Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Two Year Anniversary!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Well guys, it's December 28th again, and that means it's the two year anniversary of our forum's life! Well, not Klokreations specifically, but starting from our first forum, then the second, then this one, we've been around for exactly two years.

Forum activity, of course, varies as time passes, but there's no bad way of saying that we've had a great second year, and easily better than our first! With about 9,500 posts on the forum, and a record month of (As of this post) just under 800 posts for the month, we are not dying anytime soon. As an added bonus, since I'm in college now I will be online much more often than I was earlier this year, due to more readily available internet. I mean let's be honest, I tend to carry this forum with my posts a lot.

However, this brings up a concern we should address for next year: My activity.

I really do post a lot on this forum. My closest competitor for posts is MercLord and everyone else is thousands of posts behind me. I really enjoy posting, I love talking and chatting with my friends, but there are times when I wonder about everyone else's sanity.

Spoiler:

Looking at this image, it's plain to see how much I carry this forum. I hear a lot of complaints like "Yeah this forum is active, but only with a few threads..." yet every thread started lasts a lot of posts. Counting the thread I'm making now, I'll own almost exactly 50% of the threads made on this site. I don't want to be the only person posting threads, guys. If this trend keeps up, soon I'll own 75% or even 90% of the threads made on this site. My point is, you are free to make threads too! On top of not making new people see a wall of green in the "Topic starter" side of the forum, you help me carry the forum along. You help the forum stay and exist. You are a tangible part of its existence.

As for how busy we were this year, this should give you some insights.

Spoiler:

December was our record breaking month this year, thanks in part to my constantly being online now that I'm home for winter break. Between the counting game, and Rin's version of the counting game, I'd say most of those posts were also attributed to those topics.

As someone who might just love a job in statistics analysis, I just love breaking down the numbers for everyone else. Last year, at this same time, our posts were a strange opposite of what they were this year. Last year our busiest months were May, June, and July, whereas this year they're among our least busy months. Mostly because I started going to job corps around that time, that's why the posts were so bad. August always seems to be a good month for us, pretty solid for two years in a row.

It's actually kinda scary to me how the activity of this forum largely relies on my presence. I always enjoy leaving for a couple days and coming back to find a hundred new posts, but that actually happens rarely. Most of the time our busy days here are my busy days here. I'm not the only interesting person here yanno, you guys could try talking with each other Razz

Now for less technical things. We have some new site icons, the glowing flame was made by MercLord, though I may swap to a red variant if the notion occurs to me. I heard that Resource Dragon also has a new banner being made for us, so there's that too. I'm looking forward to editing and tweaking the forum to be even more customized as well, so look forward to that.

I have a new project in the works, the Phoenix Saga Visual Novel! Of course, as always there's never a guarantee it'll be finished, but it's still a fun way to pass the time! And it's a new media format so I do enjoy tinkering around with those.

For all you new members, this forum does have a linked dropbox account with all of our FEXP projects made by me and the other regular members, so if you want to get access to it, shoot me a pm! However, I'd like to state that using our material requires contributing your own. If you plan to use our resources, we expect you to share yours as well. If you don't know how dropbox works, we're happy to explain as we've used it successfully for two years now and we've never had any problems with it. (Well it's a bit slow occasionally but other than that fact... Razz)

FEXP continues to grow, albeit a bit more slowly than one would hope. Boo Mansion is currently the man of the hour, adding new animations and even a few handy scripts to his copy of FEXP, which he shares with us over the dropbox. Since I'm largely not a big part of the FEXP scene for now (While I sort out that pesky glitch with RMVX Ace) he and Charlotte are the "man of the hour", so to speak. (Sorry for the gender confusion Char.)

Other than that, I hear Yoshi and Mew get along fashionably, a baby on the way and he already popped the question! Such romance! Such intrigue! And they met on this site! I'm such a proud sugar daddy! Exclamation mark!

I hope we have another exciting year and make lots of progress on our projects and hobbies! Have fun guys!

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

2 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:17 pm

Fuzz94

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAvent even been here a year, but i love dis place more den any other forum.

3 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:19 pm

Magix430

YAAHHH I think I was here for a year.... Idk

EDIT: Exactly a year

4 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Primefusion

Admin
I'd like to think that the Klokreations Olympics went pretty well and you weren't even very active for that, Klok.

They could go even better if the remaining judges kept on top of their contests!

We don't make topics that often because we don't wear our mind on our sleeve like you.

5 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Optimus wrote:
We don't make topics that often because we don't wear our mind on our sleeve like you.
You're a cold bastard, prime. That's why you're the second in command.

6 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Magix430

That's why ok

7 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:06 pm

Mercenary Lord

Hooray for 2 yrs woooo

http://www.klokreations.net

8 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Jesse

Does this mean that the baby will be a green Mew with a turtle shell?

9 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:24 am

Boy oh boy. What a time we've had.....

Remember all the great times we've had? Very Happy

(no response)..

Remember all the mediocre times we've had..?

10 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:42 am

Klokinator

Admin
Oh, we ended up having 1079 posts for december. We demolished the previous record, no contest.

11 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:01 am

GypsyGrifter

Now just think, since everyone's going back to school/work now, January will have the lowest post count in history.

12 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:34 am

Klokinator

Admin
Hahahahahahahahahaa!!!!!

Probably right.

13 Re: The Two Year Anniversary! on Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Jesse

Yeah, I'll definitely be having lower post count for this month, at least. School's going to give me alot to do for a bit.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum