View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

26 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Yugi has such crappy monster cards.

27 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:19 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Change Breaker to Summoned Skull. He needs a tank person.

Dark Magician -> Magic
Celtic Guardian -> Quick
Summoned Skull -> Tank

28 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Jesse

Yugi has such crappy monster cards.
but he was the first, so if anyone from the yugioh saga, it should be him.

Change Breaker to Summoned Skull. He needs a tank person.
Possibly. I didn't think Yugi would get anywhere near this much support, though. I did have one possible attack for Breaker, but you speak the truth.

Down+B would shift you through the monsters. Dark Magician's B would be Dark Magic Attack and would be similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball attack. Celtic Guardian I was thinking maybe the same Up+B attack as Marth and a similar Side+B attack to Ike's. Summoned Skull is one that IDK as far as attacks go.

29 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:12 pm

Primefusion

Admin
From what I remember, Summoned Skull has lightning based attacks as well as though big claws. So perhaps base attacks off that? Or come up with another tank-like monster that he often uses.

30 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:06 pm

Jesse

Good point.

My brother gave me the idea of a Kuriboh assist trophy since we're using Yugi. For those who don't know what Kuriboh is, it's a card that prevents you from taking damage, so this assist trophy would grant temporary immortality(except for if you jump off of the stage. but if you do that, you may want to see a mental doctor lol).

And as far as other monster possibilities go, the only other ones I can think of are Buster Blader and Archfiend of Gilfer(Though Archfiend I don't think was used often). There's also King's Knight, Queen's Knight, and Jack's Knight, but those would all be too similar. And Dark Magician Girl would be pointless while Dark Magician is around, as would Dark Sage. Gaia the Fierce Knight rides a horse, so he's out of the equation.

There's Gazelle, the King of Mythical Beasts, but that's a really wierd looking card that I don't think would work well. And Berfomet is a Four-Armed Beast. He has Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1 and Curse of Dragon, but dragons prolly wouldn't work well.

Though out of those, Summoned Skull would prolly be best. Anyway, I think I came up with its attacks. His Up+B is similar to Charizard's Up+B, but replacing the fire with lightning. His B attack would be him entering a pose similar to Lucario's upward taunt and electricity flies around him for a limited amount of time. His Side+B attack allows for two attacks in a row, where he slashes the opponents with his massive claws. And as stated before, Down+B changes the monster being used.

EDIT: This is his B attack pose

Now to turn that into a sprite.

Last edited by Darkblade on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

31 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Jesse

BTW, I'll be leaving tomorrow and will be gone for about a week(staying somewhere closer to town to save a bit on gas money) for band camp, after which Paran will be spending a week at my house so he can make it to and from the second week of band camp.

32 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:59 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Have you said what spriting style you're even using?

33 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:04 pm

Jesse

not yet, no. I don't know how I'll make these sprites, or even what I plan on having them look like yet. Hopefully I'll be able to finish one before I have to leave tomorrow. After that I won't be able to work on much of anything for a week. Maybe write a bit, but nothing much more than that.

34 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:36 pm

Jesse

Rough draft of the Kuriboh sprite:

Still a bit of a WIP, but a start nonetheless.

35 Re: SSB Game on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:39 am

Jesse

I'll be leaving soon. Please continue posting ideas. Oh, and ML. I'd like to see you try to make base sprites for one or two of your suggested characters. I've edited Kuriboh a bit, but it's still not finished. I'll fix it up and post it when I get back.

36 Re: SSB Game on Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:10 pm

Mercenary Lord

Ok...
Im going to try to base zero off of this set.
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/X/Zello/X4-X5/

http://www.klokreations.net

37 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:20 pm

Jesse

Hi again. It's been a freaking week, but I'm back.

No new ideas? :c
I'll keep working on this for a while, but with this little action going on, I'm thinking this project is dying.

38 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Mercenary Lord

Im making a map for FEPS.

39 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Jesse

I noticed. I just thought that someone might have posted something as far as ideas go.

40 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:28 pm

Jesse

Oh yeah. I forgot about music. Would you prefer songs from SSBB, or should I go hunting for/rewrite songs?

41 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Depends on what you're using. GM? Stencyl?

42 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:37 pm

Jesse

Stencyl.

43 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:09 pm

Mercenary Lord

Idc either way.

44 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 pm

Jesse

Well if you don't mind listening to midis, I think I can do that. And I've actually heard some decent midis of Fountain of Dreams.
vgmusic.com
Scroll through the list until you reach SSBM. There are 5 versions of Fountain of Dreams on there. #3 is my least favorite. I'd like to hear your opinions, though. If the Concert or Marching Band arrangements turn out to be most favorite, I can rewrite them to make them loop, so you are allowed to vote for those as well.

And if midis can't be used, I can export them as wavs and then convert them from there.

45 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:32 pm

Mercenary Lord

I like Big Blue. Totally Awesome.

46 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:37 pm

Jesse

That one wasn't my favorite of those midis. There's also at least one good version of Together, We Ride/Fire Emblem Theme in there as well, though I can't remember which version was the best. There are 6 versions, 2 by the same person.

47 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:17 pm

Charlotte

Chick
I have a few MIDIs I was going to use for my hack that are from SSBM. Including... My own version of the third Fountain of Dreams MIDI there XD

Me being me, though, it has an electric guitar, which probably ruins the mood for most people. It's not a complex remix anyway.

I was going to say something important, too, but I don't remember what it was.

48 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:22 pm

Jesse

I have a few MIDIs I was going to use for my hack that are from SSBM. Including... My own version of the third Fountain of Dreams MIDI there XD
That's cool. If you could donate them it'd be a big help.
Me being me, though, it has an electric guitar, which probably ruins the mood for most people. It's not a complex remix anyway.
IDC what instruments it has. If it sounds cool, it'll probably be used.
I was going to say something important, too, but I don't remember what it was.
lol

49 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Well it doesn't sound "cool" yet because I toned it down for GBA insertion. I'll go make a better one soon. Hopefully it'll be done today.

EDIT: Say, does Stencyl have a built-in way to make MIDIs loop?

50 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:36 pm

Jesse

That's cool. I decided that I was going to have fun today and edit the end of the marching band arrangement. It has a chord at the end now instead of every freaking instrument ending on the same note. Of course, this isn't something that I've uploaded to that site(and prolly never will), but it was fun to do. And it actually sounds nice. I've still got a bit to do on it, but it does sound better.

51 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Okay, so I won't be able to go on this computer much today, so I'm putting what I have in the dropbox. Use yours if you want; it's probably better. In some ways, I prefer my first remix.

EDIT: Of course, it's under KayMusic

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum