Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

KKs RPG

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: KKs RPG on Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 pm

Parantheon

It's alright. I can't seem to use anything else with my laptop. I tried photobucket, that sucked. It uploaded my sprite, but it had all this white surrounding it's ears and legs. I was so frustrated. And then when I tried to find it in my photobucket library....it didn't register my upload...

http://illander.forumotion.com

27 Re: KKs RPG on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Uhh hm I usually use Gyazo, but that might have issues with bad computers, imgur is popular for web-based uploading?

28 Re: KKs RPG on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:33 pm

Parantheon

I don't know. I've never used anything for this type of thing before...

29 Re: KKs RPG on Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:45 pm

RomeAX

So, I've decided to make the skills weapon based rather than class based. It's more work for me but this will allow for more customization for the player and also a way to prevent some people being more powerful than others.

Also since everyone will be able to equip only three different weapon types this doesn't mean that one character will be able to learn all skills.

But don't worry, there's still the exclusive skills for Limit Breaks, Summons and Team attacks.

So for the summons, name your favorite animal oe w/e you want to summon.

So far we have:
Yoshi - Dinosaur
Aeo - Warthog
L95 -  Crow
Merc - Dikdik
Charlotte - Fish
Lenh - Corgi Dragon
Rome - Angel

Last edited by RomeAX on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

30 Re: KKs RPG on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:03 pm

Parantheon

Paran - Mountain Ram/ Goat. I'll get my character stuff up here tomorrow.

31 Re: KKs RPG on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:52 pm

Primefusion

Admin
I like cats.

32 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:28 am

General Ciraxis

An ice dragon Or a spoon

33 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:05 am

Charlotte

Chick
Primefusion wrote:I like toast.
Don't we all.

34 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 am

RomeAX

@Prime: Priiiiime but who do you think gets to summon a cat? HUH? MEW.

OK so guys, I've decided for something new AGAIN.

When I started to work on the skills I realized: "Why seal the skills if you're not using the right weapon? Why not make the skill do lower damage if you're not using a weapon based on said damage?"

So, some of you may know already; besides the elemental damages, we have the three main physical damages that are: Slash, Impact and Pierce.

So, if you're using a Sword and you use an Impact based skill, you'd do reduced damage. I'm thinking about a 30% or 50% penalty. BUT if you're using a Sword and use a Slash based skill you'd do 20% bonus damage. And since swords can pierce too, Pierce based skills won't get penalties nor bonuses.

I hope you guys get what I'm saying.

Another thing is - since you will be able to buy any skill for any character - I plan on making each character strong when using a certain elemental attack and slightly weaker when using another type of element. For example:

Let's say we have Bobo - Bobo when using fire skills does 20% bonus damage. But since Bobo is strong with Fire skills that would mean that he gets a penalty when using Water skills. So if Bobo uses a Water skill he'd do 10%-15% less damage.

I think this would make the characters more unique on this new skill system. Previously without the bonuses/penalties everyone would be able to use any skill as long as they had the weapon required to use the skills. So normally, the old way would bring a lot of cloned skills since they were weapon based and some weapons use the same physical element.

35 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:43 am

Mew

Chick
Doesn't that make a sword more powerful though?

Like if you used...IDK, a club, you can't slash with that, and you can't pierce with that, it will pretty much always be impact, won't it? Or I guess technically you ~could~ slash with a club, but it wouldn't at all be like slashing with a sword. I like the idea I'm just wondering what you are thinking with diff weapon types

Also I like the elemental affinity

And lool yes my character is apparently a catgirl so it makes sense. I guess I could have a mousefriend though?

http://www.margosikes.com

36 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 am

RomeAX

You have a point, but there's way around that. Like Swords would have the advantage of no penalties on 2 damages (Slash is bonus and Pierce neutral) but Maces (planning on mace being able to do normal slash damage) and Hammers are more powerful. So what I have so far is (0% means they do 100% regular damage):

Sword/Claw/Katana: +20% Slash, -50% Impact, 0% Pierce

Axe/Mace: +0% Slash, +20% Impact, -50% Pierce

Hammer: -50% Slash, +20% Impact, 0% Pierce

Bow/Pistol: -50% Slash, 0% Impact, +20% Pierce

Spear: 0% Slash, -50% Impact, 20% Pierce

Staff/Rod/Flute: Magic weapons won't get any bonus nor penalties since they're weak physically anyways.

Edit: Oh Right, I added two new weapon types. Will update weapon list and effects soon.

37 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Primefusion

Admin
RomeAX wrote:Let's say we have Bobo
I read this as "Let's say we have boobs".

Reading through the old thread it looks I was going for a paladin character? So I guess an appropriate summon would be some sort of light being. Maybe a phoenix? Dunno. You can always choose something appropriate for me.

38 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:32 pm

Mew

Chick
I think I see what you mean, like a Hammer would have a higher base attack stat than a Sword of the same value/rarity? But then you put the hammer as 0% pierce which I don't think makes sense, that would mean it would do as much piercing damage as a sword. I guess I'm wondering what you meant by saying that a Hammer is more powerful.

And still, nothing wrong with stretching the truth to make it balanced '3' Do you have any plans on how you'll present that information to players? Will they see a chart with the percentages or something? J/w

One game series that uses pierce/blunt/slash damage is Shin Megami Tensei, although the weapons you equip on your character do not affect your skills. Your normal "attack" simply gains that as its element and it can either help or hinder you depending on enemy resistances. Physical skills aren't affected, and take on their own affinities. That is a slightly simpler way of dealing with things, though it sounds like you want weapon equipping to be more thoughtful than just "what enemy am I fighting and is it weak to this weapon?"

39 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:36 pm

Charlotte

Chick
I think the 0%, 50%, and 20% are added to a base power number, so like a sword is 10 (12 if the user is good with swords) but a hammer is 11(13 if the user is good with hammers)

(EDIT: I can read) (and do math)

Last edited by Charlotte on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

40 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Mew

Chick
oh psh I'm stupid I never saw the list he wrote on the first page -_-;;

41 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Oh lol I didn't either, only see it now that you mention it. That was definitely an edit doot

42 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I moved this topic to the main board as well as all the other topics in the two subforums and deleted those two subforums. Bite me.

43 Re: KKs RPG on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:12 pm

RomeAX

Mew wrote:I guess I'm wondering what you meant by saying that a Hammer is more powerful.
I mean that a Hammer does more damage than a Sword. This doesn't mean hammers are better because they do more damage. Swords increases agility which helps with your turn in battle and they also increase the chance to deal critical hits. Hammers can do far more damage and they have a chance to decrease the enemy's defense.

Oh and the weapon you have equipped affects the damage you do with the physical skills. So if you're using a sword, impact skills will do 50% less damage.

Mew wrote:And still, nothing wrong with stretching the truth to make it balanced '3' Do you have any plans on how you'll present that information to players? Will they see a chart with the percentages or something? J/w
Probably in the weapon's description, npcs, a note or something. Hadn't thought of that yet honestly.

Mew wrote:One game series that uses pierce/blunt/slash damage is Shin Megami Tensei, although the weapons you equip on your character do not affect your skills. Your normal "attack" simply gains that as its element and it can either help or hinder you depending on enemy resistances. Physical skills aren't affected, and take on their own affinities. That is a slightly simpler way of dealing with things, though it sounds like you want weapon equipping to be more thoughtful than just "what enemy am I fighting and is it weak to this weapon?"
Yeah same with White Knight Chronicles and Ys games. I was thinking about getting rid of the usual attack command and make it skills only but I'm not sure if I want it this way yet.

44 Re: KKs RPG on Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:00 pm

RomeAX

Well, I'm not completely removing the skill-exclusive-to-weapons thing because seeing an arrow do slash damage is messing with my kayfabe. My brain can't handle it.

So this time I'm only going to make the physical attacks weapon exclusive. Previously every weapon had their own skillset. (around 20 skills each, including support skills)

45 Re: KKs RPG on Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:11 pm

Parantheon

can I be a thief? if yes, make me however makes sense

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum