Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Yoshi

Admin
JUST WHEN THEY THOUGHT IT WAS DONE... It happened again! They volunteered their lives away, a second time for your benefit! Fuzz has run off to do better things with his life, and instead, a young handsome Merc joins the brawl.

Round 1

Merc and Mappel vs Char
Lenh and Agro vs Magix
Aeo and Rome vs Yoshi

Current Points

Yoshi: 3
Rome: 3
Aeo: 3
Lenh: 3
Agro: 3
Magix: 3
Char: 3
Mappel: 3
Merc: 3

52 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Magix430

"Cept the problem is I never volunteered bitch

53 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:13 pm

Lenh

I involuntarily stuffed you in a coat and brought you here!

http://lenh.deviantart.com

54 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Magix430

Ooh that's hawt

55 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Yoshi

Admin
The first round began almost immediately! Mappel rushed into his room first, leaving partner, Merc, behind to question what had just happened.

Round 1

Merc/Mappel: Betray
Char: Ally
Lenh/Agro: Betray
Magix: Ally
Aeo/Rome: Ally
Yoshi: Ally

Current Points

Yoshi: 5
Rome: 5
Aeo: 5
Lenh: 6
Agro: 6
Magix: 1
Char: 1
Mappel: 6
Merc: 6

Everyone stood at the board, except for one. Merc waited for his partner to exit the room, but he never did. Mappel lay on the floor of the AB room with a broken bracelet. HE WAS DED. No one knew why, but it had been done. Char and Magix are now clinging for their lives in the NEXT ROUUUND.

Just so we're clear, once you've made a vote, you cannot change it. Even if you misread something.

56 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:22 pm

RomeAX

Can we trust those who betrayed?!

57 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:29 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Round 2

Yoshi and Agro vs Mappel
Char and Lenh vs Aeo
Magix and Rome vs Merc

Current Points

Yoshi: 5
Rome: 5
Aeo: 5
Lenh: 6
Agro: 6
Magix: 1
Char: 1
Mappel: 6
Merc: 6

Dead Mappel defaults to Ally.

58 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:32 pm

Agro

"What the hell?! Which one of you killed Mappel, huh? HUH?!" Agro looked around, confused. How had it happened? Wasn't the room completely locked? He didn't see anyone besides Mappel get inside. Had the wristband malfunctioned? Shit, he thought. It didn't even matter if they reached 0 points or not. They could still die at any given time. Someone might have even killed him. Could it have been one of the seven people in the room with him? Of course, it had to be. There wasn't anyone else in the place. Or was there...?

Suddenly, he realised Magix was staring at him, a look of dismay on his face. Agro wasn't sure why he'd picked Betray. Of course, choosing Ally made the most sense. But something drove him to pick Betray, and it wasn't just Lenh's incessant whispering that Magix had "killed people last time". When was there a last time? Now that he thought about it, something had been bugging him since the game had first begun. It was like he knew these people, yet they were complete strangers. He couldn't shake the feeling that Magix had once done something so terrible to him. That feeling that he'd been abandoned in a place like this. A door closing in front of his eyes. The powerlessness.

Lenh was smiling that vacant smile that Agro was beginning to become accustomed to. For some reason, though, it seemed as if she was happier than usual. Was it because he'd done her bidding? Did she want Magix to die in here? Agro shuddered at the thought. And then one thing ran through his mind, and it wouldn't stop. Perhaps his own actions were the cause of it. Or maybe it was the fact that these people were complete strangers, and he knew better than to trust strangers. He couldn't shake it. He wanted for it not to be true. He wanted to see the best in these people. But that round had prove that most of the people were really out for themselves. And there it was again, that one thought.

I can't trust any of these people.

59 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:52 pm

Agro

And just like that, Agro found himself in the room again. They weren't any closer to finding out who or what killed Mappel. There weren't any marks on his wrist. He wasn't bleeding. No bruises. Nothing. Except the fact that his face was twisted into some look of extreme anger. That was unfortunate for him. It was like the wind changed and his face was stuck like that. Only there wasn't any wind, and he was dead. Agro wondered if he would look like that when he was buried, too. The thought amused him in a way that also sickened him. Well, humour was his coping mechanism, he guessed.

Yoshi was standing by the console, keen to begin the polling. Or so it looked. Agro suddenly met Yoshi's eyes, and felt a strange compulsion to avert his gaze. He didn't, and it made things even more uncomfortable. Agro looked at his wristband. "6", it read. That meant he only needed another 3 points to escape. Mappel was dead and in a team of his own, so he would default to Ally. Wait a minute...

Agro looked back up at Yoshi again, who was probably reaching the same conclusion. Shit! He's not going to--

Yoshi shoved Agro to the ground. "Wait! Let's talk about thi--"

But it was too late. Yoshi had already pressed "Ally".

60 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:01 pm

Magix430

Magix was confused. When had the wristband ever read "1"? He was betrayed. He knew it. By whom? Who in god's fuck would ever betray a savior like him?

But wait... when was he a savior? He struggled to remember a memory that was ever so transient - he failed miserably, only remembering the fleeting sound of a rape-whistle.

He stared at Rome, whom he had the slightest recollection of possibly killing. Not wanting to repeat the same fate as whatever may have occurred in his past life, he tentatively pressed "Ally".

61 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Yoshi hit the ground with a thud. He looked up at Agro who went from angry, to sad in a matter of seconds. He was sure he had made the right decision. If we chose betray, he would have left us to die, I'm sure of it.

He was filled with revenge and I don't exactly know why, but I knew he would do ANYTHING to get out. Now all we had to do is play the waiting game.

62 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 pm

Agro

I'M GONNA D.O. THESE FUCKERS, Agro thought. Wait, what did D.O. mean? Deal... out...?

63 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Magix430

What the fuck is this Agro agro'ing on about, Magix thought. Oh wait.

Magix slapped a hand on Agro's shoulder with a reassuring smile. "Let's get along together."

As he turned away, he felt a blunt force against his rear. He turned around to see Agro return the smile, with a coy grin.

They then [imagination runs wild lololololol]

64 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Meanwhile Char stood in the corner with a stupid smile :D

65 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:57 pm

Yoshi

Admin
The teams stepped out of their AB rooms, ready to see what everyone voted.

Round 2

Yoshi/Agro: Ally
Mappel: Ally
Char/Lenh: Ally
Aeo: Ally
Magix/Rome: Ally
Merc: Ally

Current Points

Yoshi: 7
Rome: 7
Aeo: 7
Lenh: 8
Agro: 8
Mappel: 8
Merc: 8

Everyone looked very pleased with the results! Everyone except Agro, who had a look of anger on his face.

66 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:04 am

Mappel6

Mappel would wake up again, finding himself in a room with eight others. Was his death a dream? Nobody would know, of course. It was soon that he'd get himself up, and look at the board to find the teams...

Who were the teams? Well, we aren't at that part in the story yet. When will we get to that point in the story? Soon enough, I'm sure. So, for now...

TO BE CONTINUED.

Last edited by Mappel6 on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

67 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:16 am

Agro

"Goddamnit, Yoshi." Agro cursed. He could have easily had enough points to leave. And it wasn't like Mappel was going anywhere. Of course, he wasn't actually going to leave. He just wanted to be able to do it. He looked at Magix and Char's bracelets. They were both on 3. If they were truly going to all escape they would need to do at least another 3 rounds before anyone was leaving. And that was assuming everyone cooperated. The moment someone else reached 9 points or more they were a danger to the group. Who could trust someone who was at 9 points? In a sense, Agro was glad not to have reached it just yet. But by the same token, if someone were to open the door next round, and he was not at 9 points, he'd die in here with the rest of them.

That was the idea of the game, Agro realised. Even though in theory they could all escape, there was simply no way you could trust anyone else not to leave before they all hit 9 points. And with Mappel dead, there wasn't any guarantee that playing by the rules kept you alive. Agro pondered further on Mappel's death. It just didn't make any sense. With any sort of physical trauma ruled out, it was possible that Mappel had died through poison, or some similar means. Or maybe he'd had a heart attack, or a stroke. Perhaps he had been poisoned before the game even begun, as a means to sow the seeds of distrust amongst the players.

It was pointless to keep coming back to Mappel's death, but unavoidable, since he was still in the middle of the floor, with that same angered look about his face. It looked to have calmed down slightly, though. Perhaps I'll move the damned thing, Agro thought. It was strange to think of Mappel's body as a thing, but... wasn't that all it was? The Mappel they so briefly knew was gone. It was just a mound of flesh and bones, now. An ugly, angry mound... and it was beginning to smell. Agro had enough. He headed over to the body, and dragged it by the legs behind a crate at the end of the room. It was surprisingly light. He thought he'd heard a crack at some point while he was dragging it, but maybe it was his imagination. He could feel the gaze of the other players on him, but he didn't care. Finally, he draped a tarpauline over the body, and left it there, hopeful that they could forget about it and carry on with the game. But no one was going to forget the fact that someone died in there. No one was going to forget the fact that they weren't safe.

Agro looked up at the scoreboard, and suddenly realised that everyone had chosen "Ally". It made him even gladder that Yoshi had beaten him to the console. If he'd chosen "Betray", how would it have looked for him? Still, he couldn't help but feel resentful that they hadn't even talked about it. He sighed, and waited for the next round to begin.

68 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:25 am

Yoshi

Admin
Yoshi noticed Agro moving Mappel's corpse out of the middle of the floor. He was just thankful he wasn't the one who had to do it. When he reached the other end of the room with the body, it all came back to him. Agro, a corpse, alone... it all hit him like a ton of bricks. Where had I seen this before? Nothing seemed to make sense, but before thinking about it any further, the new teams were made.

Round 3

Merc/Aeo Vs Yoshi

Char/Magix Vs Lenh

Agro/Rome Vs Mappel

Current Points

Yoshi: 7
Rome: 7
Aeo: 7
Lenh: 8
Agro: 8
Mappel: 8
Merc: 8

69 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 am

Primefusion

Admin
Off in another private room sat Prime watching television, sipping some root beer. If someone were to peer into this room they would see that he was actually watching the events of the AB game unfold on the television...and with a look of contentment on his face at that.

Prime leaned forward and took out the freshly recorded DVD from the recording machine. He then placed a new, blank DVD in and thought, "This year's Christmas party will be a treat."

70 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:20 am

Mercenary Lord

"Heh, lol." ML sat above the room, and slightly to the side, tapping idly on the computer system in front of him. "Mappel dead, Agro angry...what a wonderful game this has been." And would continue to be. ML leaned forward in his comfortable, spinning chair, and tapped a few keys, then threw a lever. Round three had begun.

The poor folk had no idea what was going on. To be honest, neither did he. He just liked messing with them. Except Mappel had died, poor guy. Oh well. ML stood, leaving the struggling contestants to their own devices, and walked down the stairs behind him. He poked his head into the second room or the suite.

"Hey, Prime, can we get a pizza?" He didn't really wait for the answer, since he had to go back and cause problems for the people in the Game. Back to the comfy chair he went, cracking his knuckles. "I have no idea what I'm doing."

Then he started to type again.

http://www.klokreations.net

71 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:20 am

Agro

Agro looked over to his newest team mate. It was Rome, this time. Agro knew little of Rome--he seemed so ludicrously normal that Agro began to question his presence. There was obviously a reason that they had been brought here. Well, that was what he thought. Perhaps it was like Murder on the Orient Express. Maybe Mappel was that guy who got stabbed with the nine blades, and there was some dark secret that connected all of these people who appeared to be strangers. But if that were the case, wouldn't Agro himself have some sort of grudge against Mappel? For that matter, he'd have to have had a hand in his death, too. No, that was utter nonsense. Unless Agro was meant to be the detective.

But Mappel hadn't been stabbed, certainly not multiple times. He hadn't been stabbed once. He hadn't been... well, it seemed as though he'd died of completely natural causes, although this made Agro ponder what kind of natural causes a teenage boy could die from.

Agro sighed. This was ridiculous. The more he thought about Mappel's death the more he could feel his brain wrinkling, trying to make sense of it. God forbid Agro should get a wrinkle, even if it was somewhere no one could see. In fact, that would be even worse. Then no one would be able to trick him into thinking it looked fine, because they wouldn't know for sure. Agro took comfort in the fact that he still had his vanity, because to him, vanity was equivalent to sanity.

With three more rounds to go, it wasn't like they were going anywhere soon. That was, of course, if no one decided to open the door sooner. With that amount of time, surely Agro would be able to get to know at least some of these people. Maybe he could even make sense of it. But first, he would confer with Rome about what they should choose next.

"Hey, Rome." he said. Some sense of awkwardness was hanging around in the air. They'd barely talked before, if at all.

"Yeah?" Rome responded.

"So, what do you wanna do? Ally, or Betray?"

Rome looked up at him, and chuckled. "There's nothing I can do now, anyway." He pointed to his bracelet. A monochromatic "7" glowed against the blackness of the screen. "Mappel's dead, so he defaults to Ally. Whichever we pick, we both end up on 9, or more."

"Oh." Agro mumbled. He hadn't realised that, even though he'd been mulling over Mappel's death for the past ten minutes.

Rome spoke again. "Honestly, I was going to try and keep you from getting to 9 points, but with the situation we're in, you get there either way."

Agro was confused. "Hang on, why would you want to do that?"

"It's obvious, isn't it?" Rome was almost talking down to Agro, now. "If you get to 9 points, you can walk. The door only opens once. If you walk, and no one else does, we're trapped in here."

Agro's confusion quickly turned to disdain. "Hey man, what's that supposed to mean? You really think I'd just leave all of you here to die?"

Rome laughed. "It doesn't matter what I think, only what actually happens. You picked betray the first time round, so you're obviously not out to help anyone but yourself, and maybe Lenh."

Agro stepped towards him. "It wasn't... Wait, we're not in, uh, cahoots, or anything. And it wasn't me who wanted to Betray Magix."

"Sure, just pass the buck to the cute girl. That always works."

"I'm not fucking around with you, man. That girl is crazy."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Alright, get this. When I was in the AB room, we tried to talk about it. And I swear, I was going to hit Ally. I mean that's the logical choice, because it helps all of us, right?"

Rome nodded. Even Agro knew he couldn't disagree with that. He continued. "But this is where it gets weird. She just kept on saying that Magix had killed people last time."

Rome's eyes widened ever so slightly. Now he was interested. "The hell's that supposed to mean?"

Agro shrugged. "Fuck if I know, man. What's even weirder is that I... I felt like I could agree with her. It was like, in the back of my mind, I knew that Magix had done something really terrible to me in the past, and I just got really angry, and... Next thing I knew, I'd pressed Betray."

Rome's curiousity was no longer piqued. Now he was just cautious. "... Sure, whatever you say."

It dawned on Agro, at that moment, how crazy he sounded. "Ah... shit. Just... forget what I said, alright? I'm here to talk about it this time."

Rome nodded. Agro was relieved that he was so willing to forget. Or at least, he made it seem like he was. Rome would have been the kind of guy who would lie to me to tell me I don't have a brain wrinkle, Agro thought. Perhaps they'd trusted each other at some point, in another life. Not that he believed in reincarnation or anything, he just meant it as an expression. "So, back to our little convict dilemma. What do we choose?"

Rome sighed. "Like I said, it doesn't matter. Both you and I reach 9 points anyway."

"Then we may as well betray, right?"

"Would you betray a dead friend?"

Rome's question rang within Agro's mind. He was taken aback somewhat at it. Could you even call it a betrayal if they were dead? It wasn't like Mappel was going to lose anything by being betrayed. So who had something to lose? Agro did. So did Rome. It looked bad, Agro realised, if they betrayed the dead guy. And there were others who might reach 9 points after this, too. What if Agro had caused them not to trust each other, and one of them decided to open the door and leave? And, of course, if Agro ended up alone in the next round, then whoever he was paired with would obviously choose Betray out of self-defense.

This mattered even less than how Mappel died. It was a waste of time to think in pure hypotheticals. Best to make the most practical decision now, and justify the means later.

Rome spoke up once again. "Just so you know, I plan on staying if no one else leaves."

That was something of a relief to Agro, though he had his doubts about the truth of it. "Look, I'm staying with Betray. I mean, that was we get more points, and if someone tries to screw us over after this, then we've still got some in reserve, yeah?"

Rome closed his eyes. Whether it was a gesture of defeat, amazement or exhaustion, Agro would never know. "Then betray it is."

That settled that.

But Rome's question had planted a growing weed of a thought inside Agro's mind. Could he betray a dead friend? Mappel had absolutely nothing to lose by being betrayed--he was dead, after all.

He was dead, wasn't he?

Some morbid sense of curiousity took over Agro as he slowly made his way back over to the tarpauline beside the crate. The one responsible for concealing Mappel's corpse. As he approached it, Agro noticed that something was very, very off. His mind began racing. He was imagining things, wasn't he? Just the produce of an overactive mind. Another brain wrinkle. He was thinking too much. His mind was playing tricks on him. But he couldn't deny what he was seeing. Or rather, what he wasn't seeing, because...

Agro lifted the tarp.

Mappel's body was gone.

72 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:11 pm

Primefusion

Admin
"Hey, Prime, can we get a pizza?"
Yeah, sure.
...This became a RP rather than a forum game pretty fast.
Though I do enjoy Agro's posts immensely.

73 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:43 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I like how this is a better RP than Rin's competition would probably be.

74 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:29 pm

Mercenary Lord

I am the overlord. Prime is the other, more bored overlord. Together, we will rule, with pizza in hand.

Whee

Klokinator wrote:I like how this is a better RP than Rin's competition would probably be.
probably

http://www.klokreations.net

75 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:12 pm

Lenh

Lenh debates her next choice.

http://lenh.deviantart.com

76 Re: Virtue's Last Reward: AB Game on Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Charlotte

Chick
You should ally.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]