Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Felix's Questions

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Felix's Questions on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:01 pm

felix198

Alright, so since I'm waiting on help on the Immortal Sword Forum for some questions
I'll post some new ones here.

And since you guys respond quick, I'll ask them one at a time (I do bulk questions at IS)

Alright so how do you add talk scenes?

2 Re: Felix's Questions on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Talk scenes as in large-scale "scenes" or mid-battle conversations?

3 Re: Felix's Questions on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:34 am

felix198

Mid battle scenes. As in, when one character can choose a talk option in the unit window.
I know how to do large scale scenes, as well as how to load a text file during the battle
after a certain turn. But I don't know how to allow a unit to talk and then load a text file
(if that's how it works).

I also don't know how to make a unit recruitable by talking. If that's possible.

4 Re: Felix's Questions on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:14 am

Charlotte

Chick
Oh does your copy of FEXP include the TestMap2? That has examples for talking and recruiting by talking up at the top: Talk - Sword/Axe Man and Recuit - Axe Guy. Just copy those over and fill in the spaces and you should be good!

As for the numbers you change, the Talk event has a comment where the first two spaces are the units talking (their actor IDs) and the third space is the event it triggers (In this case, the recruit event, where $game_map.events[23].team_setup(1) on the second page is what you want to change: the [recruited unit's event ID] and (what team they're changing to, 1 to recruit)

Sorry if some of that was too simple or vague, I'm not familiar with your skill level xP

5 Re: Felix's Questions on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Once I get back in the groove, there'll be a whole section for these type of scenes in my FEXP tutorial. Till then, not really in the groove yet and Char's pretty spot on.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

6 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:36 pm

felix198

Oh sweet I didn't even notice the events in the second test map.
And I'm almost at the skill level to complete a chapter. I just suck with
scripting and events. Or rather, I just don't know of all the events
I can use.

Thanks a ton Charlotte! :]

And how close are you to finishing the eventing tutorial klok?

7 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Haven't added anything to the tutorial for a couple weeks. Been trying to fix my damn laptop situation, which involved buying a nice laptop, having the guy ship it incorrectly and it came to me with a broken screen. I got 4/5ths of my money back and I'm selling it to someone on campus, but everything around me is just a mess >.>

So I haven't worked on the tut much.

8 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:18 pm

felix198

No worries, my laptop died awhile ago and I had to fight for
computer time in my house for a month or so. So I know how
much it sucks. That tutorial is the Coran of FEXP to me so I'm
always excited for an update.

9 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:23 pm

felix198

Alright, new question. How do you add an actor to a map. Not generics but actors that you can
recruit and whatnot. I know the reinforcement event adds existing events to a place on the map
(at least I think that's how it works) but how do you add a new actor that doesn't have an event
id already attached?

10 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:34 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Event ID is just the number of event it is. So if you have 5 events and add another, its ID is 6. (Maybe subtract 1 if it starts at 0, I forget). If you start your map with 40 events, then a recruitable reinforcement comes in, their ID will be 41. Just count.

At least, that's the only way I know :X

11 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:33 pm

felix198

$game_map.add_unit_from_event(10, 1, 8, 9)

This is the script to add a unit right? It only adds it from an existing event (10 in this case I
checked) Is there a different script to add new event? Or do I need to change this one?

12 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:44 pm

felix198

Okay, so I messed around with the test maps and realized the event it uses is a unit
info event not an actual unit. Which is way convenient. But thanks for the help again, as I was
probably going to ask about numbering events anyways.

13 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:03 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Oh hey I have that section added to my tutorial. I'll post the tiny update, here shortly or whatever.

14 Re: Felix's Questions on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:52 pm

felix198

Sure, I think I've got it down now. It'll certainly be useful for anybody new to FEXP.

Will you be including a list of conditional branch scripts in the tutorial eventually? That'd be a
great resource as well.

15 Re: Felix's Questions on Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:55 pm

felix198

Okay, new question:

How do you add battle quotes? Like when a certain character attacks the boss and they have a
conversation before the battle starts.

Also, can people give items after a talk event?

16 Re: Felix's Questions on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:29 pm

Jesse

There should be an example of one of those battle quotes in the default engine. I should think.

If not, someone give the man the dropbox so he can use other people's examples of this shiz.

17 Re: Felix's Questions on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:58 pm

felix198

Yeah I couldn't find one in the default. So I'd like to see the script if someone has it.

18 Re: Felix's Questions on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:00 am

Klokinator

Admin
How do you add battle quotes? Like when a certain character attacks the boss and they have a
conversation before the battle starts.
I used to be able to do this in pre-release FEXP, but Yeti changed some code and now I have no idea. There's also no new example events so your guess is as good as mine.

2nd question, yes, and I need to search my snippets for that tidbit.

19 Re: Felix's Questions on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:32 pm

felix198

Alright, well I found the script for the battle talk, but I don't know how to use it. It's around
line 2000 of FIRE EMBLEM_GENERAL

20 Re: Felix's Questions on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Yeah I've seen it too but it's heavily edited from the original version he used, which is why I have no idea.

21 Re: Felix's Questions on Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:36 pm

felix198

Maybe I'll ask yeti on his forum. Course I'm already waiting for reply to an earlier question
so maybe not. :\

22 Re: Felix's Questions on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Klokinator

Admin
If I take a break from writing my novella, I'll get back to work on the tutorial again.

23 Re: Felix's Questions on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:27 pm

felix198

Alright, I asked yeti for an explanation of the battle talk script. I'll post whatever he tells me.
It's pretty much the last scripting info I need to know so I can finish my prologue.

24 Re: Felix's Questions on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:41 pm

felix198

Here's what Yeti said on battle talks it's the bottom post:http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=519&st=45&#entry22015226

25 Re: Felix's Questions on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:59 pm

felix198

Oh yeah, has anybody added in script to allow for both magic and strength stats? That'd be a
great addition to my game since it resembles many FE4 aspects.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum