You are not connected. Please login or register

FE Maker Ace

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FE Maker Ace on Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:29 pm

Jesse

PROJECT TITLE:
FE Maker Ace

DESCRIPTION:
A Fire Emblem game-making engine, based in RPG Maker VX Ace, utilizing a variety of features from different games of the Fire Emblem universe.

FEATURES:
- I will be including GBA FE graphics, SNES FE-esque graphics (maybe), FE13 graphics (uhm...the map sprites and tiles...and that's an extreme maybe), and some degree of custom graphics.
- Audio will include music from all manner of FE games, as well as remastered/remixed tracks, and a few custom themes.
- Classes will (hopefully) include nearly every class and potential promotion trees from previous FEs, including everything from Trainees to FE10's Mastery Third Tier.
- Skills will be obtainable in FE13 or FE9/10 form, or a combination of the two (decided by the game designer).
- Will likely be 3D to some degree using a Mode7 script.
- The Forge will be a possible feature to some degree in different forms.
- Rescuing, Capturing, and even (maybe) FE13's Pair Up feature will be included.
- Dual Battles, including the Dual Guard and Dual Strike, will be optional.
- Supports can be the common 5 maximum, or unlimited save S-Rank supports (only 1).
- Event Tiles from FE13.
- Biorhythm (maybe) for those of you who like that sort of thing.
- World Map exploration (like FE2, FE8, and FE13) option.
- Base/Barracks/Camp option, like FE9/10.
- Wide variety of weapons from different games, possibly including homemade ones.
- Grid visibility option (?)
- Option for Bonus EXP...maybe?
- Objectives including Seize, Arrive, Rout, Escape, Defeat Boss(es), Survive, Defend, and Conquest (think FE4-style).

If you aren't interested in scripting, skip this bit. Basically what I've got for scripts right now is a combination of the following RMVXA scripts:
MGC's Mode 7 Ace v.1.7
Tsukihime's (HimeWorks) individualized actor inventories
Fomar0153's script that keeps items from stacking
GubiD's GTBS (maybe)
Possibly a couple of scripts by Galv. Unsure just how many.

Few, if any, of these scripts will be in their raw form. There are a number that will have to involve some tweaking. Especially that GTBS.

Any serious suggestions will be taken into consideration and will not be discarded idly. Anyone willing to offer advice or aid is welcome, otherwise this project may never be completed if I'm searching for and rewriting scripts on my own. And before anyone says I'm ripping stuff off from klok's FEDE, I'm actually just trying to make sure his ideas survive. I'm just not sure there'd be a possibility for that dual screen option he came up with.

2 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:30 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I think it's a cool concept. If you accomplish it, more power to you!

3 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Jesse

"If" being the key word there. XD

Honestly, I think the scripts are the majority of the battle. There are enough existing scripts that I can probably piece them together into one large engine, but making them work smoothly together can be difficult. Heck, I've even seen a script for Weapon Levels, which is immensely helpful. I also have an item storage script, an army management script, and a script that should allow easy transition between the idle, focus, and movement animations with little editing done, though none of these are going to be implemented until I can get those seven other item scripts (all of which take care of non-stacking items, item durability, and individual actor inventories). So far, so good. As soon as I get something usable, I promise I'll post it.

4 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:33 am

I'm pretty good with handling scripts, but I'd have to dl VX Ace again.
So if you need any help with them, just tell me. ^^ good luck'n'stuff

5 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Jesse

Thanks. If When I need help, I'll call you. Maybe most of the work can be done by searching for other scripts, though.

6 Re: FE Maker Ace on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:02 am

Jesse

Well, I decided to jump from scripts to graphics for a little while yesterday, did some quickly Photoshopped world maps, and...well...I got carried away. XD

7 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:27 am

Jesse

Okay, right now it's looking like I may not need the GTBS. I'm actually making a somewhat simple event-based moverange and stuff. I don't have enemy and NPC or any real battle stuff done yet, but I managed to figure out the moverange over the period of a half an hour. Really and truthfully, the hardest part is going to be on my shoulders. All that anyone editing this may have to do is copy some events and edit a couple of numbers.

Even with the scripts that I'm grabbing, I'm trying to find the most user-friendly stuff available, where the only scripts you'll have to worry about are simple small script calls and notetags. The only problem I'm having right now is getting a couple of the inventory scripts to work together, but that will be overcome with time, and it's not hindering my testing of the game unless I mess with the inventory and stuff.

So anyway, there may be a small demo of what I've got being uploaded soon. But honestly, it'll be such a small demo that its only purpose would be to show that I'm starting to get somewhere with this. If someone could actually make something worthwhile with it, I'd be surprised. And the amount of imported graphics will be minimal.

8 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 pm

Charlotte

Chick
To be honest, back when I first read through the first post, I was thinking, "yeah right, this probably won't make it past the concept phase"

But then I saw the name attached to it. I'm not at all surprised you've got something almost workable already. I'll be using FEXNA, personally, but I do think you've got the chops to pull of something like what you plan, so I hope you do!

9 Re: FE Maker Ace on Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:22 pm

Jesse

To be honest, back when I first read through the first post, I was thinking, "yeah right, this probably won't make it past the concept phase"
And quite honestly, I don't blame you for taking that mindset. I've only really gone past the concept stage and come anywhere near completion with one project, and that's the book I've written. Now I'm just waiting on my parents to edit it how they will, then I've got some teachers from high school who wanted to help me with editing, and then it's off to be published.

And luckily everything has gone rather smoothly outside of that single disagreement between two of the scripts, so I have good hopes for this.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum