Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:53 pm

felix198

Alright, so I've been posting art, asking questions and scripting crap, but I haven't bothered to explain what
it's all been for so here goes.

As I'm sure you can all imagine I've been making my own Fire Emblem game. I have tons of artwork I've
drawn on paper, shit loads of names I've either come up with myself or found that have some sort of
significant meaning in mythology/culture/religion/language. And lastly I have the basis of a story line that
for the most part is complete, but will certainly require some editing and changing along the way.

The story so far is reflective of FE4, in both organization and gameplay. Half of the game will revolve around
the parents of later characters or younger versions of characters as they progress in the timeline. The second
half naturally, will involve the children of the previous characters as well as some older characters who were
significantly younger in the first half.

The title, Lords of Nysera, refers to none other than the various Lords who either have dominion over their own
lands. Or to individuals who carry some sort of prescience in the game. The reason for this is their connection
to the 15 deities of the old religion, as each of their descendants carries a bloodline from one of those deities
that represents some inherent aspect of mankind or the world he inhabits.

The deities or gods involved are the following:

Airmid - Faith
Ragnilde - Death
Halvor - Time/Neutrality
Duriin - Earth
Gytha - War
Muron - Day/Sun
Haldora - Night/Moon
Juna - Wind/Nature
Tarius - Change/Chaos
Vanir - Renewal/Destruction
Thurton - Emotions/Vengance
Helja - Justice/Truth
Noma - Life/Peace
Ksathra - Dark
Keitos - Light

Each descendant reflects to a large degree the aspect of their respective deity, whilst retaining the free will
that comes with being mortal and or human. Naturally, each descendant is capable of using a weapon
made by the gods, and only those with a direct bloodline may use it effectively.

Each deity in some manner cancels or offsets another, creating a balance of sorts. In the same manner, should
any descendant attempt to disturb the balance, some other descendant would naturally stop them. The original
deities of the old world, Keitos and Ksathra, are notorious for this, as the two are constantly struggling for power
over the other.

Things that will be/are different than FE4:

-No replacement Units. Because for one it'd be freaky hard to script. And really, who wants to use them anyways?
-No repair system. Unless it's possible to add it in somehow, which would be cool.
-Expanded Legendary Weapons. More weapons, as well as easier means of trading to those who can use them.
-Some the aspects of GBA FE (Rescuing and such).
-All the character names and story obviously (although there are some similarities).

Things meant to resemble FE4

-High stat boost legendary Weapons (Which means way tougher enemies so it's necessary not OP).
-Upgrade at level 20 (Since I never liked scrounging for crests and whatnot)
*Edit* Units will autopromote at level 21
-Large maps and large armies.
*Edit* Larger than GBA maps, not FE4 large. Somewhere in between.
-Stat and skill rings (if possible, I haven't checked yet)
-All the fun weapons like Clipper, Sleep and Elemental swords!
-A similar but more rewarding arena in the pre-battle castle.
-Also a different pre-battle castle adjusted for FEXP.

Well that's the plan. I almost have the first chapter finished, since I finally have enough knowledge to make what
I consider to be a complete chapter comparable to an FE4 chapter. It'll be posted when I'm done! Very Happy

And of course feel free to tell me what you guys think.

Last edited by felix198 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total

2 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:16 pm

Mercenary Lord

For a second there, I thought you said Lord of the Rings. T_T

Looks nifty.

Are those god names Old Norse based?

http://www.klokreations.net

3 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:22 pm

Jesse

Instead of upgrade at level 20, why not play it similar to FE9 where you level to 21 and as soon as you hit 21 you auto-promote to the next class no matter where you are? I believe this would be easier as it's already programmed in with the tier 0 units, I think.

The large chapters worry me. With that, I hope this game doesn't last much longer than FE4 with it and its 10ish(?) chapters. FE4 is a fun game and all, but I never have the patience to get very far at once. Also I'm not sure how well large chapters like that will work, but if you can rig that up, more power to you.

And I'm pretty sure the rings you are talking about would be possible.

Well, other than all of that, I hope this goes well for you.

4 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 pm

felix198

Yeah it's the autolevel deal at 21, couldn't remember if it was 20 or 21. It won't have to be at
the base, since that part was kinda tedious in FE4.

And the long chapters shouldn't be too much of a problem with the save system implemented.

And most of the names are not all norse based, since most were used up in the original games.

5 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:56 pm

Primefusion

Admin
felix198 wrote:
Vanir - Renewal/Destruction
The deities make sense except this one.

Renewal can be likened to 'rebirth' or 'rejuvenate' which is contradictory to destruction.

6 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Jesse

I would say he's kind of like a god of natural cycles of sorts.

What he creates, he usually destroys eventually, then brings it back from the ashes in a cyclic pattern. This is only an assumption, however.

7 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm

felix198

Jesse has got it exactly. I didn't want to put "GOD OF CYCLES" because that's kinda lame.

So if there's a better word for renewal + Destruction I'll use that. Otherwise I'm not sure how I'd word it.

8 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:16 am

Klokinator

Admin
Since I think you're actually working on this game, I'm gonna move this to the actual projects board. The ideas board is just for ideas that you'll never make, but others might.

Also, I really dig mythology.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

9 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:36 pm

felix198

Alright cool.

10 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

felix198

Well I've got 3 midterms next Wednesday so I won't get squat done on my project for the next
week. But at the moment I've got all the eventing finished for the prologue chapter. All I've
got left to do is fix up some animations and figure out how to do battle talks. And maybe throw
in some death quotes and supports for kicks.

11 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:42 pm

Charlotte

Chick
(Random note: When I get unbusy/unbored I'm going to try making a repair script, so you can use that if I make something generally useful)

Also, could you post some art? Pictures are cooler than text IMO and show more progress, even if it's just concept art.

12 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 pm

felix198

Yeah sure, I'll see if I can scan my sketches. I'll post the map I've got done too.

13 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:03 am

felix198

Here's that Map I was talking about. With the starting units and whatnot.

Spoiler:

And I do have a thread in the art section with all my mugs an stuff. But I'll post concept work here.

Last edited by felix198 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

14 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:26 am

felix198

Here's the names of all the legendary weapons and their ties to the Gods.

Spoiler:

From Left to Right:
Lobera - Holy Blade of Airmid
Naegling - Daemon Sabre of Ragnilde
Almace - Eternal Sword of Halvor
Gudbrande - Quake Hammer of Duriin
Sharur - Blood Axe of Gytha
Ascalon - Dawn Spear of Muron
Gierstein - Nightmare Lance of Haldora
Sharanga - Hurricane Bow of Juna
Gandiva - Infinity Bow of Tarius
Celosia - The Flames of Renewal, Tome of Vanir
Mjolnir - The Storms of Vengance, Tome of Thurston
Zephyros - The Winds of Justice, Tome of Helja
Valkoinen - The Abiding Light, Tome of Keitos
Adramalech - The Silencing Dark, Tome of Ksathra
Valhalla - Soul Stave of Noma (not pictured)

Last edited by felix198 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

15 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:52 am

Mercenary Lord

O god you saved them as JPEGs. O_O

http://www.klokreations.net

16 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:44 am

felix198

No, Quick Screen capture saved them as JPEGs. They're PNGs in the FEXP Resources.

17 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 am

Primefusion

Admin
I'm curious as to why you always post work that's zoomed in a bunch. We get a lot more from screens if they're at normal view distance (Like the map and icons).

18 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:55 am

felix198

Well I think I screwed up with the map scree cap. But the icons were originally smaller, but I figured it'd be easier to see any details and colors with the icons zoomed in.

I'll repost a smaller version of the icons (and the map if I figure out what I did wrong).

Also, I'm still pretty new to posting images so I don't really have a gauge of what people prefer.

19 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:03 am

felix198

Alright, re-posted the map and the smaller sprites. Tell me if it's any better too.

20 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:24 am

Jesse

still jpegs...

use gyazo for posting maps like that, and I think it'll turn out better. (I believe it saves them as png's, if I am not mistaken)

21 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:32 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Always save sprites as PNG, is what ML is trying to say. Jpg reduces quality and doesn't save the picture axactly as it was made, which is terrible for 16 color sprites.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

22 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:48 pm

felix198

Oh well for the game they're all PNG files, but when I do screen caps to post pics the program I
use saves them as jpegs (or BMP/GIF).

23 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 pm

Jesse

As I said, use gyazo. Automagically does PNG's

24 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:04 pm

felix198

Yep using gyazo now. Scrapped my old one because it was a hassle anyways.

25 Re: Fire Emblem: Lords of Nysera on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:58 am

Jesse

yays.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum