Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Assign Thread

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51 Re: Assign Thread on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:20 pm

Magix430

Because I transcribed Heart for both the piano and the piano and two violins.

52 Re: Assign Thread on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:56 pm

Magix430

I made jpegs of the sheet music... You can ask Merc since I kinda made them for him haha. I've been sick recently, but that doesn't mean il stop working hehe. Making music is what keeps me alive. Nd drawing.

53 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Magix430

From today begins the transcriptions of the awesome battle music by Two Steps From Hell: Spirit of Champions.

It will be a full score, meaning it consists of the following instruments:
Drum Set
Bass Drum
Horns
Trumpets
Voices (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass)
String Section (Violin I, II, Violas, Cellos, Bass)
Tubular Bells
Electric Guitar

If you'd like some sheet music while I go along, just go ahead and ask. I'll post it for everyone's interest. I also have transcriptions of Aqua Vitae, some Anime music transcriptions as well, and I may post those by request as well. Very Happy

[UPDATE 2013]: This actually never started, but i did succeed making a compact piano transc

Last edited by Magix430 on Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

54 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:55 pm

Magix430

Super bump for dem update apples

55 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:08 pm

RomeAX

Ok posting request: This might be a little challenging so it's up to you. I need a theme song for a dark creature that is sarcastic, deceitful and toys around with the living. He doesn't have an objective; the things he does, he does them for satisfaction and enjoyment. This creature lingers in the shadow and the few times you see him, you only see his enormous shiny red eyes and his massive sharp fangs that give an illusion of a grinning monster. Even when you can't see past his eyes due to the darkness, with the little you saw, you can clearly tell his face is bigger than a dragon's.

An example would be Kefka's theme song from FFVI. See how the song doesn't scream "horror" or "super terrifying villain" but you still get a creepy evil feeling from it. I'd like a similar feeling barring the circus like theme.

What say you?

Edit: Forget the Kefka theme song, make it as creepy as possible.

56 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Magix430

Just one question before I start the project - I already have a theme in mind:

Do you want it to be simplistic for a pixel game or as realistically orchestrated as possible? I'm one to lean more towards the latter, but your pick is what counts.

EDIT: The theme I have is quite complex...I might have to resort to the keyboard to produce what I'm trying to; do you have an audio-editing software that can negate static? If so, this could work out. Or we can wait until whenever I get a MIDI cord

Last edited by Magix430 on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

57 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:05 pm

RomeAX

Well for now I just want a theme song to use on cutscenes, which I forgot to state, so realistically orchestrated would be better on a boss fight. Dunno if you have time to do both versions then go for it. If not, then do a simplistic one fit for cutscenes and dialog.

Last edited by RomeAX on Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

58 Re: Assign Thread on Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:38 pm

Magix430

Made a theme for when some evil guy's making an entrance... it's not exactly creepy as it is daunting

(really low piano bass that sounds like drums)

+

high melody and huge chords = epic .... if only i could layer my stuff which I can't until I get a MIDI cord..

No matter how one traces the net, if I'm gonna make better songs, I'm gonna need a MIDI cord to connect to garageband.

Fuck.

59 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Mew

Chick
Soo Magix I'm doing an interactive project in school, and I have no idea how hefty this request is for you, but it would be super sweet if you could make me a peaceful, ambient song and possibly two or three additional layers with a similar rhythm/style that can act as new instruments, in a sense, to be added when the player completes certain objectives over time, to add some more excitement/drama.

My basic idea so far for this project is this: a short interactive narrative with RPG-style dialogue bubbles of a conversation between a father and a daughter, with a large image of the night sky behind it. It will be projected on the ceiling, near a camera which is also attached to the ceiling, and the person on the floor will be given a laser pointer. Ambient song I requested would, be playing in the background, and at best, be loopable, so that while the program is idle, the song can just loop.

So ideally you'll be able to use the laser pointer to interact with the projected image--you'll be pointing out the stars in the constellation on the ceiling, and when you complete a constellation, that's where I'd like the next instrument to be added, so as you complete/trace more constellations, you're adding more layers of complexity to the song playing.

Content/peaceful would be a great mood for this, or even nostalgia if you can pull off something like that. Musical reference to outer space would be kinda neat too, like if it had some really subtle theremin or something like that, for the added layers. Bugs chirping as a part of the ambient/background track would also be interesting, but it's really up to you

LMK if you're up to do this, it'll kind of be on a deadline (2 weeks) so if you can't do it I'd like to know ASAP so I can try to do it myself Very Happy And obviously if I'm missing any information you need, I can give it to you

http://www.margosikes.com

60 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:37 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Magix uses Finale which automatically fades songs out, making it terrible for looping songs. If it's just a school project, I recommend looking in the "song loops" music category at newgrounds for an appropriate song.

Also, it sounds like the kind of thing where the "Jessica's Fate" song in the dropbox would be ideal, and that song perfectly loops. You're free to use that song for your school project if you like.

61 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:09 pm

Mew

Chick
The additional layers are really important though so Im not sure if Id be able to find that just floating around :\ I know ambient stuff is like a dime a dozen

62 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:23 pm

Magix430

Oh if you don't want it to fade out, just say so. Most of the music I make I purposely make them fade out (it's a setting) since the song literally ends. Some songs I make aren't loops ya know

63 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:26 pm

Magix430

@Mew: Thankfully, I'm really glad you asked for an ambient, peaceful piece. If you don't have any problem with a Japanese anime style one though (it's the one I'm most familiar with and can improvise [add a lot of layers to over time] with the best).

2 weeks? I'll try and finish it before then. I have a huge test coming up soon but it's not that big of a worry even though its AP Razz

But yeah. I'll get it done as soon as possible. Before I go, how long do you want it to be?

64 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Oh if you don't want it to fade out, just say so. Most of the music I make I purposely make them fade out (it's a setting) since the song literally ends. Some songs I make aren't loops ya know
What.

ヽ(`Д´)ノ ┻━┻

65 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Mew

Chick
So I thought about it a little and realized that all of the tracks need to loop/be the same length, since I'll be streaming all of the songs at once and just changing the volume via code. If they weren't the same length, the additional layers wouldn't sync properly since they'd just begin to play whenever the constellation is completed.

Meaning that the additional layers/instruments/what have you need to be of the same intensity throughout the entire length of the song length that you pick, although this won't actually be what is heard in the game, since it'll be controlled by variables (I'll probably let instruments play for about 30 seconds before it begins to fade) if you get what I mean.

Length is up to you, anything shorter than 3 minutes is ideal, just for file sizes' sake. Repetition is fine too so if its just a minute long, that's not a problem at all.

Also if you'd like I can throw something up on the dropbox that illustrates the kind of thing I'm looking for, not necessarily music-wise, but how its structured with the 1 ambient track and multiple layer tracks that sit on top.

And I dunno what you mean by anime style but I'm curious to find out haha. Thanks man Very Happy

66 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:58 pm

Magix430

ohhhh i see. Well since I don't use a sequencer then it won't be a problem making all instruments the same velocity and such. Butttt---- naturally there'd be an introduction where only one instrument is playing before it goes into the typical melody. Which is what im working on first :3

And do you want synth or is piano fine + strings/a pad or two?

67 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:54 pm

Magix430

Although I have confidence in my music-making abilities, it wouldn't hurt to find a backup since I have the worst perseverance powers as of now, hence why i keep blaming it on the seasons :3

i keep making themes and blasting them down since layers are what's freaking me out right now but it might take a while to find the "perfect" theme...

68 Re: Assign Thread on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 pm

Mew

Chick
LMK if you made any progress with this

and if you forgot that's fine too, Ive been real busy and its due tomorrow. I get an extra week to turn in the documentation tho so I could slip in the music I already have or if you've got anything I can use it

69 Re: Assign Thread on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:07 am

Magix430

I'll try and slap something together. Though maybe you can ask ML too. He's gotten shit good with FL Studio and until my MIDI works... Sad face all around

The bad thing is, we have a busy weekend. Huge unit test tomorrow, huge performance Friday, recording session weekend, huge essay...etc

Sorry ;w; I'll try my best though

70 Re: Assign Thread on Mon Feb 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Magix430

New Songs are up on YouTube!

Broken Stairway
Features a nice beat and rhythm as well as a continuous bass + melody

February
Part of a yearlong project in which I make music relating to the months. January was up a while ago, before I made the project.

Blazing Trail
A warlike theme meant to symbolize the beating of war drums, meant to be more of a villain theme than a boss theme.

Oribius (Name Subject to Change)
A simple and short town theme that is easy to edit and loop in nature.

All of these songs were recorded and uploaded in one day (it was springlike today).
All of these songs were played on the synthesizer.

Enjoy

71 Re: Assign Thread on Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:47 pm

Magix430

Ribbon in the Sky

Child's Play

Birth of a New Star

New batch of songs. I might stick to the piano a bit rather than more instruments because color takes time to think...flowing piano riffs doesn't nearly as much. I can jsut swing my head around and hum along with my emotions and I'll just spill my guts like nobody's business.

Enjoy.

72 Re: Assign Thread on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:39 am

Magix430

and thus

Meditation

Something about this song really sets me at ease. It's not that its really only 17 measures long and repeated section of 6 measures, but..

73 Re: Assign Thread on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:49 am

Mercenary Lord

This. I like it.

http://www.klokreations.net

74 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:34 am

Magix430

LAAAAAAAAAAADIIIESSSSSSSSSSSSSS AND GENTLEMEN

http://www.mediafire.com/?vvwhgeggrghahbl

Our Final Stand
Final Push
Taking a Stand
March to Victory...

Give me a name. And vote on it. No silliness please

75 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:03 pm

Klokinator

Admin
THIS SONG SO GOOD

I think Final Push is pretty good Smile

76 Re: Assign Thread on Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Primefusion

Admin
The horns at the beginning stick out in a bad way. Maybe try a warmer instrument? Right now it sounds like pretty strings in
the left ear and cold farts in the right ear :<

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum