Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1 SSB Game on Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 pm

Jesse

Super Smash Bros.
ARMAGEDDON

made with StencylWorks

Yes it needs an actual logo, so what?

My idea is this: Create a SSB game including everyone's favorites from each SSB games, including some characters not included in any of the previous games.

I'd like for this game to not only have Free Battle Mode, but an Adventure Mode as well, with a completed story.

Whether or not to include the Smash Ball/Final Smash attacks is up to you guys, as is which characters will be used.

Stage Builder would probably be nice, but difficult to add, so it will prolly not be implemented into the final project.

Characters:
Spoiler:
01) Mario[M]*
02) Yoshi[M]*
03) Bowser[L]*
04) Peach[M]*
05) Pikachu[S]*
06) Pokemon Trainer(Squirtle[S], Ivysaur[M], Charizard[L])*
07) Link[M]*
08) Zelda/Shiek[M]*
09) Samus[M]*
10) Ike[M]*
11) Captain Falcon[L]*
12) Donkey Kong[L]*
13) Diddy Kong[S]*
14) Kirby[S]*
15) Ice Climbers[S]*
16) Fox[M]*
17) Megaman[M]*
18) Lucas[S]*
19) Pikmin & Olimar[S]*
20) Luigi[M]
21) Wario[M]
22) Jigglypuff[S]
23) Mewtwo[M]
24) Lucario[M]
25) Ganondorf[L]
26) Marth[M]
27) Mr. Game & Watch[M]
28) Meta Knight[S]
29) King Dedede[L]
30) Falco[M]
31) Wolf[M]
32) Cloud[M]
33) Zero[M]
34) Ness[S]
35) Sonic[M]
36) Shadow[M]
37) Yugi(Dark Magician[M], Celtic Guardian[M], Summoned Skull[L])
38) Snake[M]
39) Goku[L]
40) Isaac[M]

* = Starting Character
[S] = Small Character
[M] = Medium Character
[L] = Large Character

Stages:
Spoiler:
01) Battlefield(SSBA)*
02) Final Destination(SSBA)*
03) Mushroom Kingdom(Mario)*
04) Princess Peach's Castle(Mario)*
05) Pokemon Stadium(Pokemon)*
06) Hyrule Temple(LoZ)*
07) Bridge of Eldin(LoZ)*
08) Brinstar(Metroid)*
09) Norfair(Metroid)*
10) Daein Castle(FE)(merged with The Battlefield Fortress?)*
11) Port Town Aero Drive/Mute City(F-Zero)*
12) Rumble Falls(DK)*
13) Kongo Jungle/Jungle Japes(DK)*
14) Green Greens(Kirby)*
15) Summit(Ice Climbers)*
16) Icicle Mountain(Ice Climbers)*
17) Corneria(Starfox)*
18) New Pork City(Earthbound/Mother)*
19) Onett(Earthbound/Mother)*
20) Luigi's Mansion(Mario)
21) Pokefloats(Pokemon)
22) Frigate Orpheon(Metroid)
23) The Battlefield Fortress(FE)(merged with Daein Castle?)
24) Flat Zone(G&W)
25) Big Blue(F-Zero)
26) Halberd(Kirby)
27) Fountain of Dreams(Kirby)
28) Venom(Starfox)
29) Lylat Cruise(Starfox)
30) Green Hill Zone(Sonic the Hedgehog)
31) Duel Tower(Yu-Gi-Oh!)
32) Ruins of Hyrule
33) Gideon's Mind
34) Construction Site
35) Toy Ship
36) Shibuya

*=Starting Stage

Assist Trophies:
Spoiler:
01) Andross
02) Barbara
03) Devil
04) Dr. Wright
05) Excitebikes
06) Gray Fox
07) Hammer Bro
08) Helirin
09) Infantry & Tanks
10) Jill
11) Jeff
12) Kat & Ana
13) Knuckle Joe
14) Knuckles the Echidna
15) Kuriboh
16) Lakitu & Spinies
17) Little Mac
18) Lyn
19) Metroid
20) Mr. Resetti
21) Nintendog
22) Piccolo
23) Ray MK III
24) Samurai Goroh
25) Saki
26) Starfy
27) Tingle
28) Vaati
29) Waluigi

Please note that these lists are not final. There is still the possibility of anything being added to/removed from these lists.

SSBA Spriting Guidelines:
Spoiler:
I don't expect tons of people to come attempt to sprite for me, but for those who want characters entered into the game, you may have to do a bit of work in this department. It is for this reason that I have created the following "tutorial" of sorts.

1)Medium character size should be approximately 45-60 pixels tall.
2)colors should not exceed 25 and should not fall below 20. This does include the shadow color.
3)Sprites should face the light source. This should be to OUR left.

Example:

ALL SPRITES SHOULD USE THE SAME COLOR FOR THEIR SHADOWS!
Exception to Color Limits:

If there are any questions, please ask.

I believe I've found the majority of the soundtrack for this game, as well.(Note: SSBB Main Theme loops)

Last edited by Jesse on Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:02 pm; edited 17 times in total

2 Re: SSB Game on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:24 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Making this type of game with GM isn't too hard. Making a story at all is VERY hard. I suggest you skip it.

Also, it's a good idea to not have too much content (that's a lot of characters) or the game'll take an hour to load.

3 Re: SSB Game on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 pm

Klokinator

Admin
Maybe use Stencyl? Side view is default I think Very Happy

http://klokreations.forumotion.com

4 Re: SSB Game on Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:50 pm

Yoshi

Admin
TOO BUSY WITH TOAST.

5 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:05 am

Charlotte

Chick
I'm pretty fluent in GML, but I can't help at all in Stencyl. Having said that, though, Stencyl seems smoother as a whole and would probably make some things a whole lot easier.

6 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:56 am

Jesse

Making a story at all is VERY hard. I suggest you skip it.
I wasn't completely sure if the story would be added or not, though it'd be nice.
Also, it's a good idea to not have too much content (that's a lot of characters)
I think that list has about half the characters of Brawl.
Maybe use Stencyl? Side view is default I think
I think I've heard of the program somewhere else, but I've never actually seen it. If it wouldn't require scripting of any kind, then I might look into it.
TOO BUSY WITH TOAST.
lol
I'm pretty fluent in GML
Awesome.
Having said that, though, Stencyl seems smoother as a whole and would probably make some things a whole lot easier.
I may look into using that instead. IDK. This is still in its infancy stages.

So... Are there any characters who you guys wish to be added? I know one of my siblings mentioned Yugi Moto(I'm assuming this would be somewhat like the Pokemon Trainer), and the othher suggested a couple DBZ characters, but they aren't even mostly Nintendo. Then again, Snake was added to Brawl, and MGS only had one game released on a nintendo system, so... who knows?

7 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Half the characters of Brawl? That's not really much of an argument given that Brawl runs on its own engine on the Wii. A SSB64-sized character list would be much more reasonable. I mean, GM COULD handle that many, but again, the loading times would be pretty bad.

...Then again, I hear GM8 has lower loading times, but it costs like twice as much, and what I saw wasn't that much better.

8 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:28 pm

Mercenary Lord

U SKIP IKE? U BEYOTCH! IKE PWNS, HOW DAIR YEW SKIP HAIM!

But yeah, I like it.

Characters I'd like:
Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Megaman, Zero, INDIANA JON-wait, forget that. Uhh...Isaac (Golden Sun), Cloud, IKE[!], METABEE-Medabots FTW- Umm... Yugi??? Hm...maybe...REGRET FROM ZENONIA! Hm...I seem to like many sword fighting epic guys...oh WTF.

http://www.klokreations.net

9 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:45 pm

Jesse

Game maker wasn't working very well on my computer. I couldn't view any games I tried to make, so I tried Stencyl, and so far(I'm just messing around with it at the moment) it's working fairly well. Also, it seems to be fairly easy to use so far. I'll just keep experimenting and see if I can get anything done.

As for characters, I was hoping to have a number of characters large enough that anyone could find a nintendo character they like. If the game ends up being good outside of loading time, then the player should find it worth the wait.
A SSB64-sized character list would be much more reasonable.
Only played the 64 version once, and since I don't own a 64 myself, I don't own the game and don't know how many playable characters there were.

And tbh, I don't consider half the characters of Brawl to be very many. But that's just my viewpoint. And I wasn't trying to argue. I was just stating facts.
I never said that that was the final list. It says "POSSIBLE Characters" meaning a VERY rough list, not the final.
Characters I'd like:
Sora (Kingdom Hearts), Megaman, Zero, INDIANA JON-wait, forget that. Uhh...Isaac (Golden Sun), Cloud, IKE[!], METABEE-Medabots FTW- Umm... Yugi??? Hm...maybe...REGRET FROM ZENONIA! Hm...I seem to like many sword fighting epic guys...oh WTF.
The only one on there who is from a REAL SSB game is Ike. I'm gonna need a list of attacks for some of these guys. And not ALL of these will make it to the final version. Though I am heavily considering Cloud, as he is epic alongside Ike.

I actually thought about putting Megaman and Zero, but figured I'd wait to see if anyone wanted them.

Out of these, the most likely entries will be:
Ike
Cloud
Megaman
Zero

If I manage to make a story, though it's unlikely, I might also add Sepiroth(did I spell that correctly) as a boss. If not, perhaps as an assist trophy.

But yeah, attack lists for all but Ike, please.

10 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:58 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Remember, you don't need to make their attacks the same as in SSBB. After all, it'd be hard to have that many buttons work together on a keyboard, anyway xP

For a total character list based on what you guys've said, I'd mostly recommend:

Mario, Luigi(probably), Bowser, Pikachu, Link, Zelda(maybe), Marth, G+W, Capt.Falcon, DK(maybe), Kirby, Fox, Megaman, Isaac(maybe), Cloud. Just because he's popular, Sonic, too. Oh, and Samus for sure. Maybe someone from one of those Capcom fighting games or something if you're doing 3rd-party people like Megaman. Oh, maybe Goku and/or Snake or whatever. Just because everyone knows them. Okay, and maybe Ness/Yoshi.

If you're including assist trophies, you can have a ton of characters be there.

...Say, what art style are you doing this in? Resources will probably be one of the most important character limiters.

11 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Primefusion

Admin
...*Facepalm*
>Ike
>Overpowered
>No personality
If you include him, please tone him down.

*Sephiroth
>Mommy's boy =/
>Is not Nintendo so flying this project under the SSB theme doesn't make sense.

12 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:26 pm

Charlotte

Chick
"Super Smash Bros." doesn't include the word Nintendo. It just happens to have mostly Nintendo characters. I'm pretty sure... That... Sepiroth has not appeared on a Nintendo system. So never mind.

13 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:29 pm

Jesse

For a total character list
so far, look at the first post. It's been updated.

Remember, you don't need to make their attacks the same as in SSBB. After all, it'd be hard to have that many buttons work together on a keyboard, anyway xP
Coming up with this off the top of my head:
Move = Arrow Keys
Jump = Spacebar(possibly up arrow as well)
Weak Attack = "Z"
Special Attack = "X"
Smash Attack = "C"
Grapple = "S"
As opposed to the GC Controller's
Move = Control Stick
Jump = "X"/"Y"/Fast Control Stick Up
Weak Attack = "A"
Special Attack = "B"
Smash Attack = C-Stick
Grapple = "Z"
...Say, what art style are you doing this in? Resources will probably be one of the most important character limiters.
IDK. I don't have any sprites yet, so that's still to be decided. When I get the first sprite done, I'll show you.
>Overpowered
But slow.
>Is not Nintendo so flying this project under the SSB theme doesn't make sense.
One word: Snake.
If you need elaboration: If they can put Snake in SSBB with only 1 MGS game on a nintendo system, then we can put sephiroth (there have been FF games on nintendo systems) in this game.

Also, I said MIGHT. Not DEFINITELY.

14 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:35 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Kay wrote:"Super Smash Bros." doesn't include the word Nintendo. It just happens to have mostly Nintendo characters.
*All of them are Nintendo characters, because it is a Nintendo game. Just because the company isn't in the title means nothing.

And there have been 2 MGS titles for Nintendo consoles. Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, and the original Metal Gear Solid for the Gameboy Color. Snake has been a Nintendo character, Sephiroth has not.

15 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Jesse

If it's that big a deal to you, I won't put him in, but tbh, I didn't think him being added would cause this much trouble.

16 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Charlotte

Chick
You could add a generic FF character who can change classes mid-battle XD

17 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:47 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Darkblade wrote:If it's that big a deal to you, I won't put him in, but tbh, I didn't think him being added would cause this much trouble.

Just make it like a video game allstar thing or something. Saying it's SSB implies it's all Nintendo. I don't really care either way actually, just pointing things out.

18 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Mercenary Lord

OK...
Zero First.

Normal:
A: Punch (Double-Punch, Z-Knuckle use for final punch.)
<-> + A: Dash Attack
Down + A : Low Z-Saber Stab (Like Ike's Down + A)

Specials:
B: Z-buster
->/<- + B: Triple Rod
Down + B: Z-Shield

Smashes:
UP Smash: Z-Saber Up Stab
Side smash: Z-saber Slash
Down-smash: use Recoil-rods in both directions.

Final Smash: Am thinking.

Here are some resources:
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/Zero/Zero/
http://www.sprites-inc.co.uk/files/X/Zello/

These sprites might even work, although some custom work would need to be done.

19 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Jesse

Just make it like a video game allstar thing or something.
Then I'd prolly end up having to add Kratos and many others who are waaaaaaaay OP, which I'm not doing. I'm going to try to stick with characters from series that have been on nintendo consoles. Sephiroth, although not actually on a nintendo console, was from FF, which has some games released on nintendo consoles(Moreso than MGS, might I add). I'll just keep Sephiroth out.

On to a topic other than Sephiroth, please.
As far as assist trophies go, Lyn and Shadow are two that I'd like to add in just because they're awesome. As for others, I'd like to know which ones you guys want. TBH, I always found Nintendog, that little demon thing that moves the camera position, and Resetti to be annoying no matter who gets them.

Oh, and ML, you forgot Up + B.

20 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:59 pm

Mercenary Lord

Ill fix it in a bit... Im tired.

21 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Jesse

I found something to use for it on those sheets.

22 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:06 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Absolutely DO NOT mix sprites from different games. That was one of the worst things about the Flash.

And final smashes are generally OP. If they have great range, they WILL hit(for a ton of damage). If they have poor range, they WILL kill if they hit. I'd leave them out entirely. Besides, they come with too many SFX that computers dislike.

Of course, if you're getting annoyed at me telling you to cut down on features and stuff, go ahead and say so XD
Just remember to have a realistic goal. Start low, then add stuff once you've got something playable.

23 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:24 pm

Jesse

I was actually going to save Final Smash stuff for later. If I make it good enough, then I'll add the Final Smash stuff.
final smashes are generally OP. If they have great range, they WILL hit(for a ton of damage). If they have poor range, they WILL kill if they hit.
Thus the "Final". And range also doesn't mean a hit. And few have 100% chance of a OHKO.

24 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Jesse

Small update on the first post. Yugi Moto's(if used) monsters. Dark Magician, Breaker the Magical Warrior, and Celtic Guardian. If Final Smashes end up used, his will be Slifer the Sky Dragon. After it's summoned, it will be similar to Snake's, though slower and more deadly.

25 Re: SSB Game on Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Yoshi

Admin
Yugi has such crappy monster cards.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum