Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Troubleshooting

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Troubleshooting on Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:08 pm

Ninja Penguin

I'm following along in Klok's master FEXP tutorial and I've hit something of a roadblock. I can set up a new chapter just fine, but actually routing it to this map via the event in MAP002...

...results in this lovely error...

...which, traced to the error line in question, leads to a script that I haven't touched. It's entirely the original BwdYeti script. Have I erred in making the map, somehow? Am I missing an event that governs something important?

Using basic FEXP off of the Immortal Sword website, if it helps. I haven't injected it with the extra Super FEXP data yet.

2 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:40 am

Charlotte

Chick
Uhh wow I haven't touched FEXP in forever, normally I'd ask to see the event you're using but first, are you using a custom tileset? That palette makes me think of FE8.

3 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:44 am

Ninja Penguin

It's the "Laus" tileset that BwdYeti packaged in, which is really just a recolor of the basic Overworld tileset with less saturation. I've tried exactly the same map setup with Overworld, and it results in the same error.

The initialization event:

4 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:27 am

Charlotte

Chick
Uhhh hmmm, nothing is jumping out at me, my last recommendation is to see what happens with Super FEXP, and if that doesn't work I guess just wait for someone who actually still uses FEXP =x

5 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:55 am

Ninja Penguin

I'm content to wait, just... I don't really have any other options, if this can't be resolved, since FEXNA -- which looks to be coming along nicely, from what material on it I can find -- is behind closed doors.

6 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Uhhhh yeah I haven't touched fexp in... months. Tat's really an understatement, it's actually getting close to a whole year. Most of us on this forum are using fexna as part of the beta and it's actually close to done. There's only a few core additions (Such as a couple editors, some streamlining for ease of use like importing animations, and a title screen + gba save system combo) before it's ready for release.

We also want to add all gba fe classes and animations but that's another hurdle.

7 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:45 pm

Jesse

Yeah...FEXP is a dead dino pretty much. Everyone who knew how to use it gave up on it long ago because of how obnoxious and temperamental it was. It was great when I first played around with it, but serious projects are difficult at best to do anything with.

I'm trying different stuff with RMVXA, and hopefully, if/when I finish, it will be a more detailed version of FEXP, with more options and less need to script all this complex crap and stuff. But right now I'm just playing around with bits and doodads to see what happens, and maybe I'll get a working battle system going...

8 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:37 pm

No program, as far I'm aware, can divide by zero. Which seems to be the/one of the problems.

I have a lucky knack for coding (I have no experience with it, but I can somehow do some basic/cool crap on occasion), but I haven't touched it in months, and I've never used this, but.. An impossible equation would be the first thing to screw up a code.
If it's supposed to be that, I have no clue why the code would work in the first place.

I may be wrong, of course (I probably am, but). Best of luck. ;u;

9 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:46 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Well if you like FEXP, Mr. Galleom is updating FEXP and adding in all the missing features it needs so I'd just wait on him to finish that. FEXP isn't dead, it's just incomplete and waiting fo someone like him to pick up where Yeti left off.

10 Re: Troubleshooting on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:50 pm

Charlotte

Chick
(The issue isn't really that it's dividing by zero, that's just what YEti has it do when it encounters this error, I'm pretty sure)

11 Re: Troubleshooting on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Ninja Penguin

I'll see if I can't trace it back to what triggers the division-by-zero code segment, then. Even so, it's looking more and more like I'm waiting on FEXNA or a more complete RPG Maker-native engine to hit public release. Thanks for all the advice.

Klokinator wrote:Well if you like FEXP, Mr. Galleom is updating FEXP and adding in all the missing features it needs so I'd just wait on him to finish that.
Any place where I can monitor that project's progress?

12 Re: Troubleshooting on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:35 pm

Klokinator

Admin

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum