Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Story Competition Idea

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Does that mean we start working on our stories in 9-10 weeks or we submit our stories in 9-10 weeks? I would assume it's the former, but...

52 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:32 pm

I'll be posting everything that needs posting (references, etc). The deadline for auditions will be 4 to 5 weeks after everything is posted.

53 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:21 pm

Primefusion

Admin
I'm with Klok in that this sounds a lot like an RP and I'm just not into RPs.

54 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:44 pm

I.. See.. o.o' Well, have fun with your weird way of lookin' at stuff, homeslice. I'll see you on the other loaf.

55 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:27 pm

Primefusion

Admin
You want us to create characters to place in some competition. You then want us to write about our character competing against the other characters everyone's created.

How is this not a RP?

56 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 pm

How's it any different from making a story competitively? Or a game, for that matter.. You're going to need to develop the story about something either way. I mean, when I first announced it, that aspect hasn't changed. I wouldn't tell you to write about a simple competition, like some Nascar commentary. How many stories (that are good) aren't based around a character? Rather than giving you some rinky dink character to write about (andstory)and judge your grammar, I'm judging your creativity andingenuity.

57 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I mean, instead of me telling you exactly what to write, and how and who, I'm giving you free reign to do whatever the hell you want. (Also, holding your hand through all this and claiming you're doing something worth your time.. Would be a lie and very boring for everyone involved.)

In a sense, this is like the 'glass is half full/empty' arguement. It's entirely up to you how to interpret it. All I can really do is say "Just try it. THEN you can decide for yourself."
(Just the guide)

58 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:47 pm

Lenh

The complete opposite of taking a DM/players approach (most OCTs are in this format), would be just to declare the matchup and leave the storymaking entirely to the competitors. Any sort of intent to carry a story between the host and players or P2P is pretty much roleplaying.

I'd think 9~10 weeks for participants to make character sheets/bios, declare a round of matchups with a 9~10 week deadline, then judge. The power limits were in the right direction for the style of moderation needed, imo. Purely an imo

http://lenh.deviantart.com

59 Re: Story Competition Idea on Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:10 am

Round match ups. I'll (and other judges) only match peeps up and give them a general location to fight in, like a kitchen or something. Asides from that, no host interference. So no.
Rounds will last 5 to 6 weeks, I think that's fairly decent as long as people don't procrastinate 'til the last second (just work on your stuff, maybe a hour a day. or in your spare time, whatever you wanna do). The next 9 to 10 weeks will just be me waiting to have access to a school computer to actually SEE peoples stuff.

60 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:47 am

Jesse

It's not an RP because everyone's not writing about the same thing. There is no GM. There is a judge(s) who will decide who writes the best. It's just a paradoxial competitive writing contest. I usually get lost easy and I'm following this better than most people. Forum RPing is a crapton different. Okay, I've stated my stuff. Byebye.

61 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:46 am

Now here's a chap worth his internet salt, laddies. -Sailor Moon Rin-

62 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:06 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Does nothing to change the fact that I'm still not interested.
What I'd rather see for the contest formula is you just give a general theme and we write whatever kind of story. None of this OC vs OC business.

63 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Yeps. I don't see any huge changes happening, but alot can happen in 10ish weeks.

64 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:01 pm

Parantheon

I don't have to explain that I'm interested. Just tell me when it starts...

http://illander.forumotion.com

65 Re: Story Competition Idea on Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:19 pm

Just a little while longer.. 'u'

66 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:18 am

Magix430

I SHOULD TOTALLY USE MY BR CHARACTERS SINCE THE STORY'S PRETTY MUCH ALREADY LAID OUT

Broken Reality New V2

Crystal Rift (BR V1)

this is totally not an advertisement for my own comic, but i hop3 you don't mindddd

67 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:30 pm

As long as your comic is totally copyrighted to you, every aspect of it, and it's not some invincible, perfect, godly character, then you're good to go. O:

68 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:14 pm

Magix430

(definitely not invincible)

cool Very Happy

69 Re: Story Competition Idea on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 am

Yay~. c:

70 Re: Story Competition Idea on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:18 pm

Parantheon

Just let me know when we start, and I'll have a story in no time.

71 Re: Story Competition Idea on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:57 am

Alright. Expect an announcement of the due date in a week or two.

72 Re: Story Competition Idea on Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:18 pm

Magix430

and then nothing happens for more than two weeks

73 Re: Story Competition Idea on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:15 am

Mah. Bad. Have crap over here that I didn't expect. (Actually, I DID expect it, since EVERY time I make plans, they get F-)

Anyway, it'll happen when it happens. Or not, at this rate. Sorry's. If it doesn't happen, I'll just.. Start it up in a year or so, when I'm in college.

74 Re: Story Competition Idea on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Parantheon

Go where I'm at, man. it's amazing here.

75 Re: Story Competition Idea on Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:36 pm

Hm? Where to?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum