Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Darkness Ensues

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Magix430

Since this is the "other projects" page and there are many MAGNIFICENT artists and idealists here as well as the person I am working with on these three projects, I will share a bit (not all due to purpose of copyright and infringement) of information in this thread.

All of the information posted in here are things that have been around (but not about) for about 9 years.

WRTS: We all know what a RTS is (I hope). Real time strategy games are not turn-based, for one thing. It takes turn-based and throws it into the world of everybody-at-once based. This is what we have been working on for about two years, ever since I released it to my friends via graph paper. There are three significant races: Human, Templar, and Dark. We plan to add more once we get all the concepts and ideas down and possibly place it into a separately bought Expansion Pack. The extra races include Enduros, Conduits, and Corrupt. I will post a couple of my sketches on here once I scan them.

WRPG: We take the normal RPG and throw in about 10 terabytes of information that is only classified into about 100 or so classes. These classes include different races (we made about 12 so far), elements (about 200), skill trees, and other classifications. We hope that the levels and such will be based off many of the stories we have written already, as well as the functions, skills, and other concepts.

NGRPG: This is the MMORPG. It might not even be Massive Multiplayer until we finish the Single Player Campaign, which will include you playing as a "Good Guy", or Templarite, then choosing your path in the world. In a story I wrote, haven't shown my friend the page yet cuz I forgot, all life started as a Templarite (within the ENIGMA UNIVERSE), and then the Humans came and savaged a planet having wasted their own. Then the Templarites split up into several paths into seperate races. This NGRPG will have alignment choices as well as many allies you can have, enemies, nemesis, and etc.

My friend and I hope that these three games will prosper in the world of gaming. We will make them prosper, and I hope that you will help us.

P.S. You get cookies and your name in the Credits ROSTER! Very Happy

2 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:39 pm

Magix430

Unlike what the project description says, we actually are in the process of making the game. The thing is, the process is a bit slow since we have little to absolutely no knowledge of programming. Therefore, the only thing we can do for now is sketch and sprite, as well as create some sort of epic storyline. We got the music down and we'll pay Waterflame something for him to give us a epic song we can call our own.

That was my idea, the last sentence lol.

If you have any questions, just ask below. We'll gladly answer them, and you'll know exactly who my partner is. He's a great spriter, FYI.

3 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:42 pm

Parantheon

This sounds very interesting, Magix, but are you sure you'll be able to pull it off?

http://illander.forumotion.com

4 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:46 pm

Magix430

I got a friend on my side, and I hope, you guys too. We've got 9 years of intel, an upcoming 20 more pages of it, and two central notebooks that we keep all our info in. Might type in some quotes for you guys to understand. Here's the basis of our creation ideas:

"Human scientists have made the theory that intelligent life exists elsewhere in our universe. We made this true. Somewhere about 12 billion light years away, there is a prospering peaceful nation called Enigma. In 6000 years, Humans may have already destroyed their entire galaxy, as well as many others near it. They come up with the plan to venture far out, farther than their technology reads there are planets, to find a new home. They hit a planet in the far outreaches of Enigma, and kill every villager on it, claiming it is theirs. This creates instability in Enigma, and the peaceful nation is not so peaceful anymore..."

5 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Parantheon

Jesse and I did a lot of work on Fire Emblem Twin Blades. We had over 50 characters. We had worked our asses off on it, even adapting to Klok tearing us down, but then it died.

6 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:51 pm

Magix430

This won't die. I can promise that. Even if the project dies, we can still write a tome. BTW my friend would like...rage at this if he saw it Razz. Keep it up tho haha

7 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Parantheon

What do you mean?

Also, that's what we thought about Twin Blades. Everyone warned us it might fail, but we disagreed.

8 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:05 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I've come to have a more realistic view of everything. Sad as it sounds, unless you already have the skills to make a game almost entirely by yourself, then the process of learning a whole new language (coding) will detract from your drive to make said game, ever so slowly. I've seen a million topics about these awesome games that are gonna be made, and they always fall through unless said person already has a ton of coding knowledge. (Exceptions are not the rule)

But good luck to ya anyway.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

9 Re: Darkness Ensues on Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Magix430

As a response, I have said knowledge. My pa. Plus, a friend also has said knowledge. My pa. Lol he's a programmer for TMW. I think with his knowledge and our lifespan, we'll finish this. We just need YOUR help. *points at reader*

10 Re: Darkness Ensues on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:13 am

Klokinator

Admin
TMW? Terrible Male Women?

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

11 Re: Darkness Ensues on Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:38 pm

Magix430

It's a company that routes all DNS networking cables. Without them. This entire web stuff like this forum simply wouldn't work at all. Learn to respect bro.

12 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:43 pm

Mercenary Lord

I am the friend, I think.

BTW, everyone, this has been going on for what, nine years now? It's bee pretty slow, but we just were never able to give up.

Just as well we didn't, because it shall be amazing when one of them is finished The RTS, probably.

Yeah. Not going to mention that our school offers two or three programming classes and such...

One last thing, magix, 12 Billion light years isn't even out of our observable universe. And, the universe itself is about 95 billion light years across, so...based on the theory of parallel universes, I'd say that these games, being in a separate universe, would either have to be in another dimension, or more than a trillion light years away.

But...we have been working on this for a while. Hell, we've done some LARPing in his basement. (Thats Live-Action-Role-Playing) I can't see us giving up in the foreseeable future.

P.S. - When he says tome, Paran, he means a massive book/wiki/word document detailing absolutely everything we've thought up as of yet for this universe and stuff.

http://www.klokreations.net

13 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:15 pm

Magix430

My bad lol how about 700 googllplex

14 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Mercenary Lord

No.
A trillion is fine.

15 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:22 pm

Jesse

Whether or not you have the knowledge to do this stuff, you have to want to complete this with every fiber of your being, and then some. These seem to be large projects, and you'll need a large number of people working on this. People who can work well together and know what they're doing.

Don't think I'm trying to slam these projects, though. They sound like good ideas, but you'll need to keep in mind that this will be a difficult task to overcome.

16 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Mercenary Lord

Actually, the RTS is a relatively simple concept.

I feel that we'd start with the bare bones concepts and stuff, then expand.

For example, RTS, One race with all the necessary buildings and units. Then add all the buildings and units we wanted to, then add another race, etc.

17 Re: Darkness Ensues on Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:58 pm

Jesse

mmkay. as long as you're sure you can pull this off.

18 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:28 am

Magix430

As only merc and I don't get into any freak ass accidents or break apart as non-friends ill think well be fine

19 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:55 am

Jesse

Friends come and go, young one. I speak from experience.

20 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm

Magix430

Yeah i realized that too when some girl I've been chasing left me for a guy in college. Wth

21 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:18 pm

Magix430

Here's a helmet that I really need help on... I've never sprited before so I come to you guys to help me....

22 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:19 pm

Magix430

I actually didn't draw this in the past few days, this has been here for about a year.

23 Re: Darkness Ensues on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:22 pm

Magix430

All right. I have other helmets in store. Just tell me which ones to post if you wanna see them. I rated them out of 10 in my idea of how epic the look to me.
Judgment might be different from you guys.

-Delta (9)
-Sigma (9)
-Epsilon (7)
-Beta (6)
-Upsilon (8 )
-Lambda (5)
-Bomb Squad (9)
-Siege Squad (9)
-Stalker (10)
-Breach (10)
-Alpha (9)
-Omega (9)
-Riot (10)
-TPST Drop (9)
-Honor Guard (9)
-Assassin (2)

I really didn't work so hard on the last one, but send in some replies !

Last edited by Magix430 on Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The 8) smiley got in the way)

24 Re: Darkness Ensues on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:42 pm

Mercenary Lord

PUT THEM ALL UP!

Once I get my computer back, I'll see what I can do, okay?

25 Re: Darkness Ensues on Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Jesse

I could do this for you. In fact, I'll give you a choice:
Paint Sprite
OR
3DS Max 2011 Sprite

The 3DS sprite could possibly have better quality, but I'm not the best with it, so it'll take longer to finish than the Paint sprite.

It's your sprite, your choice.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum