Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why is it so hard for me to start out some of my mangas that I made?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Pinky

Chick
I have a very hard time starting out some of my mangas that I want to make and laying out panels. For some of them I am too lazy to write out as a story first because I want to get to the drawing. I also have a hard time laying out panels reguardless even if I do write it out as a story first. I can't really do thumbnails because I do my mangas on my lap top in Manga Studio Ex 4.0 with my pen tablet. Can anyone try to help me with this problem? How do you guys and girls know how to start off your mangas you make and panels?

Klokinator

Admin
It's probably because of a word that starts with L and ends with aziness.

Pinky

Chick
Sometimes even when I do write them as a story first I can't think of how to start them out.

Charlotte

Chick
You're supposed to write out a plotline for each chapter as well as your entire arc first, then storyboard it all out with sketches of what's going to happen in general, then flesh out your storyboard with more sketches, then run a rough draft in pencil (don't be afraid to change your story a bit here in case something doesn't work out as planned. You don't want to force something that won't work), edit, then ink it (or in your case, color, I guess).

At least, that's the route that makes the most sense. If you don't want to go through all that trouble, then I'm honestly surprised. But you can take any progressively lazier path with less guarantees of quality. Put good in, get good out, as they say.

Maybe find yourself a REASON to be doing this other than "hey I thought of a cool story and I like manga so I should make a manga". Is manga really the best medium for your story, and one you can actually do? You can team up with other people, too, but don't just pitch them a plotline and expect them to do the heavy lifting. Ideas are a dime a dozen; it's the execution that's important. Read up on some professional opinions (they're easy enough to find with a search engine) rather than asking a forum where maybe two members have considered starting what you're doing. Above all, don't give up if you're positive this is what you don't want to do--don't let anyone, myself included, tell you you can't do something if you're so determined. But don't be stubborn in an idea you don't really want to be doing, either.

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a talkative mood right now xP

Magix430

I agree with Charlotte for most of it. (storyboarding, drawing a simple sketch for everything first)

And with klok for the mystery word

I mean...you're using electronics so it should be easier than actually doing it by hand with pen and screentone, so that's already a major 50 some days cut down in total.

Besides the major laziness or lack of motivation over anything of a 2 day span, i have nothing else to tell you.

Pinky

Chick
Thank you! I guess I just rather draw than write somtimes, but I can see your point.

Mew

Chick
If you prefer drawing, why not stylize/refresh old stories and adapt them into a manga format?

I'm taking a class currently where I selected Beauty and the Beast, changed the setting to post-apocalyptic, and am coming up with all sorts of cool designs/artworks without having to put much thought into the story.

http://www.margosikes.com

Pinky

Chick
Cool I never really thought of doing that except for my manga Mystic Knights. I don't really have any old stories I wrote way back when laying around but my room is a mess anyway so if I clean it up I might find some of my old stories. I do have a few laying around some where from my creative writing class from when I was in High School. Thank you I'll see if I can find them.

Mew

Chick
Why not a classic fairy tale instead of something you wrote? Snow White or something, artists do that often

http://www.margosikes.com

Pinky

Chick
Cool! I never did that but back when I was 9th grade I wrote my own version of Quest64 that took place seven years after the hero Brian saved the world and I made him 17 years old instead of 10 years old because of course he's going to get older. I even added my own characters. As of fact I even still have it where I can get to it. I would like the make that into a manga as well. (:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum