Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assassin's Tale. (name and story need lots of work.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Fuzz94

With football ending thursday (thanksgiving) I'll finally get back into ROM Hacking. Although I already have Project 76 and Adam's Adventure (me and NYZgamer3's game) ahead of me, I want to do a solo project as well. Why? Because Dimensional Rift was pretty poorly made in almost all aspects and that kinda stuck to my name now. (inb4 I should have listened to klok when he told me to really fix everything so I don't end up as the joke of FEE3.) So I kinda disappeared from everywhere and now I want to come back with something of high quality.

With that out of the way, I'll share the ideas and such I have for my future hack.

First off, it follows the story of a guild of assassins. Lyn's tale consists of 10 chapters as this infamous assassin, who is assisted by a guild. The guild is given small tasks for a few missions, consisting of assassinating a criminal that were never convicted, a bandit lord and a few other corrupt people. They are then the mission to assassinate the king of some country, and when they do, their employer (a noble) turns on them and invades their HQ and kills everyone, except their leader and his young son. Pinned down in his own chambers, the main character makes the bold move of signing a fell contract, even though he already had once before. This causes him to go blind with rage, having strength of unmatchable levels. He goes on a rampage and kills every knight inside the fortress. He is snapped out of his rage when he hears his 3-year-old son's voice. He takes his son and leaves him with a local family and then fleas off into the mountains, never to be seen again.

15 years later his son has grown up and is quite the sword fighter. His foster parents never told him about who his real father was and what he did. When he turned 18, his foster parents told him everything. The rumor was that his real father was killed by the noble and his men, (who is now conveniently king.) Because of how oppressive he has been, resistance groups have been forming. His foster family agree that he and his brother should join the rebellion. With those two reasons as his motivation, he sets off to find a resistance group to join, in hopes of some how killing the king one day.

So is this an overall good idea that I should expand more on, or should I just think of something else?

Mercenary Lord

ASSASSIN'S CREEEEEEEEEED~

I dunno. Could be interesting.

http://www.klokreations.net

Klokinator

Admin
I'm just gonna throw this out there, I've always hated when someone uses Lyn's tale as a precursor to the main tale. It forces the pace to be either too fast or too slow, depending on your writing style. I'd much rather have the whole thing flow together at your own pace, then have it switch tales when YOU want it to.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

Fuzz94

Klokinator wrote:I'm just gonna throw this out there, I've always hated when someone uses Lyn's tale as a precursor to the main tale. It forces the pace to be either too fast or too slow, depending on your writing style. I'd much rather have the whole thing flow together at your own pace, then have it switch tales when YOU want it to.

That's actually something I was thinking about and wasn't sure if it could be done. I think that would work way better and only have it as 3-4 chapters before switching.

Primefusion

Admin
You would just need to use the LYN_ENDING macro or whatever it's called.

I can make a map or two for you if you'd like. Or just critique whoever does your maps.

Fuzz94

i'd like that actually prime. I think I'll go with you making a few once I get started.

To avoid the problem I faced with DR, I think I'll write the plot of the first tale in full detail before i do any hacking.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum