Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some suggestions for new systems,..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Araknir

Hello everyone! So I make a little suggestion if this system would be possible, I begin the explications : So; this is a system of surrender. In this system; when a enemy is encercled of allies ; a new command is disponible for all units around the enemy. And the enemy is only surrenderable if the word SURRENDER is in the event name (like the system for Boss or Item). When a surrender is possible; a dialogue could occur. And it will be cool to have a option to adjust if the enemy must be in low health or not.
When a unit surrender; the unit is simply in the players team.

Also; all teams can do that; with every characters with SURRENDER in their names. The dialog is optionnal for every teams. (the option per default will be only the player get a dialog with unique enemy; like boss)

And I am curious about one thing; when the Fexp engine will be complete? (the scripts; I know the animations take some times Smile)
Oh and; if a logiciel to convert the sprite into the Fexp format exist (class, faces..); I would like to have it. (But I doubt someone maked that.)

And hum..I founded a dossier of mine; where they're all ressources of gba Fire Emblem. (maybe some are missing) so if that can help (I have some custom too; sometimes not finished)
But don't ask where I found that because I don't remember. (In custom; I can site people like Black Knight, Ike, Mist, Boyd, Brammimmond, Greil..) But some are in gif; but I can convert them into jpg if you want.

Last thing, if someone can do a skill that reduce the unit stats (with a - number on the true stats; like a debuff) ; I would be happy Smile

Thanks for all; and keep the good work people Smile

2 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Hi there Araknir, welcome to Klokreations Smile I get the feeling that english isn't your first language, but that's not a problem as we have a few other members that also do not speak english very well.

Idea 1: This is doable, but nobody on this site is a scripter. If you came here hoping that we had taken up the slack on scripting the engine, you would be wrong. While adding a new tag-word (SURRENDER) would be possible, and even adding those map commands would be possible, nobody here has the ability to do so, as far as I know.

2. The engine, quite frankly, may never be complete. We are working here at klokreations (And by "we" I mean "not me precisely but other people currently") to add animations and classes to the engine, as well as new skills, and later on possibly some new tilesets, but scripts are still beyond our abilities.

3. If you have anything you want to add to our community, and you'd like to use our resources, I would love to add you to our dropbox account where you can share what you have with us and vice versa.

4. I think a debuff is already in FEXP. I haven't used it in months and RMXP isn't installed on my computer, so maybe someone else can help you with that.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

3 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:43 pm

Araknir

Thanks Klok' Smile Indeed, that's not my first language! ^^

First; thanks for the answer; I will try to get someone to finish the system and add that.
If I find someone who do that; I will share his script here Smile

Yeah; no problem. I will share that Smile I love being useful :p I have maked some animations/faces in fexp format too ^^

Oh ? I don't remember that. I will go find the skills if he's in Smile

Again, thanks Smile

4 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Klokinator

Admin
After some further searching, there is indeed no debuff in FEXP. There are buffs, which add a green + sign to your character, but no negative debuffs. Try searching for how buffs are displayed in the scripts, reverse engineer them, then reverse how they work to make debuffs, that might help.

5 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 pm

You could actually do the surround = surrender thing with the current version of FEXP, just with eventing.

Do four conditional branches with a 'team in area' script for every adjacent tile to the enemy you're intending to have surrender. Make it so when all those conditions are met, a talk event is added between the enemy unit and all of your units which will do a short dialogue and then just put in the team change script.

The only drawbacks are that the command would show up as 'talk', not 'capture' or anything like that, and that you'd have to only use this with a stationary enemy (capturable bosses, maybe?) or it'd require a lot more effort.

I'll update this post later with the actual scripts you'd need for each event, if you don't already know them.

6 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:07 pm

Araknir

Yeah; I didn't think about event. I'm a good eventmaker but for using some script into the event..
And yeah; that's good; I don't have any use for the no-stationary enemy now; so that's not a problem.

And am I the only one who have a bug when I enable the level up promotion?

7 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:23 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Yeah the promotional level up doesn't work in FEXP. It's not a bug, it just doesn't work/was never programmed in. There's quite a lot that seems like it's there (Supports, editable weapon ranges, etc) but actually isn't.

8 Re: Some suggestions for new systems,.. on Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Araknir

Oh ok; I thinked just the base was missing. Someday; I will learn the ruby..

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum