Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Insomnia + Brainstorming

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Insomnia + Brainstorming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 am

RomeAX

I need to write this shit down because if I fall asleep I might forget 80% of it.

While I was trying to fall asleep I started to think, like I always do, what if I try and make a game that is about a dude or dudette... (I'll refer to the MC as male to make it easier on my sleepy self).

...SO! there is this dude who dreams to be a king or a leader w/e but since he was not born in royalty, his dreams are not guaranteed to come true. BUT one day he receives a letter, his uncle from a far away land has passed away, this uncle had no relatives and he has been looking for the MC for YEARS, YEARS I TELL YA. So the MC sails to this far away land to discover that his uncle owned a huge chunk of land and was wealthy as fuck. The uncle left everything to the MC but under one condition: "You must help the people of 'X Town' prosper. If you do not agree with these terms then fuck you, you can go back to being poor lol."

This is the perfect opportunity for the MC to make his dreams come true bit by bit. And if he is successful, maybe he can become the badass motherfucker he always wanted to be.

Myyy plans: What I want to do is try and make a game that is about the Player making a town prosper slowly. I want to mix RPG Elements with my above average(lol) knowledge of eventing. I really have no idea what story I could use for a game like this, I want to deviate from a complex plot and maybe simply have a rival town or a jealous king w/e. I don't want it to be something complex.

I want you guys to throw ideas at me too!

Features I plan on implementing (I said I PLAN, if they turn out to be impossible then I'll move on):

- Character selection: I want to use those Kaduki sprites mainly because they would fit with the theme of the game. If not then I'm going with default Vx/Ace.

- Skills depend on weapon equipped: I want the player to buy skills with gold in a shop, and these skills will depend on the weapon you're using rather than a class. I also want to add a script which would allow people to choose what skills they're going to use in battle. That way you won't have to go through a hundred useless skills.

- Ugrading buildings

- Recruiting workers like lumberjacks, hunters, farmers, fishers, builders, soldiers, etc.

- Bandit/monster attacks

- Use of materials for said upgrades

- Job levels

- Plenty of Areas to explore

-Weapon Leveling: I don't want to use many weapons of the same weapon type. Maybe I'll have less than 6-8 weapons per type. I'll also try to remove player leveling or have it cap at a low level. Like 20.

- Maybe a night and day/time system

I'm pretty sure I thought of more stuff but I'm leaving it as is for the moment.

2 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Magix430

This reminds me of a game by KTH games, a KRPG called Wild Frontier, but you're an adventurer and its based on classes...but you run around finding materials to build stuff and get better. Idk

Also sorta like Kingdom Wars... Building a kingdom and all. I haven't played many games.

I like the idea of this. Though I'm not sure what impractical ideas I have to offer

3 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:19 pm

Mew

Chick
Animal Crossing with weapons

Errr I mean....hi. Interesting idea.

What if you're royalty who is, as a requirement of being in charge, has a sort of invisible obligation to helping your townsfolk? Maybe you play as multiple characters. Narrative wise you're the king the whole time, but you can send out people to do your bidding and they become playable for that mission or something (soldier looking for a lost child, blacksmith searching for some special ore or something) and every thing you complete changes the appearance of your hub town, which you can access as the king or something

idk

http://www.margosikes.com

4 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:14 pm

RomeAX

That is interesting but it would require some of the customization ideas I had planned to be removed.

Hmm... What if... the player can choose to help personally or send someone to complete that sidequest a la Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. There is a difficulty set on the quest and the stronger the person you send, the higher the chance of success?

If you decide to tag along then you would get more materials, drops and exp but it would, obviously, take your time. So sometimes it is better to send a party while you work on something else.

5 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:39 am

Klokinator

Admin
Aren't you working on two other games already xD

6 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

RomeAX

Yoshi dropped Klokreations RPG.

KRPG is on hiatus.

Edit: Also, this is just an idea, I won't start working on this game yet.

7 Re: Insomnia + Brainstorming on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Oh... now I am sad for two more reasons Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum