Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me. on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Protagonist

So I was working on a Fire Emblem 8 rebalance for the heck of it, and I was thinking about asking this wonderful little community if they'd like to help me refine it and fix it up. Because I want to make a FE8 rebalance that isn't doing crazy things like changing the story (because like it or not, it is what it is), but instead focuses on trying to balance the characters and classes. Well there were exactly 2 people that changed their base class, but that's it.

But here is the problem... I've made a lot of changes. A LOT of changes. And apparently Lunar IPS doesn't like that, and states that it will only copy a certain amount to the patch. Now I've made several changes before, but here's the thing, I've never seen it complain like that. So does anyone else know a decent patcher outside of IPS, or is it perfectly safe as is?

2 Re: Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me. on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:29 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Find a UPS patcher like Nintenlord's:
http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=26913&page=1
UPS can handle files up to 32MB

3 Re: Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:51 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Yeah IPS patching is the stuff of the past. UPS is far superior, and I actually heard there was another less used but more secure patching type, but I forgot what it was called.

4 Re: Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Yeah I think Xeld was working with another type of patch, but UPS is probably your best bet if you want the end product to be widely accessible (probably?)

5 Re: Wait... NO... IPS... You've failed me. on Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Like nobody uses JFP.
Xeld pushed for it really hard but pretty much everyone just stuck with UPS.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum