Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legend of the Dragon ACE

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:49 pm

Klokinator

Admin
It only takes a second to download so it's fine by me. I still prefer mediafire but I've had issues with not being able to download a file no matter how many times I clicked download.

I'll get around to playing this soon.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

27 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:03 am

I wish I could play this on a tablet.. x.x Just hearing about it is making me excited. Fffffff

28 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:33 am

Jesse

didn't really pass it, but I got TO it. and everyone's like LV 7 or something like that.

29 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:22 am

RomeAX

Hey Char, you left before I could explain you how the parallel event worked. You need to do it in a common event so that way it will be activated automatically.

Common Event, Trigger: Parallel Process, Switch Condition: Switch 'X' (47) in my case.

@>Control Variables: [0041: Slime Goo Quest] = [Slime Goo] is present (the item)

That way it will automatically update and you don't have to set a parallel process on every map. Make sure when you turn the quest in to the NPC, set the quest Switch to off (switch 47 in the example) and then turn a Control Self Switch to on as to prevent it from going back to the previous page.

I don't know how the hell I missed that, I've been making some many side-quests that I completely forgot about it. That's why I also said that you don't need a parallel process because I actually used a common event (which is also set as a parallel process anyways).

Edit: I took a screenshot of the common event in case I wasn't too clear and if I already went to bed.
Spoiler:

Again, sorry for missing that detail which is one of the most important.

30 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 am

Charlotte

Chick
Oh right, common event parallel processes. One thing with that that I'm worried about is that one of the areas is already somewhat laggy on my computer, so I don't want to add too many more things to go on in that map. But I'm going to add an anti-lag script, so maybe I'll be able to use that method, thanks!

But oh, I have another question related to scripts you linked! I should probably know this since it also applies to FEXP, but ehhhh.

The interpreter rejects this script since the event window call is 2 lines long. How can I make longer strings?

31 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:39 am

RomeAX

Oh the event window text script is a different one. I think I said it in the chat, I guess you missed it lol.

If you didn't get it last night, clicky.

nevermind, missed the part where you said it was related to another script.

To add your own text: (ignore the quest, reveal objective calls, those are from the quest journal script)

The string has to be changed to whatever you want, the example was 'text' so I left it like that.

So you have to "text = Message here!"
and the "event_window_add_text(text)" will show exactly what is equal to the 'text' string.

32 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:58 am

RomeAX

Also yet another thing I missed related to the Quest Journal script. We don't need to use that many switches at all. There is a command that you can place as a script call on a Conditional branch: objective_revealed?(QuestID, ObjectiveID) (like objective_revealed?(1, 1)<- That way we don't need to waste a switch and just check if a Objective has been revealed to use it in place of a switch, which is pretty awesome. There are more similar commands like that after line 162.

I'm assuming that you don't know about it, but if you do, well... I didn't know it was possible ;-;

33 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:04 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Welp, I haven't tried that out yet, but I guess I'll give these things a go when I do the sidequests.

'Til then, update time!

For those of you with access to the dropbox, here's the link. I think? I'm not positive on how to use these DB functions... For those of you without it... Why not ask?

The main thing I added was the Main Quest Objective helper thing--hopefully now you'll never get confused as to where to go! Of course, these quest objectives aren't done, but by the time you get to one that's unfinished (assuming you're restarting your save now or restarted on the last update or two), hopefully I'll have gotten enough feedback to put out another update.

...But that's on you!

34 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 am

RomeAX

Can't download from that dropbox folder.

35 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:14 am

Charlotte

Chick
Wait are you trying to download it or open the folder?

Hnnng Klok asked me to put the game in the DB so it was more accessible but I don't know which way he meant, maybe Share Folder? Share Link? Or was I supposed to put it in my own Public folder to do that? Or maybe I was supposed to leave the game compressed?

I really don't know right now, I'll ask Klok when he gets on, since it was his idea.

On a semi-related note, I've added some items and made the merchant, uh, rectangle, in the hub town actually relevant. Maybe I'll remove the ability to get gold from a battle altogether, replacing it with sellable gold items? That seems like a good idea. Any other ideas for changes to the next update?

Thanks again, all!

36 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:22 am

RomeAX

I'm not on the Klokreations' Dropbox. But the "Share Link" option worked all-right, just downloaded a zip.

Maybe I'll remove the ability to get gold from a battle altogether, replacing it with sellable gold items? That seems like a good idea.

Sounds like a good idea, you already had some of those items, right? I vote yes.

37 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:46 am

Charlotte

Chick
[EDIT: Wait, seriously?! It was THAT? Wowww that's... Well anyway, problem solved! Gold will now drop in the form of sellable items such as nuggets and bags, but it'll only drop rarely, so selling other drops are still your best way to make money]

38 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:19 pm

RomeAX

Hey Char, I know you said the quest objectives weren't done. But the quest Journal didn't update at the beginning. It remains grayed-out as if there were no quests available. It did show me the little message to the left though.

It supposed to remain grayed-out because it is incomplete? Or perhaps it's a mistake. Anyhow reporting it just in case.

39 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:52 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Did you only see the "Main Quest Added" or did you leave the house and see the first "Main Quest Update"? I think maybe I'll remove the first message since there's no objective associated with it and quests aren't explained yet...

40 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:13 pm

Charlotte

Chick
New version in the Dropbox, everyone! Yoshi, I included your old save, but it might act strangely in this version.

I think I fixed every known "issue", and I added emotion balloons to the first scene. What does everyone think of the sound effect?

41 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Is it worth restarting?

42 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Hmm well how far are you? Probably not, really. I think for you the only reasons to restart would be to see the emotion balloons and get a fish, IIRC.

43 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:51 am

Klokinator

Admin
Charlotte wrote:
Hnnng Klok asked me to put the game in the DB so it was more accessible but I don't know which way he meant, maybe Share Folder? Share Link? Or was I supposed to put it in my own Public folder to do that? Or maybe I was supposed to leave the game compressed?

I really don't know right now, I'll ask Klok when he gets on, since it was his idea.
I meant like, put an unzipped folder in there sop that everyone could play it from the dropbox, basically.

44 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Hey guys! Last chance for playtesting! If there's a change you want made or considered, please file your suggestion TODAY.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yywb5zdlz0e00og/eQmHEdmL7a?m

Sidequests are still unfinished, and I'm well aware that the first area's slimes have ridiculous avoid--just Escape from them. Other than that, everything is done to the extent of my knowledge, so speak now or forever hold your (and my) peace!

45 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:19 pm

Klokinator

Admin
ugh and it's the day I'm horribly addicted to Terraria. Nice.

The forum should get together again like old times and play some terraria on saturday. That'd be epic ;o;

46 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:53 am

Charlotte

Chick
What's that? Did someone say "the first Ace game released on Klokreations?" No? Just me? Oh well, here's the first Ace game releasead on Klokreations!
I present to you... Legend of the Dragon!

47 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:42 am

RomeAX

F Yeah Downloading and then going to sleep lol. I'll play it tomorrow after I get back home.

48 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:02 pm

Fuzz94

I'm gonna play this a lot after midterms Very Happy

49 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 pm

Jesse

I'll play this...if real life ever gives me a break.

50 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:02 am

RomeAX

Hey Char, I see some errors on the mapping here and there. I know you were using the 30 days trial to make this game and that made you rush it a bit but I feel like the mapping still needs some priority over most things.

Maps are one of the most criticized areas of RPG Maker games. Sometimes mapping is what turns me down from RM games but I understand the situation you were in when making this game.

I also thought that maybe you wanted to hear some criticism rather than constant praise. I can help you out with maps every time I spot an error and give you some tips if you'd like.

51 Re: Legend of the Dragon ACE on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:15 am

Charlotte

Chick
No, by all means. But could you give me examples on where the maps are erroneous?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum