Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your favorite Video Games/VG Franchises and why?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RomeAX

I haven't made a thread in a long time.

ITT: we talk about your favorite video games and/or Video Game franchises and why they became our favorites. Share whatever you want to say about them; when was the first time you played this game/series? why do you think it's so great? what made you fall in love with it? what are your best memories/experiences from the game? say it all. Also, lets try to not shit on other's favorite games, everyone has a different taste and that's ok. I will begin:

1. Final Fantasy Series:
Final Fantasy sits at the top not because I think it's "lolol the greatest franchise evur!!" but because of personal reasons, to keep it short, FF games usually came out when I was going through the worst moments in life. Video games provided me (and still do) with a door to escape reality and FF supplied me with the greatest worlds to escape to. I don't remember which Final Fantasy was the first I played, but the first to get me into the series was FFVI, it's still my favorite of all the FF games and at the top 5 of my favorite games of all time.

I was around 5 or 6 years old when I first played it, and even though I didn't understand most of the shit that was going down because "I didn't english very good" I remember hating Kefka with all my guts and wanted to kick his ass so baaaad. Sadly, I never got to finish the original SNES game because I got stuck somewhere I can't remember. When I was 8, things were not so good at home but my parents still managed to get me FFVII, now that I'm older I realize their effort and how hard it was for them.

FFVII was the icing on the cake, this was the first game I played through a thousand times doing different challenges so I could beat the game differently every time. The first time I was really pissed when Sephiroth killed Aeris because she was my main healer. I wasn't sad, I was fucking pissed. Then came FFVIII when I was 9, sadly I have never beaten this one because the third disc was badly scratched. And so on with the others.

Also, this might sound silly but I actually owe my life to SquareEnix and Final Fantasy Versus XIII (now FFXV), but that's a story I don't want to talk about at the moment.

2. Grand Theft Auto:
Something you might not know is that I really love gangs and mafia stories. Chinese triads, Yakuzas, Italian Mob, Grove Street Gangstas, Colombian Cartels, throw it all at me because I fucking love these kind of stories and GTA is one of the few who can have them all and still be able to tell an awesome story while letting you run around a city doing whatever you want. You wouldn't know how much time I spent on III, Vice City and San Andreas getting that 100% completion on the Stats screen.

3. Uncharted Series:
To me, one of the best series of this generation. The first game is not that great game-play wise, it's pretty generic, Naughty Dogs first attempt at a realistic adventure/shooter. But where this game keeps you going is on its awesome story and the music is pretty fucking awesome too. Then we go to Uncharted 2, my favorite in the series so far. It improved the gameplay, kept the awesome story-telling and character's interactions, the humor and its awesome music. It has some epic moments that make you go "holy shit!". Overall this is my favorite game this generation and you fuckers are missing it out if you haven't tried it.

Even though Uncharted 2 is my favorite, it doesn't make the third game any less awesome. And I believe this one has the best music of them all but it doesn't make the others' music any less awesome neither. Uncharted Golden Abyss on the Vita had a solid story and great lol moments, also the music is pretty badass too. My love for these series comes from their awesome story, music and characters. Drake and Sully's conversations on all three games are gold and they never fail to make you laugh even when you're running away from a goddamn army.

4. WWE games:
Yeah this might sound funny, but what I love from these games is the high customization, you do not only create your own wrestlers; you can create your own titles, create your own weekly shows, fill it with your created wrestlers and have your own storylines, alliances and rivalries. Also, with the Universe mode the game gives you cutscenes, so you can sit back and watch Yoshi feud with Klokinator and get cutscenes of Klok attacking Yoshi backstage or watch Yoshi distract and cost Klok a match with a shitty wrestler. And yes, I fucking love wrestling, I know it's a bunch of semi-naked dudes pretending to fight, I know it's scripted and staged but IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMMIT!

I have more but I feel like I already wrote too much. So maybe I'll make a post later with more to add on. I will talk about individual games too.

Klokinator

Admin
All I got from this post is that you love watching half naked versions of yoshi and me rub our grubby hands all over each other's bodies.

Gay.

My favorite gaming series... that's an interesting question. Aside from the blatantly obvious glaring FIRE EMBLEM, I also love Megaman, especially MM7 and the MMX1-6 games, those hold lots of childhood memories for me. I'm a big fan of Zelda games, and many other Nintendo titles, since I'm a fairly casual gamer. For non-nintendo though, I'ma go with Baldur's Gate games, though specifically the newer action oriented ones rather than the slow paced D&D styled original games. I dig yugioh titles, I love playing games with heavy emphasis on strategy and risk/reward, and uh pretty much any racing game that has guns or explosions, like Burnout or Micro Machines Microdome.

Magix430

I. Halo

I've always had a knack for first person shooters and kept playing all the games up until Halo 4 (which i haven't just yet, but don't plan on it because I kinda fell out of the heat). The general concept of all the sci-fi FPS and graphic evolution just always somehow got in my head, and I was impressed at the new landscape features that Halo 3 through Halo 4 (ODST and Reach included) displayed.

It also served as a reference for drawing military armor and specs for some of the characters in my own Enigma world, as well as some ideas for weapon/gun types that could be used as well (plasma, laser...etc). The soundtracks and BGM used for the game are also fully orchestrated, which impressed me in my later years, and helped serve as a reference as well for battle music (though TSFH is still my god and holy savior)

II. Call of Duty

I don't know. As I said before, I like FPS's. The story was stupid and predictable. The gaming is the same as usual. The gameplay deteriorated over time as weapons became unbalanced and overpowered. The killstreaks stayed the same until Black Ops 2 where they became unfathomably annoying.

But I just love the multiplayer and the fun it brings to a lot of friends playing together. Because in the end, that's all that matters - that you have fun.

III. Zenonia

This is an Android/iPhone/iPad RPG Action Hack and Slash game. So far there are 5 games in the franchise and it's still going. It's sort of becoming a freemium game, where you get the game for free but to get stronger (and beat the game even, in 4 & 5) you have to buy these "Zen Points" to get more "perks and skills" and give you "avatars" that "boost" your character.

But the story is impressive, the gaming is immersive, the action might get a bit boring over time but the enemies have several different animations and attacks to hit you with and the AI is improving. It's pretty fun. Check it out if you can.

Yoshi

Admin
Klokinator wrote:All I got from this post is that you love watching half naked versions of yoshi and me rub our grubby hands all over each other's bodies.

Gay.

u liek it 2.

Almost Anything Mario Related
Whether it's the classic side scrolling platformer, the newer ones, or the cheesy knock off games such as Kart, Party, Tennis, Super Smash, etc. I love dem. c:

Tales of Series
Tales of Symphonia is my most favorite game ever, so I recently got Abyss on the 3DS to further expand on the series. I have ToS 2 also, but that was a bit of a let down compared to the first one. I have to say though, the battle system, the plot, the characters, all are so iconic and amazing, it's hard not to say it's one of my most favorite series evar.

Then there's always Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, The Sims, and other random RPGs, but, ya know.

Klokinator

Admin
Yeah I have to admit, mario really is the best. Especially MARIO PAINT!

Where's my Mario Paint 2 mother fuckers.

RomeAX

@Yoshi: I really must give the Tales of series a try. They seem to be porting them to PS3 a lot lately, like Tales of Grace F and Tales of Vesperia which were released last year in HD. And the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles next year.

@Magix: CoD gets a lot of shit (especially from people who have never played a single game and their opinion comes from what the internet feeds them) but no one can deny that it's one of the best when it comes to playing with friends. A full party of people you know will keep you playing for hours.

Also MW1 and MW2 had a fun story and epic moments, like the first time they use the nuke on MW1 and MW2 with the "No Russian" part and the No Loose Ends chapter.

Joshuageorpe

I - Castlevania
An epic game released by Konami combining both RPG and exploration in one game, most favorite series released is Aria of Sorrow. Castlevania has various timelines and all points to Dracula's castle and Dracula himself. Most characters are Belmont bloodline where they all wield the "Vampire Killer" which is a whip used to defeat hordes of monsters serving Dracula and the Dark Lord.

II - Gran Turismo
Truly the most best car simulator and racing game ever released on consoles. Played only the GT2 and GT1 ever since I was 4 years old but the only thing that sucks in this game is it is only for the Playstation platforms. Most favorite car is Escudo, still the most sharpest edge until the 4th release.

III - Resident Evil
First game released on the Sony PS1 console. Unlike Castlevania, it is not RPG but still has the puzzle and exploration genre. But the most disappointing is the more game it releases, the more the suspense, gore and scary scenerios or events disperses out of the box. Most favorite character is Leon S. Kennedy, most favorite series released is RE4 and RETDC and most favorite boss is Nemesis.

IV - Motorhead
An infamous racing game with unique car designs, great physic engine, epic techno-rock BGM and good AI which makes it one of the most best game released for PS1 only... too bad. Sad

Klokinator

Admin
Midnight Club was a series that I actually preferred to GT, because I like the sheer feeling of speed as I race down the streets and Motorcycles feel exhilarating to race. Pulling back a wheelie right as you ram into a car to shoot yourself over it is also super amazing, though I won't lie, MC2 was an awful cartoony mess that should never have existed. Thank god MC3 got back to its roots and improved on the core gameplay of MC1.

Magix430

I loved Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition, mainly because of this one car called the Chevrolet 4-12 that had stats that, if upgraded, could go off the charts in all three categories...and the paint jobs...and the collections... it was all fabulous.

Anything from the Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and Sonic franchises I like.
I've also really, really enjoyed some of the more abstract titles, like The World Ends With You and the SMT Persona games.

FPS is a genre I actually used to hate, but I've started to enjoy Halo, Battlefield, and any zombie killing game, like RE, L4D, and Killing Floor.

Primefusion

Admin
I will never understand the zombie fad. There is zero for me to like about zombies.
I also dislike most FPS games (Exception: Metroid).

Oh this is about stuff we like.
Uh
The franchise I've played the most games of is Pokemon and after that FE. I also like LoZ. Recently I've been playing a lot of Civ 5.
I'm weird in that there isn't really any single game I love. Just a lot of games I prefer.

The Jak games are still where it's at, though.

Minecraft, Terraria, Don't Starve, and Project Zomboid are also pretty good.

Mew

Chick
1. Suikoden:
Suikoden II was my first RPG ever, and I think it was a really lucky thing that my dad happened upon it and thought, hey, this is anime art, Margo likes that, let me buy this for that sole reason. It's a really incredible game with a political story that isn't focused on emo dudes or bland romance. The first game, III and V were games I played subsequently and enjoyed nearly as much--and I've also actually beat them, or nearly so, which is unusual for me. I'm sort of a quitter when it comes to RPGs XD

2. Shin Megami Tensei:
SMTII was my first, I don't remember how I ever even found out about it but I was completely obsessed in high school. Bought every SMT game I could get my hands on, so I've got most of the PS2 ones right now. They're notable in that they're hard and I haven't really beat any of them except DDS but they do hold a special place in my heart. I feel that they've influenced my life a lot as well as my art.

3. Disgaea:
So with these games I'd always enjoyed SRPGs (Fire Emblem/Advance Wars) before that, but then I got the first Disgaea and man, between the humor, art, and game mechanics, I was hooked. I really love this series and it's always very hard for me to understand how anyone could play them and not feel the same.

4. Silent Hill:
This one is a bit harder to put on my list here, but in terms of influence on my life the first four Silent Hill games were pretty major. The problem with this series is that the new games are pretty inconsistent in quality and basically are butts, but I'll defend the early games til the end. I love them soo much, and if I had to pick between these four series I'd probably go with this one as my actual favorite because I like the survival horror genre quite a bit.

I can come up with more tho but this is pretty wordy so, just a list. Crash Bandicoot, God of War, Warcraft, Guilty Gear.

Also Yoshi didn't mention Tekken?!

http://www.margosikes.com

RomeAX

Mew wrote:
3. Disgaea:
So with these games I'd always enjoyed SRPGs (Fire Emblem/Advance Wars) before that, but then I got the first Disgaea and man, between the humor, art, and game mechanics, I was hooked. I really love this series and it's always very hard for me to understand how anyone could play them and not feel the same.

Yeah, Disgaea should be next on my list. I left it out because I can't explain why I love it so much, it's just... so much fun, really... just that. Unlimited fun lol. It doesn't take itself seriously but it can still give you an interesting story.

There's no topping Laharl and Etna yet though. Followed my Mr. Champloo from 3 (didn't like using him in battle though).

Mew

Chick
Omg I loved Mr. Champloo. Buuut I actually love Desco and Fuka ;w; Nearly as much as Laharl and Etna~

http://www.margosikes.com

RomeAX

I haven't gotten that far on 4. I played 3 so much on PS3 and then the Vita that I lost motivation lol.

But you're right Desco is cool, she is like the only little girl in an anime(or anime-style game) that I don't find annoying.

Mercenary Lord

Kingdom Hearts, Assassin's Creed, Uncharted 3, Star Wars Battlefront 2, Bastion, Magic Pengel/Graffiti Kingdom, The World Ends With You, Fire Emblem...

WARFRAME. MOTHATRUCKIN' WARFRAME.

Third person shooter which has kept me entertained for hours upon hours. I don't know how it does it, but I just can't stop playing. It's so fun.

http://www.klokreations.net

Klokinator

Admin
Battlefront 1, in my opinion, was preferable to 2. Sure it didn't have completely broken game destroying jedi and sith, but the aiming system and jetpacks were easier to use and the classes felt really unique. I liked Dark Trooper's double jump in the second game but I still preferred the jetpacks in the first game.

Yoshi

Admin
Mew wrote:
Also Yoshi didn't mention Tekken?!

Whoops. And I forgot about Suikoden too. :I I'm a bad persoooon.

Tekken
Easily my favorite fighting game. I love all of the characters, and the play style and I'm fricken obsessed. I also love the music a lot. c:

Mercenary Lord

But Klok BF1 didn't have the Mos Eisly Showdown of Hero/Villain doom...

http://www.klokreations.net

Magix430

I can't get Warframe because fucking admin privileges.
I also don't know half the games you guys speak of because I wanted to try it but fucking admin privileges.
The only thing preventing me from hoarding video games is fucking admin privileges.
The only thing keeping me from fitting into society just that little bit better is fucking admin privileges.

Also, I liked the SWBF franchise. I always played on a modded server that had Hero/Villain clashes and even different classes with different weapons. There was a street fighter based one once and you could literally just beat people up to win. So fun back in the day.

I liked the Mario series. Liked being past tense since I played (and somehow managed to beat) Kaizo Mario. The original, not some random ROMHack named the same way. It took me a couple months. I hated it.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum