Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:16 pm

Jesse

XDDD

I figured that out completely on accident, and I figured it was common knowledge.

27 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:21 am

felix198

Well I didn't even figure it was possible, or at least I never tried, I do maps tile by tile so doing
4 tile squares wasn't even necessary. But thanks for telling me about it! That'll certainly save
myself a ton of work.

28 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 am

felix198

Hooray, new mugs! And a reworked one. As usual, thanks everybody for your great criticism.

Reworked Mug:

Old

New

29 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:43 pm

Primefusion

Admin
The new angle on skull bro works heaps better, nice job.

One thing that I notice is that the hair color is darker than the outline which kind of throws the look off. Makes it look like his hair is glowing sort of.

30 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:10 pm

L95

Yeah! I always get tripped out when a color is darker than the outline, but I can generally never put my finger on it. XD

On the brown haired armor lady, her eyes seem somewhat asymmetrical, one eye is round and the other is more pointy looking. (the iris, I mean)

31 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:58 pm

felix198

I'll change the hair color for sure, I get stuck on a color scheme and forget to think about the outline.

I'll try to fix the eye too, I'll be revising all my mugs soon so that'll be on the list.

32 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I always look at your mugs and think "This is ugly! It's not FE style at all!" but then after I saw a bunch of mugs in the same style, I kinda decided I like it a lot and I like the uniqueness from standard FE mug styles.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

33 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 pm

felix198

I realized I can't do FE style very well :L so I just stick with my own. But I'm happy with the
way my mugs usually turn out. The skull guy looks a hell of a lot better now as well. Thanks for
your input on the old one Klok.

34 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:55 pm

felix198

Oh yeah, I revised some legendary weapons so L95 would stop whining about the books:
Spoiler:

35 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:56 pm

L95

Speaking of, were those posts(well, one post) deleted or something? I can't find them <.>

I'm confused. Maybe I'm just missing it.

I having a serious memory lapse, did I make more than one post and it was spam or something?

I have to say, I like your tomes in general. And you weapon Icons. :0

36 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:53 pm

felix198

Oh no worries, you mentioned it again in another thread, I just thought it was funny. They look better now than they did.. Thanks for the crit :]

Edit: Both posts were in my project thread, not my art thread. You mentioned they looked like children's books XP

37 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm

L95

Ohhh maaaan. I remember now XD

Ugh, I must've not been paying attention. Sorry to clog up the project thread :E

38 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:31 pm

Mew

Chick
One thing I'm noticing about your sprites--particularly in the case of the lighter haired brunette, is that you aren't giving your characters parts in their hair. I mean it's not REQUIRED but I've noticed that you always just have the hair coming from one point, it's not necessarily wrong, but unusual. I don't know many longer haired individuals who don't part their hair on the side or middle.

It's making your ladies seem like they've got scene/emo hair going on, brushed straight into their faces and cut choppily and haphazardly into bangs.

Another stylistic thing that I'm noticing now that you have more sprites, you tend to make the eyebrows really big/thick with tiny eyes. Again, not a bad thing if you're doing it on purpose, I just dunno if you are. :U

So yeah take all of this with a grain of salt since these aren't really definitive rights or wrongs, just observations

http://www.margosikes.com

39 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:04 am

felix198

Alright, long observation, long response Razz

So with the Brunette I'll part the hair more, but with the dark haired chick that I'm using for my
profile pic the hair in the face is intended. I'm not great at hair, or rather I just don't know how
to draw different styles of hair that well. So I'll try working on the parting in my sketches.

And with the eyes that's just how I draw them, I can't do the big 'ol Bambi eyes characteristic
of Fire Emblem, guess it's just how I draw.

But I'll be posting more stuff later, as well as some revisions. Some of my old mugs are pretty
lame, and now that I'm getting a little better at pixel art I'm gonna make a bunch of changes.

40 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 am

felix198

Yeah, so I'm back from the dead. I've been getting back into pixel art and my little FEXP project so I figured I might get some feedback from youse guys.

Here's some reworks of mugs:
Reworks::

Erland:
Old:New:

Elaine:

Edgar:

Sholeh:

Denise:

Cabal:

Trinna (Now Trinne):

Some New Stuff:
New Stuff::

Heracles (Not Hercules):

Dellingr:

Isidore:

Favnir:

Urake:

Some weapons
Weapons:

And Then some full body characters I've been working on, both my own and some regular FE characters.
Most of them are not finished, but I thought I might post my work on them anyways:

Fullbodies:

Lyn, the first I've actually finished (They take awhile)

Geese, because he's badass

Karla, because she was my favorite swordmaster from FE7, also badass.

Ursula, because she was my favorite Black Fang member.

Then some of my own characters:

Well... That's kinda it. I've been working simultaneously on my FEXP project, albeit slowly, but I've been busy
with plenty of other crap as I'm sure everyone else has been. And I've been playing terraria, which is way too
addicting.

41 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:11 am

Yoshi

Admin
Your faces are light and lack detail compared to your bodies. Don't be afraid to push dem highlights.

Also welcome back.

42 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:53 am

Klokinator

Admin
Edgar and Denise are still kind of bad but they are a definite improvement over their old versions. I'm loving the changes to Erland and Sholeh though, very nice on those bros Very Happy

43 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:55 pm

Mew

Chick
A lot of the faces are a little creepy and it seems like you're really afraid to shade the skin around the eyebrows/eyes 0: Denise's face is real rad though. The bodies are stellar also, barring some anatomy issues (Lyn tiny feet)

http://www.margosikes.com

44 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:28 pm

felix198

Thanks peeps, my work always needs more, well work. But I do feel that I've improved since my first mugs. I've discarded most of the original FE style and developed some of my own I hope. But thanks again for the critiques.

And your correction to Erland looks awesome Yoshi, I'll try doing some more work on the faces for all of my characters, as they tend to get flattened due to how light they are :/

45 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:30 pm

L95

:0
I like your new stuff a lot.

But like...
Your new Trinna... that smile reminds me of something I did a long time ago... XD
Spoiler:

But I agree your bodies are great, TBH there are a lot of peeps I know who are better at faces than bodies by a good margin and this is refreshing.

46 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:41 pm

felix198

Yah I draw faces by hand fine, but I have problems with pixels. Like yoshi said though, I just think a lot of them lack contrast and some shading/highlights.

47 Re: Felix's Mugs, Sprites and Maps. on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:44 am

Magix430

waaah felix is backkkk

some of the "new" compared to "old" ones looked a little off to me (and i personally prefered some of the old ones better, such as CAbal and Shole but i liked Elaine's improvement a little more)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum