Klokreations

You are not connected. Please login or register

FE Music Contest

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:51 pm

Jesse

So I figured we could use some contests here to find who is best at certain aspects. This would be for testing people at writing music.

The first few rounds will be songs chosen from Fire Emblem that are fairly simple to recompose. The catch is, those who compete will not be allowed to rewrite these songs exactly the way they are written in the games. This means you decide on your own instruments, and hamony parts and other parts outside of the melody will be written completely from your imagination. They can, however, be written in the same key as the original if you like.

Once finished, I ask that these songs be uploaded to Mediafire and the links PM'd to me. A file type will also have to be decided on.

After a while, I'll ask for a completely original song to be written by those competing. These will be composed under certain guidelines. (i.e. basic battle theme, boss battle theme, overworld theme, recruitment theme, etc.)

Before this contest begins, I need to know how many people will be interested in the contest. (this is so I have more than only two people competing) If you are interested in competing, please contact me via PM.

In this "Sign-Up PM"(as I will refer to it as), I ask that you tell me which music file types will be possible for you to compose these songs as. If either OGG's or MIDI's are inconvenient, that is what I'd especially like to know. This is for convenience.

The songs that are composed will be posted by me and will be voted on by everyone here(If you compete, no voting for yourself. It's only fair.) with only one vote per person.

Though there won't be a prize, I figured that this would be something fun to do.

As the number of people who will compete increases, I will add them to the list that will be kept at the bottom of this post.

----------------------------------------------------------
COMPETITORS:
Darkblade

Last edited by Darkblade on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

2 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 pm

Charlotte

Chick
Something tells me half the people here don't even know what a staff is.

3 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:16 pm

Jesse

Meh. I know that ML is involved in music, as is Paran(except he doesn't get on anymore), and I know you know what you're talking about when it comes to music. I don't know about how many others do, though.

4 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:39 pm

Zakerot

Darkblade wrote:
COMPETETORS:
Darkblade
WTF is a COMPETETOR?

5 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Jesse

someone competing in a contest.

6 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Primefusion

Admin
Competitors >.>

I know my way around music, but the software I use is for real instruments. Not GBA stuff. What type of software is good for generating GBA songs?

7 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:04 pm

Jesse

I'm not saying it has to sound like GBA music. Just recomposing a few themes from FE in general. One song may be from the home console games while another is from the handheld games. I'm still trying to figure out what file that I'd want to post these as.

I'd like MIDI, since it's pretty small, but it also doesn't sound the best if you don't have a MIDI card installed in your computer. Then I thought OGG, but I don't know how many people would be able to write songs in that file type.

This contest is still in its infancy stage, so there's still some work to be done and things to be decided on, but I hope to have things ready in a couple of weeks.

8 Re: FE Music Contest on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 pm

-points to folder titled "Rin's Music" on DropBox-

None of 'em are FE remixes, but it's alright to use them if anyone wants (Just throwin' that out there).

And than a few days after doing nothing but making all of those, I got bored with it and stopped making songs~..... >: So I guess I can't join.

9 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:41 am

Jesse

I CANT GO TO DROPBOX AND HEAR YOUR SONGS!
I SAD NOW!
*hides in corner and starts crying*

Though in all seriousness, I didn't know you wrote songs, Rin. Dat's coo'.

And if you want, you can enter those songs in some of the later rounds of the contest if they fit the category. What file type are they?

10 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:49 am

All of them are MIDI's, except for the 8-Bit Go, Go, Power Rangers remix.. :u
I'll eventually be uploading videos of them to my youtube account, so if you never get on dropbox, you can see them in like... A few months. >:

11 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:46 am

Parantheon

Youtube! I forgot! Has Matt been over to your house yet? If he hasn't we are so fucked!!!

http://illander.forumotion.com

12 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:53 am

He hasn't, and he hasn't added me on MSN or Skype. >.>;
And none of you have used the joint youtube account you all begged me to make. ;c

13 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:58 am

Parantheon

I just did actually. It's also the first time I have been able to get on the computer since school ended. Cut me some slack. Oh. That reminds me. P.M. where you're living now.

14 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:52 pm

Jesse

Anyay, getting back to the contest.

Is no one interested? I've recieved no PM's about whether anyone wants to be involved.

15 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Primefusion

Admin
No one answered my question about what program to use D= I actually want to dabble in GBA music so I can see if I can insert it into TRTR.

And why PMs? Seems like you're trying to keep things super-secret on an already super-secret board.

16 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:26 pm

Jesse

It doesn't matter which program you use. I'll be using Sibelius, but others may have a program that works much better for them. As long as we can all create files of the same type, it doesn't matter. Out of curiosity, which music composing program would you prefer to use? And what kinds of music files can it export?

I prefer PM's so that all the entries can be posted and voted on at the same time.

Unless you're referring to entries coming through PM's, which is just easier for me to keep track of than going through a huge topic trying to find out who is interested. If I notice a post in this topic saying that a person would like to be involved, then I'll put that person down, but I'd really prefer to be informed through PM.

17 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:28 pm

Parantheon

You know, I still haven't figured out how to use that damn thing.

18 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Jesse

Sibelius? I can send you a tut eventually. It's really simple once you get the hang of it.

19 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Parantheon

what's a tut?

20 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:44 pm

Jesse

tutorial

21 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Parantheon

Alright. Thanks.

22 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Charlotte

Chick
What kind of tutorial? One on how to use the program or one on how to compose good music?

If the latter, count me in!

Actually, that sounds like it'd be, like, music theory. Which I heard sucks.

23 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 pm

Parantheon

I can compose good music. I just need to know how to set the program up.

24 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:03 pm

Jesse

Just how to run the program. Writing good music would prolly be helpful on this, but each person has his/her own opinion on what is good music.

25 Re: FE Music Contest on Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:07 pm

Parantheon

Alright!!!! If that's it, then I am in great shape. Oh, G call your house, yet?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum