 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:33 pm

Parantheon

Ok. now i don't feel as bad. haha I guess I have to look all of this up now, huh? Gotta fit it into my new schedule.

http://illander.forumotion.com

9 Re: 8-bit (ish) Touhou on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:55 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Charlotte wrote:
Hnnnnnggg I really don't like Game Maker Studio, but I'm required to use it for this

y

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum