Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riku's Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Riku's Questions on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:28 am

RikuTheHedgehog

Hello everybody, I am new on this Forum, I discovered this thing of FEXP, which is very interesting. I have my questions about it too, I have a lot to learn. I'll list the questions to not come with one by one (If they were already answered, forgive my mistake):

1.- Can you put a specific Music for each Unit from your team? Like Naesala from Radiant Dawn (Wheeling Corby) or Oliver (Beauty is a Mad Mistress)
2.- Same question goes for the bosses, How do you put a "Boss Battle" for each one? I mean, I have 2 bosses but I want that each other have a different boss battle, Is that possible?
3.- I'm making a character named Koga, he is an Sniper, then he will become 3rd class which name I dont remember. I know this doesn't have to go with FEXP (I'm such an idiot) But how do I do a dodge frame? (The sprites, obviulsy, would be credited)
4.- How do you make reinforcements come to the scene? Like: Units, Allys (Green Units) and Enemies.
5.- How can you make Units (Like the actor for example) Talk to an Enemy Unit, and this enemy unit don't attack the Ally Unit? Like FE6 Milady with Gale
6.- Is there any possible ways to do a "Defend for 6 Turns"? I have planned on doing a project which this one would be included, if there's not, sadly but I may change things xD.
7.- How does the Supports work? I mean, Koga is my cousin (He is, really) And we have A Support, with specific stats. How does the Support Work exactly?
8.- How do you do a Battle Talk between the Actor (Eliwood for example) with a Specific Boss?
9.- How can you put a different Game Over Theme with a Death Quote? Like: *BUM* Death Quote (While music plays until the end): "Uagh... I failed..." *Banishing* Game over (And the music still plays)

I think I have more questions about the FEXP, but I should think about them. Forgive me about my bad english, I'm from Chile. Sorry to do this stupid questions. I don't know if they're some questions that I don't have to do. But I really want that this questions be answered. I'll wait with patience the answers. Good Forum by the way. Have a Good Day.

2 Re: Riku's Questions on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:17 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Dat red text, so hard to look at '>.>

1. Yes, though I don't recall the exact method. I'll get back to you on that on monday. It's really simple though, and it involves a line in the Config event on every Battle map.
2. Same deal as the above.
3. Dodge frames go in the "Battler" folder, follow the naming conventions established in that folder and the Animations folder. Scriopting for dodges go in the Battlers script.
4. Not sure what this means. Do you mean spawning units? Having units walk around?
5. Never played FE6 but uh... If you mean how to make a recruit event, just examine the one Yeti put in his FEXP release. It's the indoor map one, the events are bunched together at the top middle of the map.
6. Defend missions are doable in FEXP but the counter doesn't exist so the player won't know how many turns are left before the chapter ends.
7. Supports don't work in FEXP. Well you can set supports manually but I'm not on my pc, so again you'll have to wait until monday for more elaboration on this. Searching this board should find you an answer to this though.
8. There used to be an easy way to do this but when Yeti made changes to how these were coded in FEXP 1.0.1, I couldn't figure them out anymore. RiskyPLUS on this forum knows but I don't think he comes here anymore Sad
9. Yeah. Go to your System tab in RMXP's database and you can change varuious musics there, such as but not limited to the game over and title BGM's.

3 Re: Riku's Questions on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:08 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Klokinator wrote:4. Not sure what this means. Do you mean spawning units? Having units walk around?
5. Never played FE6 but uh... If you mean how to make a recruit event, just examine the one Yeti put in his FEXP release. It's the indoor map one, the events are bunched together at the top middle of the map.
9. Yeah. Go to your System tab in RMXP's database and you can change varuious musics there, such as but not limited to the game over and title BGM's.

4.- I mean when Enemies appears as a reinforcement, like the Test Map 2 of Yeti's. If you go through down, a Sub Boss appears (with 2 more units) Now my question is: Can you do the same with Units and Ally Units (Green Units)? If so... How? It would be amazing that they come spawn with a Quote. It can, right?

5.- *SPOILER ALERT*

Scene from the FE6, the Enemy Units won't attack. But at a same (weird) time, your unit can talk to an enemy like it is shown in the video. Now, Is this possible to make in FEXP?

9.- And what about the death quote? How do I Put one?

Thanks a lot Klokinator, if I have more questions (and I guess I have) I'll ask here. Thank you very much.

Have a Good Day

4 Re: Riku's Questions on Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:26 pm

Klokinator

Admin
FEXP's being phased out in a few months for FEXNA so I haven't touched it since months before Yeti's FEXNA beta started. I'm pretty foggy on nearly everything about it, in general.

4. Yeah, you can do it. Will have to wait for monday for me to remember how though.
5. Set AI to don't attack, and make a talk event?
9. You can assign Death Quotes in one of the Configuration scripts in FEXP. I think my super FEXP release also had some on-map death quotes (you usually only use those to override the ones in the Configuration section) but don't quote me on the Super FEXP thing. It was a pretty lackluster and shameful release.

5 Re: Riku's Questions on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:20 am

natat

To answer question 8

In the event box;

$game_map.add_battle_talk(@event_id)
Comment: The Actor IDS (example 1, 2)
Comment: \f[1|Bob] \f[6|Ben] (Swap Bob and Ben for the names of your characters)
Comment\s[6]Blah Blah Blah|
            \s[1]Blah Blah\n
            Blah| (Basically, text goes here, you can use multiple comment boxes for this if it won't fit.)

Erase Event

In Options: Move and through
Trigger: Parralel

I think this made an error the first time I did this, if that happens, let me know, I'll send the way to fix it. (I can't remember off the top of my head, but I found it through forum searching.

Edit: Found the fix

In the script 'Fire Emblem General' on line 1981
def add_talk_process(id, evented)
should be
def add_talk_process(id, evented = false)

Hope that helps.

6 Re: Riku's Questions on Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:31 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Thanks a lot Natat =). Now another question has come to my mind:

Can a boss do a normal battle quote with no specific character? Like... A Healer and a boss: This boss says "I'm the strongest man in the world, you can't beat me!" Something like that, It's the same?

7 Re: Riku's Questions on Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:11 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Yeah you can set it to BOSSID, 0

That should make it so any character will have the quote. If you set a quote for an individual character though, they'll always use that quote instead.

8 Re: Riku's Questions on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 am

natat

For a battle quote to any character (other than the ones he has a special quote with), only put 1 Actor ID in the comment where you otherwise put 2. The quote will play once when fighting a character without a special boss convo.

Other than that, it's the same as normal.

9 Missing Questions on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:53 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

So there's a few questions to answer, and I think I got new ones:

1.- Can you put a specific Music for each Unit from your team? Like Naesala from Radiant Dawn (Wheeling Corby) or Oliver (Beauty is a Mad Mistress)
2.- Same question goes for the bosses, How do you put a "Boss Battle" for each one? I mean, I have 2 bosses but I want that each other have a different boss battle, Is that possible?
4.- How do you make reinforcements come to the scene? Like the TestMap2 of Yeti's. If you go down, a Sub boss appears with 2 more units. Can you do the same with Units and Green Units (Allies)? If so... how? And with a quote? (Sorry for Long question ;_Wink
6.- Is there any possible ways to do a "Defend for 6 Turns"? I have planned on doing a project which this one would be included, if there's not, sadly but I may change things xD.
7.- How can you set Supports?
NEW 8.- How do you do a normal talk between Units?
NEW 9.- How can you make an event talk? Like the Ragefest Map of Markyjoe, Every Turn, that Nazi guy (which name I don't remember) was talking about things, I don't know if Klok remember this. Anyway, How do you do that?
NEW 10.- How do you do Chapter introductions and End Chapter? I mean, Make events on the introduction, and transport the Actor to the other Chapter?

Sorry for this questions but I really want that a Project called "Fire Emblem Clash of Two Countries" (I guess I'll change name later) be released, and with this program is more easier (I'm not sure) than using the GBA Tools.

Have a Good Day everyone.

10 Re: Riku's Questions on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:08 pm

natat

1.script: id = $game_map.events[8].actor.id
$game_map.add_battle_theme(
id, 'Whatever the music is you want') (8 is the EVENT ID)

Erase event.

Move animation, through and parralel process

2. Same as 1.

8. script $game_map.add_talk(@event_id, true)
4, 8, 20 (The first 2 are Actor ID, the third is the number of another event where you write what happens with that talk (load text, change alliances etc.)
erase event.

I'll try and add others when I remember how, and work out how to explain.

11 Re: Riku's Questions on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:38 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

natat wrote:1.script: id = $game_map.events[8].actor.id
           $game_map.add_battle_theme(
           id, 'Whatever the music is you want') (8 is the EVENT ID)

Erase event.

Move animation, through and parralel process

Could you show me a screen? I'm kinda noob on this ;-; If you don't want to, it's okay, Thanks for answering this =)

natat wrote:8. script $game_map.add_talk(@event_id, true)
           4, 8, 20 (The first 2 are Actor ID, the third is the number of another event where you write what happens with that talk (load text, change alliances etc.)
erase event.

Load Text, change aliances? How? You mean by changing of teams? Giving Items? Wow, amazing! What are the values for giving items and change aliances? (Could you take a screen please ;-; ? )

12 Re: Riku's Questions on Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:49 pm

RikuTheHedgehog

Final question:

How can you make a game over? I have my actor 001 (ID) which is Koga, who makes a game over when he gets killed, but for my actor 004 (ID) which is Riku, he doesn't seem to do a game over. I changed the "Loss on death" in the System Config Script, but nothing changed, there's no game over yet when Riku gets killed. What am I missing?

Have a Good Day.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum