Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello there

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:28 am

Retro

Hey guys- I'm Retro.  If you are familiar with the DeviantArt spriting Community, you may know me as RetroMafioso- or a very, very long time ago- PotatoSkinta on youtube.  Anyways, I've been around the internet a long time.  I used to make oh,so- terrible, custom sprites for mugen makers back in the day.  I'd like to think i started maybe 3-4 years ago.  
Before i went into Mugen spriting, i dabbled with a few Fire Emblem Sprites.  I wanted to try and make my own hack, and well- I was young and stupid, so it didn't come to be.

Or on serene's - SogiTai.

This said, I'm still stupid, but I have shifted my attention to only these FE Sprites (pixel art-wise).  So basically I've been dabbling with the Events, the programs, and the fe styled sprites.  My portraits need a long way to go, and hell even my sprites do, but I think I can make some decent Battle/map sprite work here and there.  

This said, I recently had to shift over to a macbook, and well, most of those hacking programs don't work for me anymore.  I believe I can pretty much   use nightmare and FEditor.  But EventAssembler is a no go for me.  Also, I can't seem to find any Dissasemblers for the Macbook.  So that brought to my attention maybe FEDE or FEXP offers stuff for the Macbook?

Well, I have come....bearing questions (This guy <------- ._.)  
Can I download anyDebugger or Disassembler for vba or boycott advance on the macbook?
Are the programs discussed here allowed for Mac
Does anyone want a little sprite work made for their project while I'm on hacking hiatus?

2 Re: Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Neither FEXP or FEXNA is natively supported on mac, as far as I know. So a bit SOLon that one. aybe you shouldn't have bought a shitty mac XD

There's only one or two members here with macs, and neither of them are hackers so I would not know if those programs exist or not. Anyway, welcome to the forums '3'

3 Re: Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:54 pm

Retro

It was for a student discount :v Sorry!!

Thanks! I'll have to keep looking.

4 Re: Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Retro wrote:
Or on serene's - SogiTai.

Oooh the guy with the cool battle sprites that aren't really FE styled.

Glad to see another spriter on the board.

5 Re: Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:00 pm

Mew

Chick
I am one of said Mac users that has recently dumped my Mac for better terrain

that said, yeah I never had any success with hacking on my Mac. You could give boot camp (or maybe Wine) a shot if you're desperate D:

http://www.margosikes.com

6 Re: Hello there on Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:13 pm

Retro

Yoshi wrote:
Oooh the guy with the cool battle sprites that aren't really FE styled.

Glad to see another spriter on the board.
Haha, yup.  Unfortunately that's me.  
Are there any projects looking for help?  I can probably make out at least a couple decent frames or a custom skeleton to follow.

Mew wrote:
that said, yeah I never had any success with hacking on my Mac. You could give boot camp (or maybe Wine) a shot if you're desperate D:
Yea, unfortunately wine doesn't work as well as most people would hope it to.
Basically I'm just looking for a disassembler or a debugger at this point, because that should help me out with my studying of the game (my main reason for looking into the romhacking)

And unfortunately everything on google keeps sending me to those stupid download installer webs that usually mess up your computer.

7 Re: Hello there on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:56 pm

Klokinator

Admin
My two favorite projects on this site are Death or Glory and The Road to Ruin. DoG is the one that really is in need of spriters, maybe ask nyz if he wants help? Very Happy

Normally I'd snap you up for myself but I'm just not into making games right now :/

8 Re: Hello there on Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 pm

Retro

aH, i've seen DoG before. Should i contact him here or on youtube?
Some people aren't very active on Certain forums, and others not very much on youtube.

Thats fine xP I still fiddle with my own romhackign whenever I get acces to a windows pc. I do view the hex on my mac from time to time as well. But otherwise the mac is my spriting/3d modelling experimentation comp.

But there's no worries if there aren't too many things to help out; I have plenty projects in mind to make. :B

9 Re: Hello there on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:09 pm

Lenh

Oh hello Retro! Good to see you're still around~

(What's TESS like?)

http://lenh.deviantart.com

10 Re: Hello there on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:23 pm

Magix430

Hello Retro! I'm a random composer guy. Who degrades himself at each consecutive post on introduction threads

11 Re: Hello there on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:45 pm

HI. WE HAVE SALT.

........... YUM.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum