Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire Emblem - The Four Legends

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1 Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

UPDATE 2014/03/23: Riku's Face finally done thanks to Lenh. And thanks to Charlotte for starting it.
UPDATE 2014/03/29: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends Prologue I to IV Main Story and the IV prologues are finished, read it if you want to.
UPDATE 2014/04/13: The Release of the first Demo. Click Here to download "Fire Emblem - The Four Legends (If you have the one when Koga dies but no game over, re-download this one Razz)
Maybe you'll be needing RGSS-RTP Standard to play this. Here ya go: RGSS-RTP Standard

Hello everyone, How are you today? Good? That's great. I would like to post my project called:

(Menu Music: Click me to listen.)

Yeah... the title is not that good... but I did my best, right?

Here's the story:

"Our Story begins in a little universe called "Ragnarok", where you can find many countries and towns that are popular. Prontera, one of the most famous towns of Ragnarok, that had been protected long time ago by Silver the Great, but one day he dissapeared and has never seen again. Riku, a Dark Slayer who take cares of Prontera just like Silver told him to do
long time ago... This mysterious Dark Slayer is called the leader of the 4 Legends, he wields the legendary Katana that belongs to the King of the Demons, nobody knows how Riku got it, nobody didn't have the chance to talk to him to know about it. With a tragic past, Riku continues his life in Prontera."

Here are the characters, I'm not that good of a spriter, so... I don't have mucho to give.

Riku

"The demon falled from the sky and rejected by the underworld"

Author: Rowan Denning
Restoration of the Face: Lenh (Huge thanks to her). Thanks to Charlotte for Starting the restoration
Recolor: Yes

Class: Dark Slayer
Town: Geffen
Bonds: Koga (Cousin), Kain (Cousin), Zero (Best Friend)
Personality: Serious, cold, anti-social but very protective to the people he cares about

Story:
He's the son of the King of The Demons and the Queen of the Heaven. He started as a Thief, but he never stole in his life until her 2 sisters died. He was teleported by her 2 sisters (they we're mages) and sent him to Prontera. As he arrived, he fainted. Riku was found by a guard. He passed his entire life in Prontera until one day he lost almost everything. And now, he is with his Cousin, Koga, as he treats him like a brother. They have a special bond, always together, and united to the end.

Koga

"The fastest Falcon eye of Geffen"

Only portrait, no sprite yet
Body used: Wil (FE7)
Face used: Wil (FE7)
Hair used: Wil and Leila (FE7) Mixed Together

Class: Sniper (Promoted: Marksman)
Town: Geffen
Bonds: Riku (Cousin), Kain (Brother), Zero (Best Friend)
Personality: He doesn't talk too much when it's a stranger, he's kinda shy. When he's with Riku or with someone else that Koga Likes (a good friend for example) he's too friendly, always smilling.

Story:
Have To work on it

Kain

"Always focused on the right point"

I Have to fix this, His face and eyes don't match with the body, but, the hair and the bandage in the head DOES fit, right? (...) I lost the mugshots, this is just a picture I uploaded on my personal facebook. So... Any help is thanked ;-; . I'm working on a recolor of a sprite that a user of deviant art uploaded called Lenh. Credits to him and special thanks for making it free to use. The jacket of Kain should've been be blue, this was just a wip just before my PC got formatted.

Class: Gunslinger
Town: Alberta
Bonds: Zero (Best Friend), Koga (Brother), Riku (Cousin)
Personality: Kain is like the kind of guy you can count on, though... he's a little clumsy, but he never gives up on protecting his family and friends.

Story:
Have To work on it

Zero

"The demon of the human world"

Class: Reaper of Souls (Like Dio from Grand Chase)
Town: Alberta
Bonds: Kain, Koga and Riku (The three of them are his Best Friends)
Personality: Close to the personality of Riku, but more rude. He acts very rude against Riku, Koga or Kain, but just because he wants to protect them, it's like their family.

Story:
It is only known that Zero is the most popular Demon in the underworld (besides Riku). Nobody knows why he's in the human world. He met Kain and Koga when he was wondering all alone. Riku and Zero knew each other in Alberta thanks to Kain. The people think that Zero is a Lagus.

------------------------

1st Demo: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends 1st Demo
(If you have the one when Koga dies but no game over, re-download this one Razz)
Maybe you'll be needing RGSS-RTP Standard to play this. Here ya go: RGSS-RTP Standard

As you may have notice, this FE is based on the world of Ragnarok Online. Riku has been based on an Assasin Cross. Kain from a Gunslinger. Koga from a Sniper. Zero... I don't know.

Riku:
Koga:
Kain:

Since Zero is a Reaper of Souls, there is no Ragnarok Image that matches His Class.

Well guys, this is all. If you didn't understand anything, I'm terribly sorry about my bad English, still have much to learn. I'm Chilean. I will accept any crits or commentaries. If you want to support me (if you just want to) my skype (search by email):
"shadow.stronger@hotmail.com"

Hope you liked this WIP. See ya sooner.

P.S: As I'm not good at being a spriter. I am good at another thing:

I understand how yeti loops the music. So, if you want me to loop a music (that has possible loop) Ask me if you want.

Last edited by RikuTheHedgehog on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:36 am; edited 17 times in total

2 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Well, this is... certainly a project.

The good:
- It has music. (Silence is so deafening)
- It has characters. (That's always a plus)
- It has music. (Definitely the best part)

The bad:
- Why are character faces zoomed in 8x?
- Where is the story?
- What is this about?

Guess that's it for critique. Are you going to be using the Ragnarok sprites for anything ingame?

3 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:58 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Klokinator wrote:
The bad:
- Why are character faces zoomed in 8x?
- Where is the story?
- What is this about?

Are you going to be using the Ragnarok sprites for anything ingame?

1.- Well... I still have to know how to zoom correctly, since I did it with Photoshop, and not with another image editor
2.- Still have to work on it. First in spanish, then in English. Translate it's a little complicated for me.
3.- It's just something I wanted to do. I'm a fan of Fire Emblem, and when I saw Yeti's FEXP project, I got excited. I've read your FEXP Ultimate Guide, and I learned a lot, to tell you the truth. And now, I'm waiting Yeti's FEXNA program.
4.- No, They are just like... the Base to begin with. For example: The hair, the suit, the class, etc.

Thanks for the Crits Klok  Very Happy

4 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I hope Yeti's FEXNA gets released before this whole year is over XD. It's pretty sweet and I'm having way more fun making a game with it than I ever did with FEXP. The similarities between it and FEXP are pretty neat, and the eventing is really similar to romhacking eventing (Albeit better lol).

5 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:21 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Klok, sorry to ask you this. But if you can answer me, does FEXNA has "BGM Loop Points" in the script editor too?

If the answer is yes. I'll gladly upload a tutorial on how to loop songs with Yeti's edition.

6 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Loop points are literally one of the easiest things you can do though. But yes, it has bgm loop points.

The only downside fexna has with regards to music is that loop points only support XACT and maybe WAV files, anything else doesn't have loop points. Any music file that isn't converted to XACT, additionally, sometimes has other random bugs too. I couldn't begin to describe them, it just does.

Edit: OPPS! Turns out it's OGG that's supported. I chatted with yeti about it and he corrected me.

7 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:39 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Klokinator wrote:Edit: OPPS! Turns out it's OGG that's supported. I chatted with yeti about it and he corrected me.

That's great! Just like the old FEXP, and it will be more easy for me to loop the songs. I'll be working on the tutorial.

Thanks a lot, Klok Very Happy 

8 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 am

Jesse

You said the title's not that great, but perhaps if you were to simply change "Legendaries" to "Legends" it would ring a little better?

It's also funny that you have a red-haired character named "Kain" when the Fire Emblem archetype "Cain" is a red Cavalier.

And you are trying to mix Fire Emblem (mechanics), Final Fantasy (music, apparently), and Ragnarok (world). 0-o

9 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:26 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Jesse wrote:You said the title's not that great, but perhaps if you were to simply change "Legendaries" to "Legends" it would ring a little better?

Huh... you're right. I'll change it immediately, I still have the PSD picture saved. Thanks for the suggestion Man =D

Jesse wrote:It's also funny that you have a red-haired character named "Kain" when the Fire Emblem archetype "Cain" is a red Cavalier.

Yeah, I remember him, but it's with K not C (Catherine Reference xDD?). It's the name of another game, I don't remember exactly from where.

Jesse wrote:And you are trying to mix Fire Emblem (mechanics), Final Fantasy (music, apparently), and Ragnarok (world). 0-o

Fire Emblem Mechanics, yes. Final Fantasy Music, not just that music, music from Sengoku Basara, Kingdom Hearts, Castlevania, and from the same Fire Emblem but remastered tracks, like 0rangastrang's Remastered Fire Emblem 8 Soundtrack, which one you can see here. Ragnarok World, yes. We have stories too from the game itself, like a GM that really, really wanted us dead xDD. Not just me, my cousin Kain and my best friend Zero, and Koga too xDD.

Thanks for your commentary, It helps a lot Very Happy

Last edited by RikuTheHedgehog on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

10 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:44 pm

Parantheon

A Catherine reference! Haha I got that one. In my own personal opinion, I love Final Fantasy, and I love the music even more. Its a good idea you've come up with, dude. Keep on it. I can just tell that this work of yours is gonna be epic. Make more backstories, though. Remember, there is no such thing as too much backstory....well, maybe there is. Anyway, that's my advice for now. I don't know much about spriting, so thet look great in my book.

http://illander.forumotion.com

11 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:14 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Parantheon wrote:A Catherine reference! Haha I got that one.
Heh, It's funny that you understood that joke xD

Parantheon wrote:In my own personal opinion, I love Final Fantasy, and I love the music even more. Its a good idea you've come up with, dude. Keep on it. I can just tell that this work of yours is gonna be epic. Make more backstories, though. Remember, there is no such thing as too much backstory....well, maybe there is. Anyway, that's my advice for now. I don't know much about spriting, so thet look great in my book.
It will have some Final Fantasy Music, like this one
Spoiler:

You can see it here on my BGM Loop Points and the picture I published in this post
As for the story, I guess I will be working on it on the notepad or Microsoft Word. As for the sprites, Is just recoloring, not a big deal T_T . But I'm glad you liked it. More updates to come.

Have a Good Day.

12 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:25 pm

Parantheon

Hey, if you need any help with this thing man, I can't help with your sprites that are needed, but I can write. If you need anything, man, just ask. Alright? I'm sure if I can't help, someone else can. You might not need help though. Sounds like you've gotten that whole ideea pretty solid. As for what Jesse said about Legendaries and Legends, he is right. Fire Emblem The Four Legendaries just sounds awkward. like it doesn't feel like it fits. Well, there's some more added advice for something you've probably got well under control now.

13 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:05 pm

Jesse

I'm all too familiar with 0rangaStang and his FE8 Remastered album, my friend. If you want, I might give composing for this a try if you would rather not use music from other series.

Just tell me what you're looking for, and I'll give it a shot, sir.

And if I'm not satisfactory, harass Magix about it. He's got talent.

14 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:26 pm

Parantheon

Magix is really talented when it comes to music. If you ever need help with anything music-related, he's definitely the guy to go to.

15 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Hmm... I think I might ask for composing original music. I'll think about it. Thank you guys =) .

Now what I really need, if someone could help.
Open me if you want:

This little Mugshot that I can't rip the hair and eyes off. The Hair and the Eyes match perfectly to the character of Riku. By making the Hair white, and the eyes are... I don't know, red? blue? I just can't rip it, since this beautiful Mugshot was found in an Album of Fan's Sprite, I cannot find the creator, nor give credit. And since it's facebook we're talking about, every picture it's converted on jpeg and the colours are messed up. It looks great on far, but when I zoom in, I can't do anything about it. Could someon help me with this?
If I can get Riku's portrait done, the first demo of the four legends will be shown on light.

The Pro's: You'll see Riku and Koga in action. Part of the story might be revealed.
The Bads: Since it's semi-impossible export sprites to the FEXP engine, I'll be using a Swordmaster and a normal archer for Riku's sprite and Koga's sprite.

That's all I can say for now. Have a good day.

P.S: Working on the Story

16 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:02 pm

Parantheon

With spriting, I know I can't help with that, but maybe you could try Merc, Yoshi, or Klok. Those three should be able to help you there. 1 question, with some advice, though. What is that sprite's gender, and what is Riku's? I lied....that was two questions.... Anyway if Riku is a male, this sprite could still work if they change quite a bit of the features, like the facial construction and a few other things that should be quite obvious. There's some more of my advice today....

17 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:06 pm

Yoshi

Admin
That mug is actually pretty nice, but why did you save it as a jpg :C

18 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:33 pm

Parantheon

You could have saved it to, let's see, what is another type of photo file? Ummm....PDF? No....that's something completely different....right?

19 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Klokinator

Admin
PNG is the best file format for sprites. Gif is second best. JPG is bottom tier worst.

20 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Parantheon

PDF is for documents, right? I don't think I have PNG....I have JPG....it sucks. Anyways, the mug does look great. Did you say you got that from Facebook? Or were you talking about something entirely different?

21 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:07 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Parantheon wrote:With spriting, I know I can't help with that, but maybe you could try Merc, Yoshi, or Klok.
I don't want to cause any trouble with the sprite thing :c . That's why I putted "If someone can help, just if you want"

Parantheon wrote:1 question, with some advice, though. What is that sprite's gender, and what is Riku's? I lied....that was two questions....

*Gasp* How dare you... Nah, JK. Riku's a male, and the character in the mugshot is a women.

Parantheon wrote:Anyway if Riku is a male, this sprite could still work if they change quite a bit of the features, like the facial construction and a few other things that should be quite obvious. There's some more of my advice today....

I thought that too, 'cause this is so similar to Riku, and it can be his portrait.

Yoshi wrote:That mug is actually pretty nice, but why did you save it as a jpg :C

In facebook, I noticed the last lines, I changed the jpeg format to png format. But... not much of changes.
Mugshot PNG Version:
It's a little better, I guess. What do you think D: ?

22 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:11 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Parantheon wrote:Did you say you got that from Facebook? Or were you talking about something entirely different?

Click here to see the Image Itself in Facebook, This "[Rowan Dunning]" Guy made it, so... credits to him (?)

EDIT: Rowan Dunning is Actually a Girl... s**t. Credits to HER then xD.

Last edited by RikuTheHedgehog on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

23 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Parantheon

Well, it's good that you give credit to people, haha. And as far as the causing trouble part goes, you're not. The people on this site actually "like" to help other people with their works. Well, "most" of them anyway. This site's not like most sites, seeing as how Klok runs this joint. I think this, I don't want to say thing because that sounds cruel, but this (work? yeah that's better. yep.) work of yours could go pretty far. If you ask for help when it's needed and even when it isn't. Like I said before, most of the members here will "at least try to" help you if you get stuck on something.

24 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:19 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Not sure if you even know what JPGing does to a sprite, but here's an example.

The one on the right is JPG'd.

25 Re: Fire Emblem - The Four Legends on Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:25 pm

Parantheon

the color faded quite a bit on the JPG'd one. It's cool you used Spiderman as an example.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum