Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Divinitas

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:35 am

Jesse

You did translate that right, but I'm not sure if "HUD" is even the right term since only part of the display was changed
It was just easier to use the term HUD than to translate HP gauge/bar.

And eewww imageshack. (it and I have a complicated history)

52 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:06 am

... I just thought of something REALLY cool I could do.
Say there's a really important boss fight...
Put in an event that triggers when your Lord unit steps into one of four squares next to the boss. The event changes both the Lord's and the Bosses classes to a seemingly identical class, but with much longer, synchronized attack animations that when played together, make up a really awesome joint battle animation.

Something like this:
http://www.fe-online.co.uk/gallery/albums/userpics/10215/Finish.gif

And then as soon as the boss dies, change the classes back. It'd just be a really nice, flashy surprise for a pivotal part of the game's story.

53 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Jesse

I've seen that sooooo many times before. Too bad that was just a .gif. I have no idea how you'd pull that off in FEXP.

54 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:07 pm

I just told you how you could do it in FEXP, silly!
And when you say you've seen that before, do you mean the image I posted, or the actual technique I'm talking about? I wouldn't wanna do it if it's overdone.

55 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:20 pm

Jesse

The image. And I meant SCRIPT-wise. (sorry for not clarifying) Eventing can be a pain after a while, despite the fact that it's not as complicated as scripting.

56 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:23 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Oh that's easy enough, even I could do it. That being said, it would have to be for specific units only.

The trick though, is taking one animation and playing it for both sides, and hiding the opponent's sprite during the animation.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

57 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Yeah, I thought of that shortly after I made that post. You could just make the opponent's sprite transparent, and have the changed-class version of your unit's sprite contain both his sprite and the opponent's.

You would HAVE to make sure the opponent dies from the first hit, though. Otherwise, when it switches over to his turn to attack, there's just no way to make him visible, and definitely no way to make it as flashy as that first attack. Finding a way to guarantee a criticial would be helpful here.

58 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:27 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Just make an invisible script that makes your unit have x100 effectiveness and 100 hitrate against the opponent, probably a skill or something. I considered doing something like this in GW but due to time constraints was unable to.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

59 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:38 pm

Jesse

Have the Boss with the skill to give the Lord the x100 and 100 hitrate if the two battle. It might be easier than having the lord with the skill.

60 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:56 pm

The only issue with that is that players would be able to see the Lord now has 100 crit and 100 hit, which might ruin the outcome of the battle. It's a really minor cosmetic issue but still, I wish there was a way to guarantee a crit without actually visibly increasing the displayed crit chance.

Also, if you're replacing the two units' classes to get the flashy sprite animation, that makes giving the lord/boss a +100crit and hit skill even simpler. You could just have that substitute class automatically know the skill.

61 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Temporarily give them a skill that automatically turns on is_crit?

But really, doing something like that, you may as well give your unit a skill that massively increases critical and damage. If the player hasn't been using their Lord unit, it's very possible that a critical could hardly dent a major boss.

62 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:11 pm

I have a request.

Could somebody give me a script, or otherwise help me write a script, that would save the current level, experience, HP, str, skl, spd, etc and items of a unit in a way that could then be used if the player dies, to reset that unit back to those exact stats?

With my current improvised save system, you keep any level-ups, experience gains or items you got from the level before dying, after you die. This is a problem because you could potentially exploit it to get infinite copies of a desirable item, like a stat booster. The experience/levelups thing isn't such a big issue, because it means players are never 100% stuck - they can just grind the level until they can beat, in the worse case scenario.

A script that only saves what items the unit is currently carrying and nothing else would also be extremely helpful on its own, as saving the other stats isn't entirely necessary at this point.

63 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:06 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Wait, I'm not sure what you're asking for. The game saves stats and items, and you want it to save stats and items, but it doesn't already do that?

64 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:33 pm

I'll put it this way.

This is how the game currently works:

You go into a dungeon with Flynn and Caelen. You open a chest and get a Javelin. Caelen kills 5 guys and levels up, gaining 1 strength and 1 speed. Flynn gets ganked and dies. Game over. Game restarts you at the beginning of the dungeon.
Flynn still has that Javelin, and Caelen has kept the effects of that 1 strength 1 speed level up.
You can get an infinite number of Javelin's so long as you keep dying after you get them.

This is how I want the game to work:
You go into a dungeon with Flynn and Caelen, but as you do, an event immediately saves both of your units' current stats, levels and item loadouts. The same things happen as they did before - you get the javelin, Caelen levels up - but when you die and the level restarts, an event runs a script that resets both characters to the exact stats and loadouts they had at the beginning of the dungeon.
Flynn no longer has the Javelin, and Caelen is back at the level she started at.

I hope that makes sense. I've tried just setting variables for stats, then setting an actor's stat to 0 before adding the variable to the correlating stat, but for some inexplicable reason, this only works with EXP, level, and max HP. Not str, skl, spd, def, res or luk. I imagine you could probably achieve an identical effect with a script built into the engine by Yeti, but I just don't know the scripts. That's essentially what I'm asking for.

65 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Ohhh I see what you mean. Is the way you make the player restart the dungeon by deleting whatever suspend they had and loading their permanent save? It should be, though I don't know the exact ins and outs of your save script, but I think that should work.

66 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:58 pm

Nope. I literally just send them back to the chapter transition, which resets the maps (but not the character stats/items, thus the problem). This problem arises specifically because I haven't found a way to implement a permanent save. I tried RD's save system but it seems like all that does is act as a bugged suspend function, as trying to load your save after dying will just take you back to the exact moment at which you died, forcing you to start over.

67 Re: Divinitas on Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Oh right, maybe since I'm not working on FEXP you can try making the save system I was working on? You might have better luck with it than I did. Though I don't know if it'll exactly serve your other save-game needs, but...

So for my system, you use two of the RD "Suspends", but you call one of them a normal save. This save, unlike suspends, does not create after every move--it only gets called from an event during the chapter transition. That way, if the player dies, they can Resume Chapter to watch themselves dying like in GBAFE, but they can Restart Chapter, and that should do what you want.

68 Re: Divinitas on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:42 pm

Jesse

Since I haven't posted an update in a while, and I've kind of slowed in production...*hesitates*

When she's finished, it'll be Caelen. Please be gentle on the criticism, because everything from the neck downwards is custom drawn, outside of the shoulder pad. I need some serious help with the arms, and I tried making her not too busty, but in the process, I may have screwed up the structure. I don't know. I don't go around staring at girls' boobs 24/7. I'm not that kind of guy. Anyone willing to help fix her anatomical problems may do so. (i.e.: her overly square shoulder, her poorly shaded arm, and anything already mentioned.) If I missed some shading or something somewhere, pease forgive me.

EDIT: I also need an opinion on which color is best. I'm personally leaning more toward either the yellow-gold or the light gray/silver.

69 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:43 am

Fuzz94

I feel like the breasts are a little low, and should be a bit larger (not in a perverted sense but she's at least 18, and should be a bit larger)

70 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:07 am

It's shaping up pretty good so far, Jesse! I appreciate it, as always.
If you're looking for input, though, I will say this: while the full-customed parts ARE well done, I feel like she may be too lightly-armored, even for an archer. The shoulderpad looks great, and her overall body structure isn't bad either, I just wish she had a leather jerkin or a shouldercape or something rather than a plain tunic. But I imagine changing that now could be a hassle.

71 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:28 am

Jesse

I feel like the breasts are a little low, and should be a bit larger (not in a perverted sense but she's at least 18, and should be a bit larger)
Erm...well...as I said, I don't tend to stare. I just know that they're there. And she's also not supposed to be human, so tiny breasts could be normal. If someone like Mew or Char or Yoshi or someone with a little more spriting experience could fix that, it would be much appreciated.
If you're looking for input, though, I will say this: while the full-customed parts ARE well done, I feel like she may be too lightly-armored, even for an archer. The shoulderpad looks great, and her overall body structure isn't bad either, I just wish she had a leather jerkin or a shouldercape or something rather than a plain tunic. But I imagine changing that now could be a hassle.
I'll be spicing up her design when I get the current problems fixed. Trust me.

72 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:30 am

I'll be spicing up her design when I get the current problems fixed. Trust me.
Ah, alright, good to hear!
If someone like Mew or Char or Yoshi or someone with a little more spriting experience could fix that, it would be much appreciated.
I got a mental image of a spriter stopping periodically to stare at their own cleavage before continuing.
Hilarious.

73 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:14 am

Mercenary Lord

Yes, yoshi always stares at his cleavage. :3

http://www.klokreations.net

74 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Jesse

Wait, Yoshi has cleavage?

I just figured he'd be staring at Mew's the whole time, but whatever works. XD

75 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:15 pm

Fuzz94

Jesse, I know you said you don't stare at girls' boobs all of the time, but she looks like she's 12 or something lol. Reference some other FC half bodies or the FE9/10 half bodies for the anatomy. (I'll link you to some stuff if you want.)

76 Re: Divinitas on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Jesse

And she's also not supposed to be human
Did you miss this part? Her race is kind of like an elf, though not exactly, so if Risky's okay with the size then there's no need to continue on about this.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum