Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coping with Death

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Fuzz94

WARNING: This story is very sad so if you don't feel like reading something depressing, hit the back button.

So yesterday one of my childhood friends, Albert, was playing in a basketball scrimmage. He stepped off to the side of the court and collapsed and started having a seizure. Some students in the athletic training program and some other students quickly went to help him. The EMS came and rushed him to the hospital. On the way there and on the floor of the gym, he would lose his pulse and then get it back periodically. He got to the hospital and was rushed to intensive care, where he died.

Earlier in the year, another one of my classmates passed away, but she was a little more focused on one group of friends and was not as connected to as many people as Albert. Albert was the kind of kid that made sure he said hello to just about everyone he saw in the hall way. He was a basketball player to the core. He was very tall, and was pretty wide when we were younger until about a year ago. All he did the past year was work out to make himself better for basketball. He probably lost about 70 pounds in the last year from working out.

I've known Albert since kindergarten, and he was always a good friend. He could always make a person laugh and always put a smile on your face. In about 6th grade, Albert became one of my closest friends. There was a group of 6 of us that hung out almost everyday, and it stayed like that through 7th grade. In 8th grade we didn't see as much of him, but he was still a good friend of mine. Even though the whole group kinda went separate ways when we went to high school, I still always said hi to him in the halls, and hung out with him occasionally. Although he wasn't on the team, I played lots of pick-up football games with him. I started a league sophomore year, and he was on the other team. He was about 6' 5'', 300 lbs and black. It was almost impossible to stop him once he got the ball in his hands and we always something to worry about each game.

Most of the deaths I've dealt with in my life were old family members that were on their way to death. One year my dad's best friend/my neighbor up the street died which was pretty bad, and then my next-door neighbor died a few weeks later. Unfortunately I wasn't very close to the girl that died earlier this year, but I did go to school with her since 3rd grade. I've never had to experience something like this before. Burying one of my old homies isn't something I thought I would have to do for another 30 years at the very least.

Anyway my interest and activity will probably be low because of this so I figured I'd share this with you guys since you are my friends technically.

RIP Albert

2 Re: Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:21 pm

Mercenary Lord

I'm glad I classify as your friend.

I'm not used to saying sorry, but I feel for you. A person in my school died suddenly, and mysteriously, I didn't know him personally, but the atmosphere in school was the same.

I hope you feel better.

http://www.klokreations.net

3 Re: Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:14 pm

I'd hug you, but I don't know if you'd consider that weird. :k

4 Re: Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:37 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Talking about it is the first step to coping. Don't let emotions and thoughts stay inside or they'll eat at you from within.
Next time you play ball, do it for Albert. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to be depressed and would want you to keep moving forward.

5 Re: Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:38 pm

RomeAX

Prime said exactly what I was going to say. Let your emotions out and when you're ready move forward. Every time you remember your friend, do so with a smile.

Internet hugs, internet broski.

6 Re: Coping with Death on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:38 pm

Fuzz94

@ML yes i dont come on this site for anything other than to talk to all of you so you're all my friends for the most part, even though i like some more than others. And thanks

@Rin, umm, thanks

@Prime yeah all ive been doing the past day was talk. It felt great to reconnect with some old friends. And yeah I'll ball for him next time.

@Rome thanks alot dude. Internet brofist

7 Re: Coping with Death on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:29 am

Magix430

I hope you feel better~

8 Re: Coping with Death on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:08 pm

Jesse

Honestly, after what Prime said, I don't know anything to say other than if you need someone to talk to about anything, then I'll be more than happy to listen. As he said, keeping it inside is far from healthy.

I feel for you though. I've seen people in my school die almost every year (except last year, though alot of bad stuff happened, and this year no one has died yet, and hopefully that will stay that way.). It's sad that it always seems to be the popular folk, but death is a natural part of life. We just have to accept it for what it is and do what we can to move on. Those who pass away will always live on in memory.

I know this all sounds cheesy and probably is not very helpful, but if nothing else, just remember that everyone here will do what we can for each other. We're a lot more caring than most forums out there, and most of us are capable of empathy toward one situation or another. All of us have our hard times, and we all need someone to speak to in those times. I think that in some ways, that is what has kept this forum together more than anything.

9 Re: Coping with Death on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:32 pm

Fuzz94

honestly jesse, you just restored my faith in humanity. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of someone really caring about people they met over the internet like that, but you are right this forum is a bit more than just a forum. Everyone kinda knows everyone else and knows a lot about them. (Personally I think I've shared a bit too much with this and dealing with the struggles of my love life earlier in the year.) But that's what I like about you guys, you all are like, my friends, not just an avatar, a name and some words.

I've been feeling a lot better thanks everyone I really appreciate it.

10 Re: Coping with Death on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:43 pm

Mew

Chick
yeah, I must admit I wasn't really sure how to respond to this either, Prime kinda gave the perfect answer there

but you know I'll listen if you have anything to say, I got yo back, girl problems or life ones. Jesse is right about us, I think all of us generally have the same attitude, being fun yet having the ability to realize when we need to be serious if someone needs to talk about something!

http://www.margosikes.com

11 Re: Coping with Death on Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:57 pm

Fuzz94

I was thinking about posting this on some of the other forums but decided against it because I knew it wouldn't matter. Even when I told the rest of Squad 76 2 guys didn't say anything about it all.

I really love hangin out here on line. I know I can always turn to someone here for help.

Especially you mew because I have never seen you in person in my life and you've helped me deal with a lot of shit in the past 6 months or so.

12 Re: Coping with Death on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:28 pm

Jesse

I'm glad we can all be here for you. c:

13 Re: Coping with Death on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:54 pm

L95

Oh, wow that sucks... :C

I... don't know what to say, most of the others have said something I would've.

...Uh.

Hugs?

14 Re: Coping with Death on Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:10 pm

Mercenary Lord

Hugs indeed.

I can't say too much, but I'll listen to your problems if you ever want to talk to me. Smile

http://www.klokreations.net

15 Re: Coping with Death on Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:19 pm

Fuzz94

thanks everyone. it means a lot more than you think

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum