Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Map Making Event

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Primefusion

Admin
IIRC Feaw moved that column to the far right so it would work better with Yeti's Image to Mappy file converter or something like that. If you're not trying to insert it into a ROM don't worry about it.

The biggest things that stand out to me are those discolored purple-with-some-red tiles and a lack of shading. Oh and the waterfalls in the bottom.

52 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Mew

Chick

Thanks Very Happy
not sure how to go about recoloring so I just replaced everything that was weird. also realized that the in-game map that uses this tileset doesn't even use those tiles, oops

http://www.margosikes.com

53 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:27 pm

Primefusion

Admin
When I try to recolor a tileset I just copy a base set file and paste. Then open it in Usenti and try fiddling with colors. Then you just import the new set into Mappy or Tiled and go from there.

Tiled works differently from Mappy when you import a new set over an old one. Mappy simply replaces the old for the new. Tiled adds it in and you can swap between the two sets and even use tiles from both at the same time.

And wow your new avatar is distracting haha.

54 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Mew

Chick
I see. I tried to swap the entire tileset to one that doesn't have the odd colored waterfalls in Tiled but like you said, it just added a second set. Is it possible for me to bring it into Mappy somehow to replace the tileset with a different palette all at once?

Not gonna do that today for this contest, but maybe I'll go back to it at some point. I like making maps.

And yesss haa it's from Majora's Mask

55 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:44 pm

Yoshi

Admin
PRIME. I'LL HAVE IT BY TOMORROW MORNING THE LATEST, I SWEAR.

56 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Primefusion

Admin
For a minute there I thought Erksage had shown up with that avatar and all haha.

Anyway, mmkay Yoshi. You'd better.

57 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:20 pm

Mew

Chick
Mewiyev wrote:Is it possible for me to bring it into Mappy somehow to replace the tileset with a different palette all at once?

hi
distracting avatars everywhere

58 Re: The Map Making Event on Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:23 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Lol ya I came back because I realized I totally forgot to answer you're question. Sorry.

Tiled and Mappy won't let you save as any file types other than what they work with. The only thing I can think of is saving it as an image, then using Yeti's image to Mappy file converter.

59 Re: The Map Making Event on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:48 am

Yoshi

Admin

yaaaay I finished.

60 Re: The Map Making Event on Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:51 am

Primefusion

Admin
Yay you finished. It's still the 17th over here for the next 9 minutes so you're within the time limit too!

Anyway, competition closed. Time to make the poll.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum