Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prime/Yoshi's Ultimate Pokemon Super duper awesome chicken winged hack

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Mercenary Lord

Farget tha details. MAke it however you freaking want.

Four starters?

http://www.klokreations.net

Primefusion

Admin
The only other triangle that works like the usual types is fighting, dark, and psychic. But, dark is immune to psychic which is unbalanced. But water, grass, fire is used in every generation and it gets old =/

Jesse

I did find another triangle but I forget what it was. I'll post it when I find it again.

Parantheon

This game really sounds interesting, you guys. Keep up the good work.

http://illander.forumotion.com

Jesse

Finally able to get back on.

New triangle: Flying-Fighting-Rock

Perfect balance(unless my source is a dud).

Primefusion

Admin
No, that triangle works like a charm. And all we had to do was swap ice for rock, nice.

Mercenary Lord

Sweet. Maybe Justin's kangaroo guy could be the fighting starter.

Yoshi

Admin
I gotta edit that fool.

He's ugly.

Jesse

glad I could help. c:

Jesse

It doesn't really look like this game is being worked on anymore, but in case it is(or if there's anyone else making a GBA-Style Pokemon game), I'm working on this giant world map thing that will eventually include every freaking region. Still a WIP, but this is just to give you the general idea.

The area in the top left will eventually be Unova. Not all of my research for this agrees, so I went with what was most frequent. Any problems or questions you have, feel free to mention.

Primefusion

Admin
Woah that's a big map. I'm guess you're doing your own interpretation? There's already this map.

And actually I've been dabbling in the hack a little the last few days. Trying to learn how to script my own events. Though right now I just rage a lot :|

Jesse

Problems with their map:
Unova was separated
Movie locations missing (i.e. Cameron Palace, Tree of Beginning, Orange Islands, Arborville, etc.)
No roads in Orre

(Thank goodness they didn't turn Hoenn on its side like I've seen in a couple of instances.)

With the giant one I'm making, I'm trying to include everything. There will be more added at some point, and Orre is currently receiving a makeover to better fit the games. I hate how all of these fan-made maps of the Orre region leave out the roads that are shown on the games, though not necessarily travelled on.

Primefusion

Admin
Why would you ever turn Hoenn on its side? That makes no sense ._.

I've never played the console games and I've only seen like 1 movie way back in the day so I dunno.

Is that Faraway Island in the very bottom left? If so maybe move it up and to the right a little so that it looks a little more natural. Right now it looks a little abandoned and forgotten.

Also, what's the island chain in the bottom middle from? Also also, some of the islands from FRLG seem kinda mixed up/out of order.

I'm curious about what you'll do with the huge green chunk north of Kanto.

Mercenary Lord

That'll be YOUR world, for YOUR game, Prime. I would think that'd be obvious?

Primefusion

Admin
The islands don't match up mang.

The Concept World:

Jesse

Why would you ever turn Hoenn on its side? That makes no sense ._.
Yet there are a few idiots who do.
I've never played the console games and I've only seen like 1 movie way back in the day so I dunno.
The only console game I've played is Pokemon : Collosseum, so I'm going off of what I hope to be reliable, since it doesn't include everything from Orre. And as far as movies(modern ones, anyway), I'd suggest watching Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. Either that or The Rise of Darkrai.
Is that Faraway Island in the very bottom left?
Yes.
If so maybe move it up and to the right a little so that it looks a little more natural. Right now it looks a little abandoned and forgotten.
I thought that was the point?
Also, what's the island chain in the bottom middle from?
The entire Orange Island Chain.
Also also, some of the islands from FRLG seem kinda mixed up/out of order.
LOL at double also. But yeah, I haven't played either of those games in a while so I was relying on my unreliable brother. I've since fixed that.
I'm curious about what you'll do with the huge green chunk north of Kanto.
I'll figure something out. I've found a few fan-maps that have stuff up there, but it's never labelled and never matches up.

Is that spoilered map your region? If so I can add it to the super map. What's it called?

I've also been working on alot. I believe I've fixed up Orre, and I've added Almia just southwest of Sinnoh. Now I just need to add the Unova, Fiore, and Oblivia regions and that'll be all for the currently existing Pokemon world.

That'll be YOUR world, for YOUR game, Prime. I would think that'd be obvious?
What would? Islands or Giant Green Blob/Chunk?

Primefusion

Admin
The spoiler map is indeed the region I came up with for this hack. It's still in a concept stage and I need to iron some stuff out. The region doesn't have a name yet so I'm open to suggestions.

The inspiration was the Orange Islands but with fewer and bigger islands. Though the top left one doesn't necessarily have to be an island since it goes off the map and has a big forest going north as well. There's a key for the map on page 1 of the thread I think.

And ya, Faraway Island is supposed to be far away but its location seems too clean cut. It's like perfectly placed in the corner.

Jesse

The spoiler map is indeed the region I came up with for this hack. It's still in a concept stage and I need to iron some stuff out. The region doesn't have a name yet so I'm open to suggestions.
I'll have to come up with some really Japanese sounding name for you.
And ya, Faraway Island is supposed to be far away but its location seems too clean cut. It's like perfectly placed in the corner.
I positioned the corner off of the island, since I didn't want any extra space. I'm actually thinking of moving it in a ways so I can move Unova a bit closer(as much as I dislike the place).

Jesse

WAIT! How do you get from island to island without the ability to use Surf outside of battle? Is this like Pokemon R/S/E where there's some dude with a boat to transport you until then?

Primefusion

Admin
Going from town 1 to town 2 is on boat, yes. And then there's a huge bridge connecting island 2 and 3. Since the third island has gyms 3-5 you'd get surf and go from there.

Jesse

So something like this?
Spoiler:
Yours is the one directly above Orre. I hope I got this close to what you expected.

Jesse

By the way, I've been doing a bit of research, and I found that a few of the region names actually translate to english(i.e. Kanto->Government Official, Johto->Transfer[lulz], Sinnoh->True;Real)(Hoenn and Unova have no translations), so I looked translated a few things from english to Japanese, and these were probably the best ones that I found.

shuuban - final stage(like)
inbo - final
ura - hidden
anchuu - in the dark
guntou - island group
shimane - island country

Of course whichever one you choose could be changed a bit, like Jotou->Johto, but that's for you to decide.

Primefusion

Admin
That's a pretty close representation of the region. All that needs to be added is a land path between towns 6 and 7 (Gym 4 and 5) and a water path between towns 7 and 8 (Gym 5 and 7. Have this one intersect with the existing water path). I'm liking it though, very nice.

As for the name, I'm gonna have to think about it a little. Though if anyone has some suggestions feel free to chime in.

Also, a while ago I was doing some gym theme brainstorming and came up with this list:

Gym 1:Basic
Gym 2:Balance
Gym 3:Defense
Gym 4:Speed
Gym 5:Endurance
Gym 6:Attack
Gym 7:Double Battle
Gym 8:Variety (High base stat total?)

Basically, the trainers/leader would use Pokemon that excel in a certain stat area. Defense = Both Sp Def and Def. Attack = Sp Atk and Atk, Endurance = HP and speed is obvious. I'm not sure about gyms 1 and 2 so here is where suggestions are appreciated.

Klokinator

Admin
Gym 1 would be average to below average stat spread, and 2 would possibly be more of a type matchup, like fire/wind or water/electric. Idk I don't play pokemon, you should ignore me completely lolol

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

Mercenary Lord

Oh, by the way....I don't mean to be pushy, but an idea?

Make it so you can go to all the regions. Please. That would be so cool.

I have a ton of different pokemon map sprites and stuff, if you want them.

Jesse

All that needs to be added is a land path between towns 6 and 7 (Gym 4 and 5) and a water path between towns 7 and 8 (Gym 5 and 7. Have this one intersect with the existing water path).
Should be no problem.
Gym 1:Basic
Gym 2:Balance
Gym 3:Defense
Gym 4:Speed
Gym 5:Endurance
Gym 6:Attack
Gym 7:Double Battle
Gym 8:Variety (High base stat total?)
Sounds about right, though the double battle is taken from R/S/E.
2 would possibly be more of a type matchup, like fire/wind or water/electric.
Each gym is usually focused around 1 type. (i.e.:Brock-Rock/Ground;Misty-Water;Lt. Surge-Electric;Erika-Grass;etc.)
Gym 1 would likely be fighting, since there's a cave just south, and the player should afterward be able to use either Rock Smash or Strength outside of battle to get through the maze.
Gym 3 should grant Cut(Normal or Grass gym?), since there's a forest that must be crossed to get to the next Gym.
Gym 4 should give the ability to use Fly(Flying type), since the player would likely need to travel quickly backward for some strange reason.
Gym 5 (Water?) would likely give the player the ability to use Surf outside of battle.
Gym 7 (Rock/Ground) is located near a mountain, meaning there'd likely be waterfalls or rock walls to climb, so the Gym should grant either Waterfall or Rock Climb outside of Battle.

These ideas don't necessarily need to be taken, but hopefully they'll be worth something.
fire/wind
wind = flying?
Make it so you can go to all the regions. Please. That would be so cool.
Cool? Yes.
Difficult and amazingly huge? Also yes.
I have a ton of different pokemon map sprites and stuff, if you want them.
This is going to be a hack, meaning it'll already have all the sprites, easily edited.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum