Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Question or Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:48 pm

darkblaze53

So I've recently discovered this whole FEXP thing, so I thought I'd try my hand at messing with it.

I noticed the Cavalier/Social Knight included with FEXP doesn't have a sword animation, so I thought I'd track down a sheet and add my own. I did this by copying the lance animation and replacing all the frames with the sword one. (It seemed much easier.)

It worked all well and good, then I tried to apply a palette swap, to see if it would work. It did, for lances, as shown below:

But then, when I tried to use the sword animation, I got this weirdness:

It looks like it's still trying to recolor the lance part of the sprite. It's not just one frame, it does it for pretty much the entire animation.

So, if anyone could tell me, is this a spriting error, or is there some scripting I have to modify?

Last edited by darkblaze53 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:55 pm

JeanMarc

Did you delete the lance frame of the battler/animation sheet? That's probably the problem.

3 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:08 pm

darkblaze53

After experimentation, it appears to be remnants of the overwritten sprites, in other words, copy/pasted lazily >_>

I realize now I could've done it in an easier way anyhow.

4 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Okay first, it looks like when you added in the sword, you maybe forgot to erase all the lance parts of the sprite? I see stray pixels all around the cavalier so I can only assume this is one of the problems. Would you upload the sheet you're using for the cavalier (The one that I assume you added?) and post your recolor script snippet for this particular guy?

Edit: Ah, you fixed it then?

5 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:52 pm

darkblaze53

Well, fixed the battler sprite, in any case. It's still happening with the animation.

This is the animation sheet I remade.

http://imageshack.us/a/img24/6549/socialknight0sword.png

It still happens with this one.

6 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:17 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Delete the sheet in the Processed folder and run the game in Test mode again?

7 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:22 pm

darkblaze53

Charlotte wrote:Delete the sheet in the Processed folder and run the game in Test mode again?

Huh, wouldn't have even thought of that. Worked beautifully.

Wouldn't have even thought of doing that... Still learning the system!

Now if only I knew how to write code...

8 Re: A Question or Two on Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:34 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Oh man, the processed folder gets people every time. Just a heads up, if you ever run into problems with animations, delete the whole folder, go in-editor and playtest, and wait for the animations to rebuild. Fixes a lot of problems that commonly occur.

Feel free to ask if anything else gets stuck in your craw.

9 Re: A Question or Two on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:44 am

darkblaze53

And in this post, we reveal how little I know of scripting (and where to find such information in the scripts...)

So, how exactly does this work in terms of transferring information from one level to the next?

Say I have a unit that can be recruited in one level, but I sucked in playing that level and he died.

What sort of scripting commands would I add to check and see if this unit is still alive before adding him to my team in the next mission?

10 Re: A Question or Two on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:49 am

Klokinator

Admin
You just add the unit to your team, and on cutscenes never use Actor units, only generics, because if the actor is dead it breaks the game.

\topsecretinfo\ FEXP is going to be replaced by FEXNA fairly soon, in a matter of a couple months. All these bugs with FEXP won't be in that so I'd just wait for it.

11 Re: A Question or Two on Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:21 pm

darkblaze53

Awesome. I'll just wait then...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum