Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:46 am

Jesse

So, a while back, Paran came up with an idea for a sequel to FE8. When I finally hacked THAT AWESOME GAME ENGINE THINGY, progress on this game spiked. After this, Klauk created a forum, which GC was invited, and he gave much input to FE8 and helped a huge amount. It was here that Paran's involvement began to drop, leaving the project almost entirely to GC and me.

When YUHTITS found out, my determination to complete this game jumped to new heights, despite GC no longer being able to help. I hadn't released demos for a while, but prime helped me to work on a couple of maps, which I was thankful for. I completed a few trial maps, 3 difficulties for Caspian's story, which was never completely finished, but I continued work.

Just last week, Paran spent the week at my house. He tested what I had done up to this point on the game. I originally thought that this woould be the point that would begin to shoot FE8x through the roof. Instead, he was uninterested, leaving me alone to work on FE8x.

After I gave enough thought, I realized that I can't both write a book AND create a game on my own. I also knew that I wanted to write more than I wanted to create games, so I decided that I'd have to give up the dream that was FE8x for now. This is not to say that I will not attempt to come back to work on this game, but that this is not a possibility at the moment.

Do not think that this means I will leave, as ML is still my editor for my book, and I still have muvh that I'd like to do on this site, but I can't continue FE8x alone.

Even though this project is dead atm, I'd like to ask that the FE8x board not be removed in the case that it is somehow revived by either me or another hopeful.

2 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Who is GC?

3 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:50 pm

GhostClown. Lol

4 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:21 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Oh, right. I kinda remember him.

But this project... I dunno, it's kinda sad to see it dying. You definitely could've done something pretty cool..

But what are you writing, then?

5 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:29 pm

Primefusion

Admin
He's writing Rethel.

6 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:38 pm

Jesse

But this project... I dunno, it's kinda sad to see it dying.
If I could have it otherwise, I would, but it's currently not a possibility. Paran, who originally came up with this idea, showed no interest in the demos, and didn't even have enough patience with it to make it through the first turn.

If I ever get the chance, I will bring it back, as it was an amazing idea and has really progressed beyond my original expectations. ATM, I have to face reality, which isn't pretty. I do apologize.

7 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:23 am

Klokinator

Admin
GC? More like GP. (Ghostphail)

And just so you know (I think you already knew?) I banned Parantheon from these forums for 30 days. That's for ratting us out to Dick the first time. (Not even YUHTITS, but fuckin' Dick of all people, the one he supposedly hated. It's disgusting to me.)

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

8 Re: Death of Fire Emblem : Twin Blades? on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 am

Jesse

figured he was banned, but didn't know for how long.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum