Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Sat May 11, 2013 4:54 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Alright with FEXNA on the horizon, this is the master topic for FEDE (Fire Emblem Developer's Engine), an engine that will be essentially a more complete version of FEXNA, with more features, more options, all GBAFE class animations, and much more.

I have a list of planned features that I've compiled from the FEDE Suggestions topic (Previously "FECK") and I will list all the planned features of this engine here. Take note it will take a very long time to code these, and they are not listed in any particular priority order.

Bonus EXP (BEXP) from FE9 and FE10.
Some form of Forging, possibly the FE10 style with adjustments.
Capture from FE5. (My own game will have "Skill based" capturing but there will be a way of making it a global mechanic.)
Branching Promotions. (Just like in FE8, but you'll be able to have more than 3 choices if you want.)
Flexible skills system. Will include skills gained by level or by promotion.
FE8/FEA World Map. Will include a few improvements also.
5 visible skills instead of FEXP and FEXNA's 4.
Enhanced Supports. I will probably have an enhanced Supports window and that will be elaborated on in the future.
Base/Camp menu on the preperations screen. You'll be able to access Forging and supports and etc from there, just like in FE9/10.
Event Tiles, like in FEA. (Will include the FEA style, and an Enhanced Style that allows for numerous tweaks.)
Support for an MP system like in my game, though you could just disable it.
Tons of toggles and tweaks for many different things that would take too long to mention here.

There will NOT be Biorhythm. If you guys want that, code it yourself, completely garbage feature. Why?

Because:
Crimefusion

There will be a toggleable Dual Screen that is best utilized with an Xbox 360 controller, with the right stick controlling a cursor on the bottom window and the left stick controlling what goes on in the top window. The bottom window will also be touch screen so you can use a mouse and keyboard if it suits your fancy (But I recommend the controller :B). Also, you can just disable it and use the classic single window view if you hate the much improved dual screen layout.

Details:

Basically, the top screen has the map where you move your units around, and it's where the battles take place as well. The bottom screen holds the unit window as seen above, and will have three tabs for cycling from rescued units, to the Supports window (Not yet designed as of this post) to the Chapter Data window (Also not yet designed).

The bottom screen is I think either 8px or 16px taller than the top window to account for the numerous additions to the ui, therefore if you switch to single window mode, there will be a 4-8px black bar on the top and bottom of the battle window when fighting. If we didn't have the black bar (think of it like those dreaded Widescreen bars...!) then we'd have to expand the size of every spell to fit the screen as well as battle BG's, therefore the bars are absolutely necessary.

FEXNA is estimated to be released in 3ish months, and FEDE will be a longterm project that probably will take much longer to get to completion.

Last edited by K on Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Sun May 12, 2013 9:45 am

This sounds awesomesauce. o: Anything I'd be useful for?

3 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Fri May 17, 2013 7:38 pm

Jesse

I know I haven't been around in forever, but good lord Klok. You change names of your projects as often as you change clothes. lol

Wish I could help out with something, but I've got a crapton of projects on my list as it is. (though I could fix up your heart icon if you wanted. It looks a little...well...crapped?)

4 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Fri May 17, 2013 7:52 pm

Magix430

FEDE ME

looks interesting. anymore info?

5 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:32 pm

Nutronmival

Is FEXNA going to be ready and released before the school year?

6 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I promise nothing. Yeti's the one developing it lol.

Also FEDE probably isn't gonna happen since my coder's gone. I'll have to find another one or do it myself, and I don't think I can do it myself.

7 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:59 am

Discord

Aw, crap. I really wanted that new UI.

8 Re: FEDE: An alternative to FEXNA on Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:00 pm

Nutronmival

Oh ok, lol. Hopefully it will

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum