Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

XE Sprite Submission Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 XE Sprite Submission Thread on Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:44 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Mmhmm. If you've got a sprite you wanna get into XE, post it here. If it's formatted for FEXP, even better.

For those of you who don't know, XE's art style has a strict yet random color limit of 6+background (which is actually just based on the number of colors the Bishop guy has) and a minimalistic shading style wherein the only tone variation allowed is BLACK. Amounts of shading are based on the character themselves and, obviously, positions of things. Also, characters will tend to have more practical outfits than the usual fantasy RPG fare.

Here's the current cast:

"So, what can I do to help?"
Great question! If you want, you can take the sprites above and make them better (Klok, I don't care what you say, Heri sucks)

Or you can make totally new sprites! Heck, this is preferred. So, who do we need?
-A reckless female knight, lightly armored and probably late teens.
-Three mage girls similar to the typical FE Pegasus trio (If you don't know what that is...) Oldest one wears green-blue, and you can decide whether the middle or youngest one wears red or yellow/purple(you decide! That's right, you can choose the color of all volt-based magic by making this sprite! Maybe.). Obviously, one's a Wind mage, one Fire, one Thunder.
-A shaman/dark mage who's spent his life locked in a library. Thinks hundreds of times as much as he speaks. Probably a young man.
-A brooding, angsty knight. Think "typical hero in crappy RP fangames" Same hair color as the first female knight.

And of course, generic people! Soldiers, bandits, villagers, bosses of varying importance, we need them all! And don't bother submitting some boring recolor of some FE7 villager, 'cuz it'll probably get rejected.
Oh, and if you're doing a soldier person (the playable knights are exceptions; they should prooobably have lighter armor), use one of these or something similar-looking:

... I myself haven't decided if everyone should have semi-realistic hair colors. And note that by submitting a sprite, you accept the possibility that it will be edited (maybe heavily)

Last edited by Charlotte on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total

2 Re: XE Sprite Submission Thread on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:17 pm

Klokinator

Admin
hought it was a limit of 5? Anyway you need at least three examples. Three is a solid number that leaves lots of comparisons open.

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

3 Re: XE Sprite Submission Thread on Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:58 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Updated the OP.

4 Re: XE Sprite Submission Thread on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:10 pm

Klokinator

Admin
I personally like the current hair style a lot. Looks anime-ish, without the shading Very Happy

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

5 Re: XE Sprite Submission Thread on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:46 am

Mercenary Lord

Meh...wat bout battle sprites?

http://www.klokreations.net

6 Re: XE Sprite Submission Thread on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:42 pm

Charlotte

Chick
I'll go make a separate thread for those.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum