Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jaeger's Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:28 am

Von Jaeger

Figured I may have a few more questions, no reason to spam topics if I can just do it in one go.

Is there a way to adjust the size of FEXP's window? If so, how?
I remember seeing it somewhere but I just can't recall how its done.

2 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Klokinator

Admin
It's based on a certain number of 32x32 tiles up and down divided by two, for a window size of 320x192 or 640x384 at 2x zoom. Find out where to edit the number of tiles displayed in the script section of the editor and you have your answer.

I don't actually know where to find that, myself.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

3 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:19 pm

Charlotte

Chick
System Config doop

4 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:24 pm

felix198

Yeah, tried that but it doesn't work like you'd think. It widens the window but doesn't widen the actual game. It does let you see more of a map though.

Ends up doing something like this. in the game

Or this at the title screen

I suppose if you wanted to edit the shit out of the window screens and whatnot you could, but that'd take quite a bit of work I think...

5 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:29 pm

Charlotte

Chick
That works exactly like you'd think. What else would you do to "adjust the size of FEXP's window"?

If you want to zoom in or out or something, that's in the System Config too, but it's awful limiting in that you should really stick to whole numbers.

Also, fancy GUI.

6 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:45 pm

felix198

Charlotte wrote:Also, fancy GUI.

And sorry I didn't mean it that way, when I wanted to change the window size myself I wanted it to zoom in at the same time (like with a rom). I guess I assumed the question was about keeping the dimensions of the game as well as well as changing the size of the window.

7 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:48 am

Charlotte

Chick
Oh yeah there's the zoom tool for that, but no matter what you set there, I'm pretty sure the player can readjust it.

8 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:39 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I always have my zoom set to 2, though 2.5 would be my preferred size.

9 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:30 am

Von Jaeger

Thanks for the help. I'm fairly certain my friend figured it out.

He and I were wondering about a few other questions, more so something to spur on ideas as opposed to legitimate solutions. He's not quite sure how to do it but we were hoping if you guys would have a few ideas regarding stuff like:

- Individual gold system, a la FE4. We were hoping to try and make gold similar to FE4 in that individual characters have their money, as opposed to community money. He's not sure how to code it in so he has me to see if you guys had any ideas.

- Gaidens and the addition of such. Such as making specific requirements so as to access the gaiden (similar to the requirements for 19xx in FE7).

- Talking and items. As in, in FE4 where you can talk to your lover sometimes and get items or stat boosts? Was wondering on how something like that could be accomplished.

Not trying to get exact solutions if they don't exist but hopefully conversation can benefit not only us but other people as well. Thanks for all of the help thus far guys, its been really nice.

10 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:13 pm

Mercenary Lord

I'm sure anything is possible, it's just a matter of having the coding skills to do it.

http://www.klokreations.net

11 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:01 pm

Charlotte

Chick
All of those sound possible, I think.

Individual gold: this would not be easy. But if you tell me how you want it (like, where on the unit stat screen would gold be?), I might try and give it a shot (but don't get your hopes up!)

Gaidens could be easier, but only if you can figure out how to string chapters together in the first place. Just make certain things (if a unit talks with a certain unit or when the chapter ends if the current turn is less than X) turn on a switch, then check the switch, and if it's 1 or True or On or whatever, move to the gaiden chapter change map.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with events, but I'm pretty sure if you stick a getting item event at the end of a normal talking event, it ought to work. Otherwise you could probably use a modification of the village system.

(Sorry if this was, like, really unhelpful)

12 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:50 am

Von Jaeger

Mainly concerned about the gold thing because I think we can figure out events and items well enough. More wanted clarifications on those as opposed to anything else.

As for the gold, anywhere is fine. It really doesn't matter where it goes. Wherever you think would look the best or would prefer or anything. Makes absolutely no difference to me. And if you can't figure it out, don't worry - I appreciate the effort regardless.

13 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:43 am

Charlotte

Chick
Wherever I think would look best? Actually, I guess the problem with that is that I see nowhere it could fit unless you make it an item (which might be easiest, especially for trading) or take out another stat.

14 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:54 am

Von Jaeger

On the second and third unit screens, there's a bit of empty horizontal space where a section for gold could fit; perhaps something could be put in that space?

On a second note, anyone have any ideas on how to do continuous battle music? Similar to RD in that when a battle continues, the music picks up from where it left off?

15 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:01 am

Charlotte

Chick
Oh right my friend had that figured out, I think I'll ask.

And I'll see what I can do with putting gold on another screen (probably not much yet)

16 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:44 am

Klokinator

Admin
Gaidens are very easy and possible to do, just by using conditional events during a chapter and triggering the IF calls at the end of a chapter and linking to a new map. Look in my FEXP guide for how to format an end-chapter event, then link the chapter to an Outro map where it checks to see if a condition was filled and sends you on a different path based on what the call returns.

Tell me if that made no sense.

17 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm

felix198

I'd love a comprehensive list of conditional scripts as well whenever you get that tutorial going again Klok. I only know about 4 right now and they'd be pretty limited when it comes to gaidens.

18 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:20 pm

felix198

After asking around I found the script to give actors items:

actor = $game_actors[1]
actor.gain_item([0,3,46])

Place this after a talk scene in a script. The first is the actor ID, the second specifies the item given.
If you know how items work this isn't new, if not:

The first number is the type of item 0=weapon, 1=item.
The second is the item ID found in the database.
The third is the number of uses.

This example would give an Iron Sword. I haven't Figured out how to display the "Got an Iron
Sword" box with the noise though. Anybody know?

19 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:50 pm

Charlotte

Chick
As for battle music...

..I think that was a GLITCH
and I have no idea how to repeat that
Sorry :/

20 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Von Jaeger

Hacker friend hasn't been able to get online in a few days so I can't tell you what else needs to be done. As for the music, I kinda figured that it'd be improbable. I'm sure its possible but we'll see how that one goes.

21 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I've actually known about the item one since nearly the day we hacked FEXP the second time. That being said, it's unfinished so I didn't use it much.

Ahhhh I've also forgotten nearly everything about FEXP. All I can clearly remember is what is in my notes or when a question makes something resembling a memory bubble to the surface. I reaaaaaally need to get back into it, except, you see, there's this glitch where if you have RMVX Ace and RMXP installed on a pc, only the first one installed will work. Yeah. So since I installed RMVX Ace first, RMXP won't work until I uninstall it. And I dun wanna do that yet :<

22 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:03 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Klokinator wrote:there's this glitch where if you have RMVX Ace and RMXP installed on a pc, only the first one installed will work.
OHHHHH THAT'S WHY. Geez I was wondering for a while. Oh well, I don't want to uninstall RMXP and reinstall it so erm yeah.

23 Re: Jaeger's Questions on Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Jesse

Wait...glitch?

Both work for me just fine. O.o?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum