Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Super FEXP Public Release (Current Version: 1.0)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Klokinator

Admin
Before I begin, I want to make it clear that this release is incomplete, and more than likely BUGGY. It could also be missing a lot but I won't be modifying it any more due to the fact that FEDE will soon be a thing. Since it will soon be a thing, I have no intention of working with the inferior engine anymore. I'd apologize, but FEDE is going to be so much better that Super FEXP will be momentarily phased out anyway which belates this whole release anyway. Oh well, bitch more Klok.

Super FEXP is an offshoot of the FEXP Engine made by Bwdyeti. My original goals for its public release were as follows:

-Add all FEGBA classes into the engine and some solid fan-made custom ones as well. [Only added like 7?]
-Reorganize every single thing in the databases in order to make them easier to understand. [Mostly did this, but Skills were never fully finished.]
-Add as many skills from previous games as possible. [Never even touched this goal, unfortunately.]
-Comment all the scripts in the engine to make them more intuitive and easier to follow. [I did this but not to the fullest extent that I could.]
-Make it better. [Hooray for vague goals!]

Well I only accomplished some percentage of those goals and will never finish because again, FEDE is vastly superior. With that in mind, please hold off disappointment in the unfinished state of Super FEXP. Keep in mind some of the new animations do work (Female assassin, great knight, lots of other ones added by myself and Booton) so if you want you can just copy their data over into your game if you're using Yeti's 1.01 FEXP.

That being said, feel free to download it here:

Klok's Super FEXP 1.0

Note that prior to doing anything, you must open the Rxproject file, and go to the Playtest option so that FEXP can recompile the Processed animations, otherwise nothing will work ingame. I deleted them to save space.

Some more resources can be viewed and downloaded here:

FEXP Auto Mug Formatter (By Cedar Nyx, highly recommended)

FEXP Ultimate Guide

I apologize for not finishing Super FEXP, but in a few months, something better will be available anyway so in the end it doesn't really matter. If you find bugs or have questions, do feel free to post them here though. I will attempt to fix any and all bugs that are found.

Last edited by Klokinator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atuna Lemep

Just something real quick, hopefully it's fixable, but when I go to playtest the game to unpack the animations, it stops on Arcthunder and says "Script is hanging." before it closes the playtest. It refuses to go beyond that.

Any fix for this?

Klokinator

Admin
Hmm I wondered if maybe there were too many animations. Slower computers might hang if they don't have enough ram. Lemme grab the processed folder and you can plunk that in there and see if it works.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28014061/Processed%20Animations.zip

Download that and extract it to the Processed folder, then playtest again. If it does, yay Very Happy

Klokinator

Admin
Ahahaha I left my own title screens in there. Duuuuumb. I'm gonna have to scan through more carefully I guess :B I'll try rebuilding the whole thing, just lemme know if that animation package fixed the crashing error for you.

Edit: A "Fire Emblem General" script keeps fucking up for me. This whole release is broken. I recommend just looking through the animations, map sprites, and battler image folders to take the new things from it, then getting their data from the animation data scripts as well as the animations section of the DB. Think of this less as a useable project file and more of a resource depository.

mad.array

Hi Klok. I've just started using Normal & Super FEXP. Fantastic bit of work between you and Yeti. I was just curious to see If there is a list posted anywhere with a breakdown of what's included and what still needs doing? I'd like to have a crack at fixing some issues/working in some features. I know the save system has got to be worked on but aside from that and the Ultimate FEXP guide, I'm having trouble finding documentation on this beauty.

Thanks!

Charlotte

Chick
List of things that need doing: Ditch SFEXP and move to FEXNA. It's pretty close to release, and much better...Technically, at least. I'm still trying to figure out how to use it ^-^;

Joshuageorpe

The beta vids released by Klokinator is good but still less in information.

When is FEXNA going to be released, can't wait for my hack to be solidified.

YAA-HAA!!!

mad.array

I know. It seems everyone who has developed something FE related for RMXP has moved on to XNA. I'll admit I'm excited about FEXNA, but I've only got access to XP at the moment so I 'm going to work with that until XNA appears. I was hoping there was something resembling a technical document or brief that would tell us, at least, which animation slots have been reserved for use (if not named) and what all the gaps are in the class section of the database!

Klokinator

Admin
I should make more vids at some point. And as for gaps, there's uh.... it doesn't work quite the same as in FEXP. In some ways it's better, and in other ways... I'll need to reorganize class order... xD

mad.array

Well, if nothing else, mucking around with XP gives me something productive to do that's related to FE. I'm enjoying it, in a 'Why the Hell was this done like this?' sort of way.

Pinky

Chick
Sorry if this is a necro post but I every time I try to play your demo I get this error:

Why do I get this? I didn't even touch a thing.

EDIT: Never mind I didn't realize you stated there was this error I'll do what you said to prevent it.

Lord Wolfram

Fixed this engine. I know that you all are waiting for FEXNA but I am unable to use it(and someone else can't use it too) so I took my time working with FEXP and I decided to fix Klok's Version. This is as much as I can do for you all. is there something that isn't working? inform me please.
Klok if you hate Necroposting than I am truly sorry but Well I want to do something for everyone.
I tried to make it as small as  possible and give me your feedback.
And I think of making my own FEXP version and if someone want's to help me, PM me and I will tell you future details.
Found another bug... sorry guys.

Zane Avernathy

So, you fixed it, you say? Any chance of a download link?

Klokinator

Admin
He deleted the link in his post, but the link is in the original post now.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum