Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blindness VS Deafness

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:24 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I played Katawa shoujo again, this time focusing on Lilly's route and Shizune's route, and I was struck with a question; What would be worse, being blind, or being deaf? Since I figure that those born with it are likely to adapt at an early age, as it's their normal, I prefer wondering which one is worse to get at a later age, like in your 20's.

Assuming some accident made you either 100% deaf or 100% blind, which do you think would be worse, and why?

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

2 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Fuzz94

Well being blind would prevent me from looking at Klok's sexy body, but being deaf would prevent Klok from talking dirty to me.

Not sure how serious this discussion is supposed to be, but if you dont want to see a true heart felt answer, dont read this.
Spoiler:

In reality, I think blindness would effect my life more than being deaf because you need help walking through your house and shit. However as a person who loves music, not being able to listen to music would suck hard.

The only problem i would have with deafness would be music and communicating with people around me.

However being blind I would need help traveling everywhere, would have to learn everything just from being told, not looking, which I'm better at. I'd be nothing but a detriment to my friends family. The other thing with being blind is not being able to see the beauties of life, such as the ocean, sunsets, nature scenes, and whatever else. I'd lose complete connection from all of and everyone else online, unless I had someone read posts to me and type for me.

Above all else, I would never be able to look at a beautiful girl. On some real shit, that would probably be the worst. And I dont mean "DAMN YO CHECK OUT HER TITS AND ASS!!!" I mean like, a girl who just takes your breath away, through appearance and personality. I could know WHO she was, but I wouldn't get to look at her smile and such. (yeah I'm sentimental and appreciate the little things life what ever.

3 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:53 pm

Mercenary Lord

I would rather be blind. I would become like daredevil and just fuckin waste crime. Plus, I move around with my eyes shut a crap-ton already, so it wouldn't be too different.

Basically, I would develop my third eye and just see psychically.

However, if you want the more immediate answer, it would be deafness. There is technology to allow deaf people to hear now, so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsOo3jzkhYA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6RNWB7N4VQ

http://www.klokreations.net

4 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Fuzz nailed down my thoughts pretty accurately. I love the sound of music a lot, it is really the most emotional and gripping part of any movie. Not being able to hear music ever again would be a sad day. Then again, I need vision to write, to use a computer, to play games, to look at girls and to really enjoy the colors and wonder of life. Being born blind is truly a pity and I wish there was some way of restoring a person's vision so they could experience life with their best sense.

Here's another idea, what if instead of losing your sense of hearing/vision, you lost your sense of touch? And by touch, I mean all sensations in your body. You could still use your limbs, but you'd be unable to tell if you were hurt, if you were touching or not touching anything, you'd lose all your physical sexual aspects, I'm really not sure if this would truly be the worst of the three or not.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

5 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:06 pm

Mercenary Lord

There are people like that, actually.

Personally, I wouldn't mind losing my sense of TASTE. Sure, I would lose the good tastes, but it would make eating healthier a hell of a lot easier.

http://www.klokreations.net

6 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:52 pm

Jesse

XD

I really don't know which I'd rather have happen. Considering music is my life, I might go nuts without it. However, not being able to see would also keep me from contacting you people.

Honestly, if I could pick any one scent to do away with, it would be my sense of smell. I don't need to know how bad I smell to know that I need a shower. I hate it when I feel like Ive got grime and sweat all over me. It's just the nastiest feeling in the world. The biggest bright side would be getting on the bus with this kid who thinks that taking showers and wearing deoderant is something done on rare occasions and not having to smell him. That kid reeks something awful.

However, that would likely dull my sense of taste as well, which is a wonderful thing at school, but at home (where I have good food) it would suck.

7 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:55 pm

Yoshi

Admin
IF I COULDN'T SEE, I'D NEVER JOIN A FORUM OR MEET MEW.

Enough said.

8 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:06 pm

Magix430

I'd rather die.

But if I had to live, I'd prefer to be blind. I can't stand not living without music...and even if you're blind you do typically rely on your ears and general sense of the world...

If you were deaf, seeing things float around and colors and whatnot.. It might be something to miss, but not as much as the true emotional color of music..

Basically: I'd rather listen to music for 24 hours than study Picasso for 24 hours

9 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Mew

Chick
I'm not a big music person, I seem to be slightly hard of hearing, and I watch movies with captions on anyway, I'm already on my way there. I think losing my eyesight would be extremely traumatic in comparison, for obvious reasons, lol visual artist.

I guess having to reassess my life would be interesting though, in way of becoming blind. IDK. Either way Yoshi would still love me <4

http://www.margosikes.com

10 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:00 pm

Actually, they've got things to get hearing back -- to some degree -- AND an eye thing that they can put in an eye to let you see out of a tiny camera in it, which sends the image to your brain the way an eye would. The issue is that it's really pixelly and black and white, but they're working on better models. I haven't been keeping up with it, though, so I'm not sure if this new thing is widely known yet, especially as last I heard, it was going through the test phases were they offer it as experimental and free surgery.

I'd personally prefer to be deaf. I love music and stuff, but atleast I can watch a movie with subtitles.

11 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:25 pm

Magix430

Hee. I can play a variety of piano music eyes shut so I think I'm good

12 Re: Blindness VS Deafness on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 pm

RomeAX

Even though both suck, if I had to choose I'd prefer to deaf.

I like listening to music but it doesn't entertain me as much as video games, sports, messing around with electronics, etc. Also pretty much what Fuzz said.

Edit:
Here's another idea, what if instead of losing your sense of hearing/vision, you lost your sense of touch? And by touch, I mean all sensations in your body. You could still use your limbs, but you'd be unable to tell if you were hurt, if you were touching or not touching anything, you'd lose all your physical sexual aspects, I'm really not sure if this would truly be the worst of the three or not.

I have heard about a condition like this, people who can't feel pain. It's really dangerous and many tend to die young due to infections on wounds they didn't notice.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum