Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

A lot of questions about fexp :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A lot of questions about fexp :D on Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Final-Z

1- In combat, will the rng do double calculation for hit rates? I mean, as described here, which is identical to the GBA series and maybe after-> http://serenesforest.net/general/truehit.html

2- Let's say I want to create another tileset for my game. Where should I start looking? Can I create it based on a simple screenshot, how does the thing work? Many interrogations here :/

3- In Fexp, the battler's animation is determined by the actor's equipped weapon. Is it possible to make it based on the enemy weapon? (mandatory for my game, the emblem is based on that)

4- I tried to create another class, basically it's a renamed mercenary that can use bows (no animation yet, of course) I linked every parameter I could find so that it is almost finished, but I have two problems so far:

-The character with this class has no footstep sound.
-There is no sword animation. It is linked correctly in the scripts, the battle screen open, but the merc. just stand still, not moving, and suddenly the enemy receives damage. Funny, but 0% professionnal :/

I think that is all for now. I have tested everything said up here and tried to find solution on my own, but I am now forced to ask here as a last resort :/
Thanks for reading! ^^

2 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:04 pm

Charlotte

Chick
1-Yeah, it has a 2-RN system, but do a search in the scripts for "rng" and it shouldn't be tooooo hard to find how to change this.

2-MAKING a tileset is very, very hard; it's much easier to just edit an existing tileset manually (Game>Graphics>Tilesets) The filename_16 is the tileset used in-game, so just paste your alternate graphics over the existing tiles there. Then copy that image, resize it to 200%, and paste it in the plain 'ol tileset image, which is what you use in the map editor.

3-Of course it's possible, but reasonable? That kinda depends, will this be the case for every unit or just one? And will it still be based on the attacker's weapon, too?

4-Hmm this one's hard to say much about when I don't have FEXP on me... What all are the scripts you changed to get the battle animation working? And I think footstep sounds must be in another script entirely, maybe in Tile Data or something...

3 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:09 am

Final-Z

Hey, thanks for the quick answer Very Happy

1- Didn't even realized there was a search option in the script. Stupid me :/

2- If it's that hard, maybe I'll just use those which are already in Fexp... It looks too time consuming to be worth it, sadly :/

3- It's for the main character only, with a specific weapon. (The Lifebane blade) the weapon will have it's own type and weapon level, and will be good against all non-ranged physical weapons. Such a strength will be counterbalanced by a fixed loss of Hp whenever the wielder's hit someone (maybe 3-5hp, nothing's decided yet)

4- I edited the script that determines which animation to use according to the equipped weapon, and copied/pasted every mercenary files in the graphic folder under the name merc. at their corresponding positions. Maybe it's an animation timing thing I missed?

4 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:29 am

Klokinator

Admin
Use CTRL+Shift+F and that will search every portion of every script for whatever term you want. Super useful for finding editable thingies.

5 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:43 pm

Final-Z

Hey hey hey! Guess who has fresh new questions for you guys! Very Happy

1. Could you point me out how to create a brand new skill? I already guessed how to create the activation %, but then it's so simple... I want to do some coding myself, not just changing variables, so I think it's both a good start and a necessary part if I want my game to be Fe4 like (pursuit, continue, critical being a skill, etc)

2.In a pre-battle scene, is it possible to destroy villages / create pre-determined battles? (As an exemple, Cecilia vs Zephiel) Because I need both for my first and second chapter of my project...

3. I forgot my third question, so I'll just ask something stupid instead. Do you like potatoes? ( I would definitely marry one) (no, i'm not serious) (but potatoes are still awesome)

6 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:58 am

Charlotte

Chick
Uh okay so you want to make a new skill, you never specified if it's activation, passive, command, or anything XD

I'm pretty sure village destruction can at least be faked by having your opening scene take place on multiple maps that are exactly the same, but one of them has this village destroyed, and one of them has two villages destroyed, etc. Then when a unit runs over the village in the scene, change maps to the one with the destroyed village and it should look like they're responsible.

7 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:47 pm

Klokinator

Admin
2.In a pre-battle scene, is it possible to destroy villages / create pre-determined battles? (As an exemple, Cecilia vs Zephiel) Because I need both for my first and second chapter of my project...
Most likely no for both of those. Especially the rigging battle thing, that was never finished, though RiskyPLUS got it to work once.

8 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:59 pm

Final-Z

Oh, I always forget important things. -><-
I have many things in mind, but since having pursuit / continue / charge is a priority, I'd go for the activation skills ^^

And about that map changing idea, I'm already doing it to make a character leave the map. the character goes to the edge of the map, the camera goes elsewhere so that we won't see it, then it changes after a discussion. smooth!

So, that's a nice idea, it works well even without the ''village destroyed'' notice. Very Happy

9 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:29 pm

Final-Z

After procrastinating for ermm.. 2 weeks or so, I finally tried to fake the village destruction thing aaaaand it crashes.

I don't know if any of the following will be useful towards finding a workaround, but weeeeelll...
Here's what the script does:

event = $game_map.events[11]
event.move_to(5, 14)

*Event 11 is a bandit, location 5, 14 is a village*

wait for move's completion
Transfer player :(018: MoTGI SCENE 2), (005,014)

Play SE: ''Village_Destroyed'' 80, 100
wait 100 frames
Fade out BGM: 2 sec

Transfer player :(006: MoTGI BATTLE), (011,007)

it crashes at the ''wait 100 frames'' line, and then there's an error message saying this:
Script 'Game_Event(Visit/Chest)' line 171: NoMethodError Occured.

here's that line 171:

area_vals = list[0].parameters[0].split('|')[0].split(', ')

I never modified the Game_Event(Visit1Chest script, and line 171 is 100% Chinese for me. Also, when the map MoTGI SCENE 2 appears, there is no unit on the map, but the boss icon is still flashing.

Of course I tried to fix this myself, but facing my failures, i thought it would be a nice idea to ask for help (again) rather than further breaking my game. meh :/

And about the skills... I looked around for a similar skill that I could just borrow the code and try to make it work somehow, but I had no luck so far. wish me luck? -><-

10 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:24 am

Klokinator

Admin
I tried having villages get destroyed way back in Generic War but that never really worked out. Aside from that, idk it's been too long.

11 Re: A lot of questions about fexp :D on Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:02 pm

Final-Z

Arrfff, too bad :/
I guess I'll just continue my work on the story. there's not much else to do right now, yes? ^^

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum