Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Purpose of this forum and some other things.

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Purpose of this forum and some other things. on Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:45 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Alright, so enough of the whole "Let's do this shit" posts and let's actually move forward. I added this sub-forum so it can host the appropriate topics and what not.

The gist is people can enter whatever contest they feel like, so long as they don't specialize in that contest. If you have a specialty it basically means you're pretty good at a particular thing so you entering the contest would probably over shadow everyone else.

Here's a list of people with specialties:

Yoshi - Portraits
Mew - Drawing
ML - Battle Sprites
Magix - Music
Prime - Maps
Jesse - Writing

If you think you have a specialty, try to convince me. But what's the point of this exclusion? Because those banned from their respective niches are the hosts and judges of that contest. So if Yoshi feels like he's ready to host the portrait competition he'd make a topic, make the rules, etc.

Rules will be on a contest by contest basis so the host gets to lord over it. Deal.

Hosts, you have your jobs. I'm declaring the games open. LET'S DO THIS SHIT.

Last edited by Primefusion on Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Magix430

I feel flattered ;w;
Let's do this

Mercenary Lord

Klok - Stories?

I might do this sometime, perhaps when I have a bit more time, and less projects.

http://www.klokreations.net

Mew

Chick
Whatta guy. I was under the false impression that I was one of the only people who wanted to continue with this. I'd start a topic now but I'm thinking having too much at once will produce bad results~

Unrelated@Prime: Yoshi and I played Journey a couple days ago and we met the most bro robed guy and he reminded us of you. He was in all white (aka has fully completed the game) and if we fucked up he'd turn around and help us get back on track~ Then right before the game ended he made a little heart in the snow :3

And then his username was revealed to be GenKillYou in the end and everything was ruined.

http://www.margosikes.com

Primefusion

Admin
Mewiyev wrote: I'd start a topic now but I'm thinking having too much at once will produce bad results~
Actually, I think having 2 going would be fine. If people get frustrated with one, they can go try the other instead. More than that though would probably be a bit much.

@The story: I don't see how it relates to me at all but it was funny.

Jesse

Klok - Stories?
I'm not good enough? Crying or Very sad

Nah, it's okay.

Primefusion

Admin
I could add either of you in, I think you're both qualified enough. The question do either of you want to host the writing contest?

Jesse

I think I'd be able to. If I were to do it, it'd give klok more time to work on MoH which all of us (or at least me) are looking forward to.

Yoshi

Admin
Primefusion wrote:

@The story: I don't see how it relates to me at all but it was funny.

It relates cuz the guy was a bro, and you're a bro. We were calling him Prime because he was cool.

And, I'm ready to judge portraits whenever.

EDIT:

How's like, points gonna work? First places gets X, second gets Y, Third gets Z? Anything for the participants?

Or are we just gonna base it on wins or whatever.

Primefusion

Admin
Your contest works however you want it to :B

Like, for the map comp, whoever got the most votes for their map at the end would get first place, etc. Basically I'd make a voting topic and people....vote.

For actually winning I was going to come up with like an interesting, custom tailored medal for the winners. Like "Gold Medal for winning the writing competition awarded to X person". Or we could using a scaling system and actually put that point system to use.

Example:
First place - 30 Points
Second Place - 25 Points
Third Place - 20 Points
Everyone else who participated - 10 Points

I dunno, those are some ideas. If you all have other ones lemme hear them.

Fuzz94

i have a question about music. Is there a specific file type that it must be? i.e. does it need to be a midi that can be inserted to a ROM or can I potentially record a 5 guitar piece and then submit that?

12 Re: Purpose of this forum and some other things. on Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:06 am

Jesse

That would essentially be up to magix, I think.

Primefusion

Admin
Ya, contest specifics are going to be up to each of the judges. So I guess you'll just have to wait until Magix decides to make the thread.

Also, I've added Jesse in as the Writing judge.

14 Re: Purpose of this forum and some other things. on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Fuzz94

I demand their a poetry/rhyming section

Magix430

I'd be pretty good at that.
Music would most likely be in two categories:
1) Personal Accord: the musician creates a piece from scratch, fully original, and plays it on an instrument of their choice, recording it and the likes. It would be recommended there be absolutely no editing.
2) Composition: the musician picks a program (Finale, Sibelius...etc) to write their music in. A Gyazo or some sort of Screen Capture program is used to capture each page. A mp3 is made as well for preview and effect. Preferably all in one folder.

Mercenary Lord

Or FL Studio could be used because it is so damn easy to use.

Yoshi

Admin
I can't write music, I play by ear. :V

Jesse

dude...I can only do the Sibelius part of that...

I literally have no way of doing MP3's or recordings or any of that...

You can't possibly expect everyone to have that sort of equipment and/or programming?

Magix430

It's because I don't know what people have or don't have.

Fuzz94

I have more Q's but I'll wait til there is a thread for it.

Jesse

I was actually really worried about the music portion of this, because I tried running a music writing competition on this forum before, and it literally went nowhere, and mine demanded less equipment/software, I think.

If you could hook us up with some free software, then maybe this'll work, but I don't have sound-recording equipment, and I don't have the money to get any either, so that part's out of the question.

Honestly, these are just suggestions, and maybe I misinterpreted the requirements, and maybe things will become more clear after the Event thread is posted. Feel free to ignore this post.

Magix430

I understand your ails Jesse.
I meant there may be different music competition categories. One for Recording (Prime, fuzz, the like), one for composition (Jesse.. Merc nd stuff). I guess I could expand my ears to bass and stuff..but those stuff honestly murder my ears

Fuzz94

I can record and compose Very Happy

Mercenary Lord

Or you could just say make the best song you can by any means necessary.

Jesse

oh okay. Still don't have a way to do MP3's... :c

Would you be good if the Image of the music was a PDF?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum