Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tales and Folklore: Fate

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:14 am

RomeAX

Tales and Folklore: Fate
About the game: This is a game being made with RPG Maker Vx Ace, the game has a simple looking front-view battle system. Where I'm hoping for the game to shine is in its customization and strategy. You will be able to choose from 11 different classes, each class has 15 skills that you can choose to level up or ignore. It is not possible to level all skills to 3 at max level, so choose wisely. You will also be responsible for increasing each character's stats, so there's that too. Oh and you can choose the MC's name or keep the default one.

Backstory:
There are many kingdoms and nations in the world but there is one King whose kingdom is unlike the others. No living being bows to this king, that is because he rules a different world, a world of those who no longer possess a heart beat. He is known as the Nether King. The Netherworld has no heir, if someone wishes to rule it, he must simply enter the Void and challenge the Nether King. Entering the Void is no simple task, a person must find the keys that will open the gate to the Void and those key are under the protection of powerful demons.

If a person is to successfully defeat the Nether King he will be given reign of the Nether World as soon as he sits on the throne; and all the undead, demons and evil spirits will be under his command. Many are those who have journeyed through the Void but no one knows whether they perished or were successful.

Story:

5 years ago a man by the name of Xyrus, retired General of the Royal Army and a former member of the Heaven Knights, left two children and ventured into the search of the keys by himself never to be seen again. After Xyrus' disappearance his two young children were taken by king Uther who was like a brother to Xyrus and who is also a former member of the Heaven Knights.

5 years forward and the older of the two siblings never gave up hope. He insists that his father is still alive somewhere and has decided to part on a journey to seek his missing father. But to do this, he must first find the keys and enter the Void. King Uther threatens to ban him, and anyone who joins him, from the Palace if he dares to relinquish his position as a Lord. Will the young man abandon all hope and concede with the words of the King? Or will he follow his feelings and walk away from the King, leaving his life as a Lord behind?

Early Development Screenies:

Yay for dark dungeons! Here the light will point at whatever direction you're facing.

Part of a mountain town with some fog and rain.

Here you can see the Blacksmith and Tailor words, they are above the workshops of each category. In here you can create armor or weapons, respectively

Classes Info:

I've completed a Skills List. There are many skills and not all can be leveled, so if you don't want to level the wrong skills, use that doc to prepare better. You get 1 Skill Point at level up. Each skill requires 3 points to level up. So you will get to level up your first skill at level 4. If you think those first few skills are not worth leveling, I recommend you save those points for later. It all depends on your style of gameplay.

Test Demo Ver 0.3 <- Test demo version, I was planning on changing the intro because I think they speak too much, but left it like that for this version.

There is no tutorial in this version so read these little notes:

-Remember to allocate your attributes points every time you level up by going to the menu and choosing "Attributes".
-Keep an eye on your SP (Skill Points) Each skills requires 3 SP to level up. Go to the Skills menu and choose "Learn". You get 1 SP when you Level up.
-All other characters gain AP and SP. Don't forget about them.
-I want this game to be difficult, but not frustrating. So if you think something is unbalanced let me know which class are you using and against what enemies.
-Keep in mind some things that you will find difficult might be easier for another class. That will remain unchanged unless it's unbalanced.
-Do the "Slime-y Science" Sidequest. Do it, and your life will be easier with the Alchemy Guide Book. Restorers and Potions are your best friend.
-Do all the sidequests in the City of Angeles. You'll get more guide books for free.

Known Issues:
-Don't press Right in battle or you might lose your turn. Just use 'Z'/Enter to Accept and 'X'/Esc to Cancel.
-Not sure if this true but I read in the Attributes' Script thread that a guy was having problems because his attributes points would disappear when loading the game. So just in case, don't close the project without using all your Attribute Points.

Credits:

Music:
-Klokreations:
Magix430

-Newgrounds:
Biokiller8
DarkWalker2090
Frixolydian
Howler7
koori-kun
leaderoftheidiots
Magnificat12
Mawnz
NemesisTheory
Neon-Bard
Smartpoetic
Tombor911
wandschrank
whitesymphonia
Anthouse

Graphics:

Celianna
Lunarea
Mr. Dai
Leisurely - http://momope8.blog67.fc2.com/
ArcheiaNessa - http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/
Closet Ace - http://closetace.wiki.fc2.com/
Mack
First Seed Material - http://www.tekepon.net/fsm/
Liberty
Indrah

Scripts:
Yanfly
Victor
LoneWolf
Mezzolan
Mithran
Modern Algebra
Formar
TDS
Mr. Bubble
Moghunter
Syvkal's
1/12/13 OP Updated: Added Class Info.
1/29/13 OP Updated: Added Skill Sheet.
1/30/13 OP Updated: Added test Demo.
1/30/13 OP Updated: Added test Demo v0.3.

Last edited by RomeAX on Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 pm; edited 9 times in total

2 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:04 am

I like this. This is good. This is nice. This is like a cold popsicle on a burning summer day. You can't live without it.

3 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 am

Fuzz94

Rome, you've done good.

I like this so far, mainly because you made it but i digress. I'll def be playing this when you've got stuff to play

4 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:35 pm

RomeAX

Thanks guys. I updated the op with some information about the classes. Would save you some time knowing what to choose before playing Razz

I was previously planning to have 12 classes but the Gambler class didn't work out like I had planned so I had to remove it. Which sucks hard because it was the class I was going to play at first.

5 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:49 pm

Mercenary Lord

Because female armor always only guards the 'important areas'. the torso doesn't need any armor. :/ Arms and legs, that's all we need.

http://www.klokreations.net

6 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:50 pm

RomeAX

Lol yeah, nothing I could do though. That's an RTP battler.

7 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:56 pm

Mercenary Lord

ASAP, I would replace those pictures.

http://www.klokreations.net

8 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:04 pm

RomeAX

Nah, they're staying. Unless I find something better to represent each class, which is not something I will search for any time soon. That is not of importance right now.

9 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:29 pm

Primefusion

Admin
I give this project an A+ for snagging my interest.

I like those maps.

10 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:04 pm

Hey Rome, I've been wondering, is that lighting effect in normal Rpgmvxa, or is that a script? If it's a script could you send me a link to it sometime?

Those classes are awesome. I think I may pick Cleric, that's normally my favorite.
And why does the gambler not work? Is there a mess up with the script or something?

11 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:07 pm

RomeAX

@Prime: I'm glad you like them. I'm working a bit on the project right now. I will upload some screenies later tonight if I don't get distracted by something.

@Rin: Yup it's a script I'm using. http://victorscripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/field-scripts/light-effects/

Edit: Oh and the gambler thing, I couldn't make his skills work as I had planned. It was impossible for me to set a skill to damage the enemy if it was a critical hit and to damage the user if it was a normal attack for example. I couldn't make ones even more complicated work either.

12 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I was wondering whether you had made the class art but then you said it was RTP and I had a sad. Still, the story is interesting. A bit cliche'd, but the presentation is quite good. I like the balances in the classes, final fantasy style old school rpg's are my secret interests Very Happy

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

13 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:42 pm

RomeAX

Yup the story before the game starts is cliche but it will develop into something less cliche, at least that's what I hope.

I also forgot to mention that you can make your own choices at important events, maybe I'll add that system on sidequests too. A number will be added on a variable and at the end, depending on which variable has a higher number, the final boss and the ending will change.

14 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:55 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I don't believe in overarching stories anyway, you'd never be unique if that's what you focused on. Dialogue and character development are the real heart-tuggers.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

15 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:14 pm

RomeAX

It'll be only two endings and the choices you make won't have a huge impact on the story until the end. So basically the choices will only change what will happen at the end. It's something simple.

I don't how to explain it, it's kind of like FF13-2 or Skyrim where the choices you made weren't that big of a deal. Not something huge like Mass Effect or Infamous.

16 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks Rome. C:

And I'll see if there's anything I can do to fix that gambler skill for you, but I can't garauntee it.

17 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:59 pm

RomeAX

Believe me I tried to use a bunch of variables and common events and couldn't make them work. Simply because it's not possible for a single skill to either hurt/buff/debuff an enemy or an ally based on a % or critical hit %.

That requires a new script.

18 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:06 am

I was thinking the same thing, actually. O:
I'll fiddle around.

19 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:42 am

RomeAX

So I was working on portraits and realized that I added the cape from another character onto my MC:

Then I was thinking "Dammit I really really want to use portraits, I should try and do something." So I took the Original Portrait of my MC:

(Portrait courtesy of Archeia_Nessiah)

And this dude's cape:

(Credit goes to Archeia_Nessiah too)

Cut it like this:

Added to my MC:

And then I whipped out the brush and worked on it, the results:

(I'm aware there is still some cleaning left to do on the cape. Portrait is not done yet, I need some sleep.)

Which one should I use? The sprite doesn't matter, I can edit it later.

20 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:04 am

Jesse

Left looks better to me.

21 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:50 am

Fuzz94

Left

22 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:56 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Left, but clean up the top-right part of his shoulder (OPV)

Good job, though, this keeps looking awesome.

23 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:05 pm

What Char said, but also clean up the dark outlines that combined the cape to the original dudes green shoulder thing. Should be bottom right side of cape and fill in the bit where it overlaps his neck area. There's a spot where the outline and cape color don't come together for some reason.

Personally, I like the left. Capes normally flow over the armor and shoulders, instead of being caught like theright one.

24 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:39 pm

RomeAX

Update

Last edited by RomeAX on Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)

25 Re: Tales and Folklore: Fate on Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 am

Synister Gates

That title looks neat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum