Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magix's Digi Art

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Magix's Digi Art on Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:52 pm

Magix430

I just started using photoshop to create some drawings and this is what I have so far:

Ray Solarius:
for a character named "Ray Solarius". The colors in terms of outlines are not the real colors but instead notifiers for different layers...

I know the proportions are off and I kinda need a bit of help on places where the body can be fixed to make it seem as if he's in "military posture" (back straight, shoulders back, legs shoulder-width apart) at a 3/4 view.

More accurate picture:

2 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm

L95

I know you know proportions are off, but his arm is way too short. Elbow should be just above the hip, and the hand in the middle of the thigh. ( The torso is also too long, so it makes the problem doubly worse) Right now the arm stops at the hip D:

Move his head back a little, maybe? I admit, not the best a proportions, myself.

3 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:23 pm

Mew

Chick
photo reference!

i might also suggest to like, draw shapes instead of the abstract lines that make up a figure. it looks liek you did in the arms but the torso is odd and throws off everything, draw out the perspective of the rib cage/pelvis and see how the arms connect, because skeleton-wise if you were looking at your drawing, he's got a really huge space between the end of his ribs and his pelvis which makes the legs look weird and out of place as a result

i can redline it later if you want to see what i think you should change more directly

http://www.margosikes.com

4 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:59 pm

Magix430

lol i was actually more concentrating on the armor fitting...but i moved on to a larger, more versatile canvas size.

5 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:04 pm

Mew

Chick
Magix430 wrote:I know the proportions are off and I kinda need a bit of help on places where the body can be fixed to make it seem as if he's in "military posture" (back straight, shoulders back, legs shoulder-width apart) at a 3/4 view.

I was just trying to help with something you explicitly asked for? you made no mention of armor fitting. my goodness~ why do I bother?

also you can change the canvas size any time so I kinda don't understand what you mean. o3o

http://www.margosikes.com

6 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:20 pm

L95

Magix430 wrote:lol i was actually more concentrating on the armor fitting...but i moved on to a larger, more versatile canvas size.

If you want to fix the armor, you should fix the proportions first...
If you do the armor first, and then the proportions you'll probably end up needing to redo the armor.

Wat does canvas size have to do with anything?

7 Re: Magix's Digi Art on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm

Magix430

I'm sorryyyy~~ meow I meant that I restarted the image and made the canvas size a bit larger..

I'll show the progress on it in a bit...more scenery based than person based since that's what I realized I've been Working on recently

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum