Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

A few questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A few questions on Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 am

Mappel6

Hello, I'm a new member here. I've been following the FEXP project for a while now, but Serene's Forest was shut down and I couldn't find it anymore. Now, I have two questions for now:

1. Where can I find the most up-to-date FEXP? After searching for a bit, I couldn't find it.

2. Do we now have the ability to make it where certain units have special defeat themes?

EDIT: 3. Is the setup phase fixed? I would really like a working setup phase.

2 Re: A few questions on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 am

Araknir

1. Hum..I can't help you fort that.

2. I don't know if it is possible; but it will be easy to do I think.

3. No, the setup isn't programmed yet.

3 Re: A few questions on Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:43 pm

1. The most up-to-date version is 1.0.1, I believe. Yeti abandoned it, so we never got another version.

2. Well, FEXP already has the capability - you get different themes when a LOSS_ON_DEATH unit dies to when a normal unit dies, so just reading through the code to find out how this works could probably get you what you want.

3. Quote from Yeti: 'The Setup screen has some base code, but isn't even close to finished. Change a map from '<map name> BATTLE' to '<map name> SETUP' to try it out.'

And seeing as he's done working with it, that means one of us would have to finish it. I might dabble one day, we'll see.

Also, Serenes isn't down: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php

4 Re: A few questions on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:22 pm

Mappel6

I thought Klok was working on it now. And I was having trouble with Serene's Forest, was it moved to a different domain or something? Weird. And I thought that the death music never changed, and that you had to have one song as death music.

5 Re: A few questions on Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Nah, Klok's not really a scripter. He's working on a tutorial for it, off and on, and a project for it, but he's not trying to complete the engine as far as I know.

You do have one song as death music, but if your lord character dies, the game over theme will play instead. And of course, no music plays when enemy units die, so there HAS to be some way to affect how that process works.

EDIT: You could put an if $game_switches(##) statement where you specify the death theme, and make it so the death theme changes when a certain switch is on. And then just script it so the switch will turn on when the character in question is in combat.

6 Re: A few questions on Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:44 am

Klokinator

Admin
Ahem.

1. FEXP 1.0.1 is technically the most complete version out there. However, I was working, and may possibly return to working on Super FEXP, my revisions and additions to FEXP, with the help of all the other people on this site. Right now, while working on my ragefest, I added all known classes from other projects into my version of FEXP, and after I've finished my ragefest there's a chance I'll make further revisions and release it publically for once.

2. Yes, extremely easy.

3. No and it doesn't look like it will be for a long time. The SETUP phase and the Branching promotions are numbers 1 and 2 on my do-want list.

And I thought that the death music never changed, and that you had to have one song as death music.
I only use the default hero and generic death songs, but I could make an array fairly easily that added a unique death theme for any units you wanted, but be warned that too much music can dilute the game and getting good death themes is actually quite hard. The one I use in my games is custom made and costed me a little bit of money.

7 Re: A few questions on Tue Feb 12, 2013 2:05 am

Mappel6

Ah, thanks, thanks. Just some confusion on my end. There is a temporary solution to branches, but only if someone could make multiple promotion items (i.e. Orion's Bolt) but it's been a while since I played around with FEXP. I'll look into that.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum