Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:46 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I was reading a comment about ragefest, and being one of those people who does not try and mess with the math parts of FEXP (particularly anything related to critical systems, such as the RNG and other battle calculations) I have no idea how doable this would be.

I think that making a ragefest where the enemies have a small amount of critrate, and rigging the RNG to always register a critical hit if the Chance% is 1, would be sadistic. Imagine the hilarity as Marc tries to figure out why these damn enemies seem to always critical him at the 1% mark, then revealing later on the RNG was rigged. I think it has a lot of potential, and it might even be easily doable too.

Any ideas?

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

2 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Jesse

I think that's more of rigging it to have a 0 or a 1, where 1 is not a percentile, but a decimal as in 1.00 or 100 percent, and 0 has no chance, if that makes sense, and I believe, if I'm not mistaken, that Char(?) may have used something similar in her ragefest entry.

3 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:05 pm

L95

The other ragefest could probably be done by making the RNG always roll a zero. This is a tad different.

Something along the lines if the percent is one it always rolls zero, but I know nothing of programming.

4 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I want 2-99% to be a random chance of activating crits/hits as usual, 1 and 100% to be guaranteed activations, and 0 to be guaranteed non-activations, if that makes sense. It's nothing like char's ragefest, for the most part.

5 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:42 pm

Jesse

if the percent is one it always rolls zero
And there's a big difference there?

@Klok: That makes sense now. Unfortunately I can't give an answer.

6 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:00 pm

L95

I'd like to note, by rolling a zero I meant it crits. As the number rolled has to be less than the display to activate.

7 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:44 pm

Didn't someone already do this 1% = guaranteed crit thing for Ragefest, Klok? I think MJ said it was his favorite submission of all time.

8 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Jesse

It's not the same thing Klok's trying to do. That was 1=100%; 0=0%. There wasn't any in between. Klok's just trying to turn 1 to 100 and leave all the other values the same.

9 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Exactly. It's identical to standard vanilla RNG, but 1% now is a guaranteed critical hit. (For kicks, a few other % marks should be 100% also, like 9%, 13% and maybe 18%.)

10 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:13 am

Charlotte

Chick
And would you count on a lot of enemies having 1%s? I thought of doing something similar, but it'd just multiply critical rates under 11 by 10 (so 1% would be 10%, and 10% would be 100%)

As for what you're thinking of, I think it'd be easier to, instead of rigging the rng, rig the formula. When the game normally asks for a random number to determine if is_crit, first ask it if the unit's critical hit rate is 1. If it is, it's a critical. Else run the normal routine.

Unfortunately, I can't test this for you :X

11 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Just wondering if it was possible. And yes, I'd balance enemy and player stats so that getting a 1% for the enemy would actually be fairly common.

Here's another RN rigging idea: Reversed RNG for any team that isn't player controlled. In this case, 1 would be 100%, and 100 would be 0%. This way, the player would start, see the enemy with low visible Hitrate (but high critrate so that the enemy isn't OP, maybe boost their crit through other means) and then suddenly getting hit by 10 and 11%'s constantly, while their own 10 and 11%'s would be constant misses.

Dunno, I think that idea would be even more trolly.

12 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:08 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Klokinator wrote:Here's another RN rigging idea: Reversed RNG for any team that isn't player controlled. In this case, 1 would be 100%, and 100 would be 0%. This way, the player would start, see the enemy with low visible Hitrate (but high critrate so that the enemy isn't OP, maybe boost their crit through other means) and then suddenly getting hit by 10 and 11%'s constantly, while their own 10 and 11%'s would be constant misses.

Dunno, I think that idea would be even more trolly.
Already done it, I can send you the unfinished sequel to my ragefest if you want to see how I did it.

(I can't imagine it was anything complicated, but I can't remember how I did it right now <_<)

13 Re: Rigging the RNG in FEXP /Concept/ on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:12 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I probably won't get into it myself, but the thought of trying your unfinished sequel sounds REALLY appealing.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum